C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ideas what my car may be worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 11:22 AM
invadermoose
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Any ideas what my car may be worth?

I feel like there should be a better forum to post this in, but I didnt want to post a question in the for sale section.

I checked ebay sold listings but there isnt a whole lot to go off of, here's what I have:

white 2008 base Corvette c6 hard top, 37k miles, has an ECS supercharger and Alky methanol kit and makes 580 rwhp. Also has BillyBoat exhaust and Kooks headers.

Other than that, it's an un-modded run of the mill C6. Everything else is in good condition, just as any car with 37k miles should be.

I dont have navigation or the Z51 package

Does anyone know any sort of a ballpark figure for this thing?
Old 09-20-2015, 11:23 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,674 Likes on 1,297 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I'd check www.kbb.com or www.autotrader.com for vehicles in your area.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:24 AM
invadermoose
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jrose7004
I'd check www.kbb.com or www.autotrader.com for vehicles in your area.
I would, but I dont think autotrader has the feature which allows you to see which cars actually sold? If my car was totally stock KBB would probably be useful, but I'm sure the mods affect the price quite a bit
Old 09-20-2015, 11:38 AM
beamg5
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by invadermoose
I feel like there should be a better forum to post this in, but I didnt want to post a question in the for sale section.

I checked ebay sold listings but there isnt a whole lot to go off of, here's what I have:

white 2008 base Corvette c6 hard top, 37k miles, has an ECS supercharger and Alky methanol kit and makes 580 rwhp. Also has BillyBoat exhaust and Kooks headers.

Other than that, it's an un-modded run of the mill C6. Everything else is in good condition, just as any car with 37k miles should be.

I dont have navigation or the Z51 package

Does anyone know any sort of a ballpark figure for this thing?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I, along with others, would more than likely be happy to "chime in" with a number, but your description is void of details that are necessary in establishing an estimate of value..........

Pictures are worth a thousand words, for instance, as condition can affect the price by thousands, one way or the other. A reasonably detailed list of equipment, an equally detailed description of the supporting hardware used in your performance upgrade, which transmission is in use, etc. etc.......

In short....Pictures (the more the better) and a detailed narrative regarding all of the previous (and more) is necessary to even taking a "stab in the dark !!

Gary
Old 09-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by invadermoose
This is the correct place to ask what your car is worth. If it's for sale, when you post it in the For Sale forum, you must include an asking price in the post.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Boilerman
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Your Vette is worth what one is willing to pay and that may not be as much as you think it should be.
My experience with selling my modified Corvettes has been that I was unable to get what the extras cost plus the low blue book price.

And forget it if you are attempting to wholesale a modified car and I was talking to a dealer that specialized in those kind of cars, they buy very low and sell very high!

Some times your best would be to sell the car to some one that you know in your club if you belong to one?

I my self will not purchase a modified car as I have now way of knowing what the true history is.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:01 PM
_05C6_
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts

You already know there is a difference in what it's worth and what you could get for it. And I'm sure you already know selling a modded car regardless of the condition is mostly done at a loss.
However like Boilerman said, someone that knows the car and admires it already would be a good candidate.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:23 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by beamg5
I, along with others, would more than likely be happy to "chime in" with a number, but your description is void of details that are necessary in establishing an estimate of value..........
In my neighborhood that car (kinda sorta) "unmodded" would be $24ish. Just my opinion but $28 on a good day, $20 on a bad day.
Good luck.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by ruxvette
In my neighborhood that car (kinda sorta) "unmodded" would be $24ish. Just my opinion but $28 on a good day, $20 on a bad day.
Good luck.
I agree w. above and w. 05's comments. If you don't know what '05 said you will be in for a slight shock re peop. wishing to buy and modded cars. You'll have to find just that one, right person for it. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
I agree w. above and w. 05's comments. If you don't know what '05 said you will be in for a slight shock re peop. wishing to buy and modded cars. You'll have to find just that one, right person for it. Good luck.
Agreed.

My one priority last year when I was looking, aside from being an automatic coupe, was that it was bone-stock.

As I learned when I was young, if you buy anything that was modded (aside from cosmetics) you KNOW it was run hard. The factory-stock '07 that I ended up buying was previously owned by a woman, so I felt fairly safe that it was not abused.

My advice: If you keep the mods on it, go after younger guys. An older guy (50-60) probably won't even be interested.

Get notified of new replies

To Any ideas what my car may be worth?

Quick Reply: Any ideas what my car may be worth?