C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kerbeck Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 12:17 PM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Kerbeck Corvette

Ok, I just sold my 1990 Vert now I've been searching for a C6 Vert. I've checked all the major websites & car dealers, I find it strange that the 'largest Corvette dealer in world' does not have any used Corvettes ?
Old 09-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 445 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by PHILLIE PHANATIC
Ok, I just sold my 1990 Vert now I've been searching for a C6 Vert. I've checked all the major websites & car dealers, I find it strange that the 'largest Corvette dealer in world' does not have any used Corvettes ?
Hmmm....I just checked their website myself & you're right. I wonder if they cleaned out their used inventory in anticipation of the 2016's coming up for sale & the trade-ins that would bring.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:52 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

I'm selling.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:15 PM
astaggs
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

They take them to the Manheim Pa. auto auction I beleive
Old 09-23-2015, 03:56 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by art staggs
They take them to the Manheim Pa. auto auction I beleive
That's what I've read here also, they don't want to bothered with selling used corvettes'.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:47 PM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Originally Posted by extrapilot
That's what I've read here also, they don't want to bothered with selling used corvettes'.
Then I guess I have no use for them. I'm sorry that I'm not in the market for a NEW Corvette. It's too bad that they look down to used Corvette customers. My money is green also, just not as many $ as new.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

My money is green also, just not as many $ as new.
yeah but the Phanatic is a different shade of green ………….
Old 09-23-2015, 10:45 PM
DanC4
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked the Corvette Mike New England website and they have several C6 convertables. If you're in Acushnet it's an easy drive to Plymouth.

http://corvettemikenewengland.com/
Old 09-23-2015, 11:02 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I could be wrong on this, but I think that there is just not enough money in a used Vette for it to be profitable for them. They could not give a customer top dollar on a trade in and a great deal on a new Vette too. Used cars can be a headache to deal with, and they sell enough new ones to not need the business.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:05 AM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
I could be wrong on this, but I think that there is just not enough money in a used Vette for it to be profitable for them. They could not give a customer top dollar on a trade in and a great deal on a new Vette too. Used cars can be a headache to deal with, and they sell enough new ones to not need the business.
I think you hit the nail on the head. The price people with later model vettes with low mileage expect to sell their car for compared to the payment on a new vette are usually so close that as a high volume dealer, it's easier for them to sell the new vette with new car warranty and not have to deal with any of the aggravation that goes along with a used car sale. They sell well over 125 new vettes per month. One example is a local dealer has a 2012 Grand Sport with low mileage listed for $49,900.

Compare the monthly payment of a $49,900 4 model year used car with a brand new Stingray and it doesn't take a big bump in monthly payment to afford the Stingray. Most older vettes are out of warranty and if an issue occurs shortly after the sale, like the navigation stops working or the fuel tank gauges stop working, the profit from the sale can be wiped out just fixing these.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:24 AM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Originally Posted by DanC4
Just checked the Corvette Mike New England website and they have several C6 convertables. If you're in Acushnet it's an easy drive to Plymouth.

http://corvettemikenewengland.com/
Yes, I'm aware of Corvette Mike's, and I have checked their inventory, but I think that they are on the high side pricewise. Like everyone has said USED Vettes are high right now, unless you are trying to sell. I priced mine reasonably, that's why it sold in 1 week, too the first person who saw it.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:28 AM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Originally Posted by direct007
I think you hit the nail on the head. The price people with later model vettes with low mileage expect to sell their car for compared to the payment on a new vette are usually so close that as a high volume dealer, it's easier for them to sell the new vette with new car warranty and not have to deal with any of the aggravation that goes along with a used car sale. They sell well over 125 new vettes per month. One example is a local dealer has a 2012 Grand Sport with low mileage listed for $49,900.

Compare the monthly payment of a $49,900 4 model year used car with a brand new Stingray and it doesn't take a big bump in monthly payment to afford the Stingray. Most older vettes are out of warranty and if an issue occurs shortly after the sale, like the navigation stops working or the fuel tank gauges stop working, the profit from the sale can be wiped out just fixing these.
I know what you mean. I'm looking at C6, these people are trying to get $30,000 - $35,000 for a car with 30K miles Let's get real a 2005 is now 11 years old ! I will keep looking, up north here the dealer will want to get rid of convertibles before the snow flies. I've got all winter to look, and next spring the car will be 1 year older.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:30 AM
PAULEB07
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by rob62
I'm selling.

Need more info...
How much$
Where are you?
Year?
Milage?
Old 09-24-2015, 08:38 AM
hotmotorsports
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PAULEB07
Need more info...
How much$
Where are you?
Year?
Mileage?
That makes sense!

Chuck M
Old 09-24-2015, 08:44 AM
hotmotorsports
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Then I guess I have no use for them. I'm sorry that I'm not in the market for a NEW Corvette. It's too bad that they look down to used Corvette customers. My money is green also, just not as many $ as new.
Why in heck do they "look down to used Corvette customers" just because they don't have any used Corvettes for sale??? All they've done is make a business decision not to stock used ones! When you buy them out, you can run it your way!

Talk about digging up a fake negative!

They are also giving the opportunity to the Corvette re-sellers out there. If they wanted to, they could really, really effect the used Corvette market. They choose not to.

I'll bet they do quite well on the used Corvette Wholesale Marketplace. All we have to do is go to the dealers that bought them.

Chuck M

Last edited by hotmotorsports; 09-24-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:25 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

You may want to look at used corvettes in Canada. It's easy to import to the USA, and the US dollar is 30% higher than the Canadian dollar.
on a $30K car, you would save $9,000 or get it for $21K US dollars

What little paperwork you have to do is a piece of cake.
Many Canadian cars were imported from the USA when the Can dollar was higher than the US dollar from 2010-2013

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 09-24-2015 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:38 PM
hotmotorsports
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
You may want to look at used corvettes in Canada. It's easy to import to the USA, and the US dollar is 30% higher than the Canadian dollar.
on a $30K car, you would save $9,000 or get it for $21K US dollars

What little paperwork you have to do is a piece of cake.
Many Canadian cars were imported from the USA when the Can dollar was higher than the US dollar from 2010-2013
Excellent point! I hadn't thought of that.

Isn't there an import tax, double sales tax, and waiting period. Plus you have to find an import company to do the paperwork at about $450?

That's how I remember doing it with a company that bought dump trucks there (in year 1999 or 2000 +-).

Chuck M

Get notified of new replies

To Kerbeck Corvette

Old 09-24-2015, 02:17 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Could be the dealership is getting ready for there Toys for Tots Run next month, and knowing they will be getting trade in for there lot.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:42 PM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Why in heck do they "look down to used Corvette customers" just because they don't have any used Corvettes for sale??? All they've done is make a business decision not to stock used ones! When you buy them out, you can run it your way!

Talk about digging up a fake negative!

WOW ! Hit a nerve did I ? I didn't mean to **** in your cornflakes. I just stated that I'm kind of insulted that they a only want NEW Corvette money. All the people out there selling their cars themselves think that they are dealers with their high prices. Remember personal sales you get no warranty. I am seeing crazy prices for 10 - 11 year old cars with 30k - 50k miles. I'll keep looking, I'm in no hurry.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:02 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by hotmotorsports
Excellent point! I hadn't thought of that.

Isn't there an import tax, double sales tax, and waiting period. Plus you have to find an import company to do the paperwork at about $450?

That's how I remember doing it with a company that bought dump trucks there (in year 1999 or 2000 +-).

Chuck M
When I imported my car in 2009 from the US into Canada,. all I paid was the federal tax when I entered into Canada. I then paid my provincial tax when I registered the car in my city.
The fee at the border was approx $200.00 for the Customs fees (paperwork mostly)
You just need to fax a copy of the following to the Canadian border that you will be crossing at. Vehicle registration , the sales invoice (receipt), and have proof that all the recalls have been done on the vehicle. You can get that from any GM dealer in the US or Canada, or from the GM head office. It just has to be on a GM letterhead or a GM dealer letterhead.
The dealers won't charge you anything, but the GM head office will charge you $250.00

I didn't use a broker to do this when I imported. It's real simple to do.
As long as you have a copy of the paperwork at the customs (Canada for you, US for me)
I stopped at the border crossing US side, showed them the original paperwork, they check it against the faxed copies, check the VIN # of the vehicle, and make sure it's the same as on the registration, then I went to the Canadian border and paid the federal tax, the Customs fee, then I was on my way.

Also, you will need to get a temporary plate for your car, which is about $20.00 from the DMV.

Since the NAFTA agreement between US-Canada -Mexico, its easy to import or export cars between the 3 countries.

BTW, if you buy from a dealer in Canada, they will help you with the process, get your temp plate, get the registration in your name, etc.

Good Luck in your search.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 09-24-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Kerbeck Corvette