C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunset Orange Creations are MIA! Exhaust Commander Elite Installation Instructions?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 12:24 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Sunset Orange Creations are MIA! Exhaust Commander Elite Installation Instructions?!

I have tried to be tactful and polite but my patience has worn out. In June I purchased my Exhaust Commander Elite unit. I didn't receive it until MONTHS later, and my order was missing an OBD-II splitter I'd paid for.

But the MOST frustrating thing has been the total lack of effective communication with the seller. Their website has been down for weeks now, and I need the PDF to install the module, which is more complex than just a simple "Mild 2 Wild" install.

Does ANYONE have the PDF for installation of this product? Some nice folks have sent me the M2W instructions but there's more parts to this unit. I've already run the vacuum hoses to my mufflers... my car is essentially undriveable at the moment until I finish this.

They may have been a reliable merchant in the past, but at this time I would NOT recommend anyone do business with Sunset Orange Creations.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:58 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

i used them a couple years ago and couldn't be happier. answered my email on a saturday morning and walked me through the programming VIA CELL PHONE.

try this number if you haven't already. 510 eight eight two 677 one.

it is by far a must have... nothing cooler than the programming of open and closed by RPM.. as well as fully closed at all times if you wish. stealth mode lol
Old 10-04-2015, 01:53 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Oh man I sure appreciate you reaching out, but.........

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! I was fortunately able to reverse-engineer everything based on the parts that I had...

To those remaining members who are having issues installing their Exhaust Commander, I now consider myself a "reluctant expert" at the installation process and I am more than happy to pay forward all of the help that others have given me by helping you. Send me a PM.

Whew! I'm "exhausted," but happy and excited... See what I did there?
Old 10-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Vara , how does it sound ?

lol

all that work was worth it right ?

Dave
Old 10-05-2015, 06:42 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Vara , how does it sound ?

lol

all that work was worth it right ?

Dave

Man, after all my grumbling I have to say........ this unit is AWESOME. Works EXACTLY like I want to...
- quiet all the time,
- loud all the time, OR
- like a RPM-programmable factory bi-mode exhaust...

... all with simple pushes of the "lock" button!

The whole experience was pretty easy looking back on it. I was just frustrated at the lack of communication from the seller. In his defense, he made the best exhaust controller on the market, in my opinion.

Thanks for all the help.

Get notified of new replies

To Sunset Orange Creations are MIA! Exhaust Commander Elite Installation Instructions?!

Quick Reply: Sunset Orange Creations are MIA! Exhaust Commander Elite Installation Instructions?!