C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car carrier Tucson to Salem

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Jayhawk62
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car carrier Tucson to Salem

Do any of you have a recommendation of a car transporting company. I need to have my car "moved" from Oro Valley, AZ to Salem, OR.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:21 AM
CHEV AGAIN
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Vistoso Vecino
Do any of you have a recommendation of a car transporting company. I need to have my car "moved" from Oro Valley, AZ to Salem, OR.
It's a great drive and we are having great weather right now. Unless you simply don't have time?

Mark
Old 10-06-2015, 12:01 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,611 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Vistoso Vecino
There are several good transport companies (Reliable, Plycar to name two) for enclosed trucks but that may be a tuff move to fill. An open carrier I am familiar with is Selland Auto Transport (615 S 96th St
Seattle, WA 98108-4914 Main Office 206.767.5960).

I have done the drive several times from Tucson to Tacoma and it is beautiful.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:55 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Try Forum vendor, Intercity. Also, try Horseless Carriage, both excellent.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Jayhawk62
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, and thank you for the suggestions. I must drive the SUV and trailer; my wife is recovering from a revision in a knee replacement and has never driven my car.

It seems to me even if the trip were to go well--she keeps away from kerbs, other crazy drivers, and who-knows-what in the road, the road damage will off-set the cost of pay a transporter. She (the car) is pretty perfect AND we are each 76 years here.

Seems to vary in costs from around $700 to $1500 and a paint job could be a lot more

Take care out there,
Old 10-06-2015, 07:49 PM
mad0953
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

galmond@almondexotictransports.com

This guy is good.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:50 PM
mad0953
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

galmond@almondexotictransports.com
Old 10-07-2015, 05:02 PM
carshippingcarriers
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post Deleted

Commercial posting

Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.

Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they purchased for their own personal use. They also are welcome to use the Forum to purchase items for their personal use. Anything else is considered to be a commercial sale or a commercial purchase for the purpose of re-selling. Please check the sales rules regarding eBay sales and links:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...eir-parts.html

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (logos, address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

Only supporting vendors can post Group Purchase threads. Only supporting vendors are permitted to post threads to gauge interest in a product.

Members can include a mention of their personal businesses in their signatures or posts so long as the enterprise does not compete with an existing supporting vendor, is not Corvette-related and is not so detailed (logos, address, phone number, e-mail address, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequently appended to their posts that it becomes inappropriate marketing and promotion. The same applies on references to other Internet automotive communities.

For details and pricing on the site's supporting vendor program, contact the advertising team at Internet Brands through this link:

http://www.internetbrandsauto.com/contact .

Last edited by johnodrake; 10-07-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:40 PM
CHEV AGAIN
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Look me up or give me a PM when you get up here, I'm about 15 minutes east of salem.
I'll show you around.
Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Car carrier Tucson to Salem

Quick Reply: Car carrier Tucson to Salem