C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse New Throttle Controller now available for Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 11:56 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by ssmike56
What is the theory?
That your muscle memory for your foot movement with your normal seat position will be affected by changing the angle of your foot when the seat moves forward. It takes a while to get used to the change and in the meantime the position of the pedal is affected.

The test could be run in reverse by driving for a while in an eco mode and then switching to SP0 and moving the seat backwards.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:43 AM
dazz44
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question: Do I need to take my diablo can tune off before I install.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:47 AM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by dazz44
Question: Do I need to take my diablo can tune off before I install.
Nope.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:49 AM
dazz44
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
Nope.
Ok thanks
Old 09-22-2015, 02:30 AM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mbowers13
A few people have commented that if they wanted the benefit of this product, they would just push the pedal down further.

And that (lack of) benefit, i.e. using old technology, entirely misses the whole point and gain of the gadget. Stock and the Vitesse/other boosters, but particularly the Vitesse, are not even close to the same/OEM throttle.

I just came back from some work with the first US commissioned F-35 Squadron, with the Marines, and had a 1:1 showing of the Commanders F35B Lightening. A very little bit of that discussion was the difference between the F35 and any other earlier, non-F35 model fighter. Any idea which fighter technology he'd choose to fly?

Oh well, no worries, each to their own.

Last edited by J Christensen; 09-22-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:56 PM
PDsVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 72 Posts

In post #98, Ahmed responded to a question from Mike on the operation of the throttle controller with "The Controller is simply sending a signal to the Throttle Body bypassing the ECU that has some built-in delay that is originally there on purpose: For safety issues / fuel economy ..."

I really like this throttle controller and would strongly recommend it, but I don't see how this controller can send a signal to the TB, bypassing the ecm, since it is placed in series with the wiring from the APP to the ecm. The signal still has to go through the ecm because that is the way the car is wired. Logically, it seems that the controller alters the signal from the APP prior to sending it to the ecm and TB.

Maybe Ahmed can explain more thoroughly. Regardless of the way it works, I like it.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:30 AM
Columbia Corvette
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You Got to get one!

I have had my throttle controller for almost a week now. I love it. It's easy to install and it really woke up the response like it says it does. I am very spirited driver so I was a bit skeptical but let me tell you, you'll smile when you use it.
Since i am a spirited driver i keep mine at 9. it sure wakes things up!
I have an email tune and it hasn't affected it one bit.
My Mods on a base '08 LS3 : LT headers with catted xpipe and Corsa exhaust, K&N intake, 160 Tstat,Ported TB and intake and email tune from Lew(Diablew).
Well worth the price and my customer service was excellent.!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:35 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Just want to give a Aloha and Mahalos to Vitesse Motorsports for a fast shipping to the islands.ordered this tuesday and arrived fri.didnt expect it to arrive that fast so installed it the same day.drove the car that night to test set at 7 and went straight to 9.woowww this thing works.mods-bolt-ons and stage2 blower cam.leaving set at 9.thanks again.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:17 AM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by NMJoe
I installed mine yesterday and drove it for the first time tonight. I had an odd experience and wonder if it is normal with this controller, or if I should be concerned.

I was in SP6 and under acceleration, aiming for gradually gaining speed from a 15 MPH or so roll. The acceleration did not feel quite as immediate when I did this as it had during the previous part of the trip, when at about 45 MPH I received a pretty abrupt dose of acceleration, which not only startled me, I was taken aback as I came up on other traffic fairly quickly. The sensation was akin to VTEC kicking in on a Honda product, only this was on steroids. Should I be concerned that the unit is faulty or is this normal? I was afraid to do much more with it tonight as there was a lot of traffic.

BTW, here's where I installed the controller...
I know this post is a bit old, but didn't see a follow up in the thread. I haven't experienced anything like this. Sounds like a calibration issue. Did you ever get this resolved or did Ahmed address your concerns?
Old 12-25-2015, 11:24 PM
Z06Brucey
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

So if I am custom tuned with HP tuners this throttle controller will not affect my custom tune?
Old 12-26-2015, 12:29 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Brucey
So if I am custom tuned with HP tuners this throttle controller will not affect my custom tune?
It will have no effect on your tune whatsoever. It's a completely independent modification.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:05 AM
NMJoe
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
I know this post is a bit old, but didn't see a follow up in the thread. I haven't experienced anything like this. Sounds like a calibration issue. Did you ever get this resolved or did Ahmed address your concerns?
This apparently was an anomoly, as I have not experienced anything similar since my original post. I do like the controller, especially since my GS is my DD, and in bad weather with the stock Goodyears I can tone things down to where tip-in is extremely long and safe in cold, wet conditions. On dry days I keep it in SP6. This is certainly worth the cost of admission.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:07 PM
Otherslost
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I cannot get the damn plug loose to install this. anyone have a pic on how to release this plug?

thanks.

UPDATE: That clip on the plug was the biggest PITA!! Got it installed and will go try it out.

Last edited by Otherslost; 12-31-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:49 PM
Otherslost
Pro

After fighting that stupid plug I got it installed and back together in 5 min.

all I can say is HOLY S%^T! This thing really wakes the car up. This is worth every penny. Now just have to get used to it.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:55 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

set it at 9 and leave it there.your always ready.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:13 PM
Otherslost
Pro

Originally Posted by Blk 08 C6
set it at 9 and leave it there.your always ready.
Done!
Old 01-05-2016, 12:54 PM
C6-Sage
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed one of these on my car and its pretty awesome. I'm completely stock at the moment and its a huge difference in driving quality. It's still not quite a "cable throttle" feel, but it's definitely way better than stock! Very easy install. The hardest part was understanding how the gray clip removes from the pedal connector (it was hard to look at while upside down, so it wasn't immediately apparent).

Quick question though, will my c6 unit work on a pontiac g8? I would love for my friend to try this out on his car.

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse New Throttle Controller now available for Corvettes

Old 01-05-2016, 01:17 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by C6-Sage
I just installed one of these on my car and its pretty awesome. I'm completely stock at the moment and its a huge difference in driving quality. It's still not quite a "cable throttle" feel, but it's definitely way better than stock! Very easy install. The hardest part was understanding how the gray clip removes from the pedal connector (it was hard to look at while upside down, so it wasn't immediately apparent).

Quick question though, will my c6 unit work on a pontiac g8? I would love for my friend to try this out on his car.
If it won't work on an 05 C6 I doubt it will work on a Pontiac.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Proud Owner
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I have the Vitesse Throttle Controller installed. And WOW what a difference. Plus the customer service rocks. Great guy. Really makes a difference on our Vettes. I almost went with the competition. Thank God I did NOT. Vitesse Throttle Controller has the best price,performance and customer service.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

One thing that is nice. I decided to move mine to inside the ashtray since I don't use it. I unplugged the controller, removed the ashtray, installed the controller in the ashtray and plugged it back in. It worked perfectly. No need to re-calibrate. And when you think about the $$ we saved over the other options out there...