C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In search of a good Long Island Chevy dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:36 PM
JJB82
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In search of a good Long Island Chevy dealer

I live on Long Island and began to bring my 09 vette to the dealer I purchased it at for service. The dealer is Huntington Chevy. I have been to a lot of service departments before. This one is by far the absolute worst. Honestly, I would rather pay a private mechanic to service my car then to have to go back to Huntington Chevy. My question is the warranty is about to expire on my vette. There are a couple of minor issues I would like to have checked out before my warranty expires next month. Can anyone please recommend a Chevy dealer with a good service department on Long Island? Thanks for your help
Old 10-10-2015, 09:21 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Arnold Chevy in west Babylon... Bought two vettes there and take my car there all the time.. Mechanic Chris is awesome and great guys in service.. As a matter of fact the Corvette Society has a car show there tomorrow 10/11.. Stop by the show and ask for me..

joe
Old 10-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB82
I live on Long Island and began to bring my 09 vette to the dealer I purchased it at for service. The dealer is Huntington Chevy. I have been to a lot of service departments before. This one is by far the absolute worst. Honestly, I would rather pay a private mechanic to service my car then to have to go back to Huntington Chevy. My question is the warranty is about to expire on my vette. There are a couple of minor issues I would like to have checked out before my warranty expires next month. Can anyone please recommend a Chevy dealer with a good service department on Long Island? Thanks for your help
I know there are some because people say so, but I haven't found any yet.
Of course I live in a one horse town also, lucky to have a dealer I guess.
NSF
Old 10-11-2015, 03:03 AM
JJB82
Instructor

Originally Posted by joec
Arnold Chevy in west Babylon... Bought two vettes there and take my car there all the time.. Mechanic Chris is awesome and great guys in service.. As a matter of fact the Corvette Society has a car show there tomorrow 10/11.. Stop by the show and ask for me..

joe
Ok thanks. What time does it start?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:09 AM
PAULEB07
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 226 Posts

Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville. Just one block south of Old Country Rd.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:50 AM
JJB82
Instructor

Originally Posted by PAULEB07
Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville. Just one block south of Old Country Rd.
I've been there before and they were very good. I'll probably go there. Thanks
Old 10-11-2015, 09:26 PM
65 Drivr
Drifting

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville

Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville
Ask for Ozzy
Old 10-12-2015, 04:34 AM
BGCZO6
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 65 Drivr
Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville
Ask for Ozzy
Old 10-12-2015, 10:35 AM
MidWestKev
Advanced

Atlantic Cadillac/Chevrolet in Bay Shore. Most dealers that service Cadillacs are top-shelf IMO. Ask for Service Advisor Roberto.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:27 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by JJB82
Try Chevy 112 in Medford. Excellent service department . The tech is Dave and he's been doing it for a long time. he also doesn't mind you watching. Been going there for 10 years never had a problem. You could also try Atlantic Chevy in Bayshore. Their Corvette guy is good also.

Clif
Old 10-12-2015, 06:59 PM
PAULEB07
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 226 Posts

Please let us know which one you went to and how you made out.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:33 PM
livette
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had some warranty work and a couple of recalls done at Atlantic Chevy in Bayshore. I had no issues.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:48 AM
SouthBaySurfer
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by MidWestKev
Atlantic Cadillac/Chevrolet in Bay Shore. Most dealers that service Cadillacs are top-shelf IMO. Ask for Service Advisor Roberto.
Atlantic has taken care of my 'Vette and my wife's SRX. I have nothing but good things to say about the treatment and service they provided. I'm sure there are some who are less than pleased with them, but I'm going by my own experiences.
BTW, Roberto was promoted and transferred to Huntington Chevrolet(which is owned by Atlantic). Dennis is the advisor to ask for now.

Get notified of new replies

To In search of a good Long Island Chevy dealer

Quick Reply: In search of a good Long Island Chevy dealer