C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backup Camera thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 04:59 PM
COCO RICK
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Backup Camera thoughts

I purchased a BOYO #VTB44MC mirror mount backup camera system on amazon open box site for great price (75% off amazon regular price). Of course, it doesn't fit over the on star mirror with the spring clips. This means I'm force to use the windshield mount. That requires removing the OEM on star mirror and replacing it with the BOYO. No big deal except I'll lose the two map lights. I'm trying to convince myself that I won't miss them, but I'm not sure. I didn't want to spend a lot money for this and if I send it back I'll be buying a much cheaper unit.

Any opinions????
Old 09-08-2015, 05:18 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

whatever suits you and works for the monitor is cool.

however, you will find these 2 items to be awesome, looks better, works better overall with easier installation and if removed, a camera hole that would be almost unnoticable...

replace your camera with a (about $14) tilt camera. it will be less visible from outside, will allow you to set the view whereever you desire, leave a hole that would be almost unnoticable if you ever remove it. see bottom of post #1 and all of post #2...

put in a wireless transmitter and receiver , lots less work in the installation and NO hole drilled into rear of car. not that the tiny hole you will have to drill to get video cable into car will matter much. you really dont have to , but after your installation, you will tell yourself, for $11 i should have. see post #5

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tallation.html

Last edited by ChevyDave; 09-08-2015 at 05:24 PM. Reason: corrected prices
Old 09-08-2015, 05:37 PM
bolling
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COCO RICK
I purchased a BOYO #VTB44MC mirror mount backup camera system on amazon open box site for great price (75% off amazon regular price). Of course, it doesn't fit over the on star mirror with the spring clips. This means I'm force to use the windshield mount. That requires removing the OEM on star mirror and replacing it with the BOYO. No big deal except I'll lose the two map lights. I'm trying to convince myself that I won't miss them, but I'm not sure. I didn't want to spend a lot money for this and if I send it back I'll be buying a much cheaper unit.

Any opinions????
Factory backup camera's are great, they beep and show you exactly how close you are with sections. I had a kenwood with backup camera installed on my 92 ZR1. It was nice because the camera bolted on with the top two license plate screws but it was still hard to tell exactly how close you were to something like on a factory setup. You can see behind you and it worked well but it was hard to judge distance.

Get notified of new replies

To Backup Camera thoughts

Quick Reply: Backup Camera thoughts