C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6mt - Reverse won't come back to neutral

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 05:31 AM
furiousox
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Default 6mt - Reverse won't come back to neutral

Hello all,

I am noticing this on my buddy's 07 with the T56 tranny. The car is mint with 40k miles on it.

Sometimes after going into reverse, the shifter would literally become stuck, and I can't pull it back out of gear, and even if I do, the gear won't move to the left toward neutral, so basically I feel like I am still partially stuck in reverse, or between reverse and neutral. I haven't released the clutch to see if the engine stalls to confirm yet.

Any idea what's going on?
Old 11-14-2015, 06:58 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

No idea, but my guess is it's internal to the trans itself. I'd ask an expert like RKT56 who works on them. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...derick-md.html
Old 11-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by furiousox
Hello all,

I am noticing this on my buddy's 07 with the T56 tranny. The car is mint with 40k miles on it.

Sometimes after going into reverse, the shifter would literally become stuck, and I can't pull it back out of gear, and even if I do, the gear won't move to the left toward neutral, so basically I feel like I am still partially stuck in reverse, or between reverse and neutral. I haven't released the clutch to see if the engine stalls to confirm yet.

If that only happens in reverse, it's most likely an internal problem. Give us a call on Monday and we can help you find out what's wrong.

Originally Posted by AORoads
No idea, but my guess is it's internal to the trans itself. I'd ask an expert like RKT56 who works on them. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...derick-md.html
Old 11-14-2015, 09:11 PM
furiousox
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Ah thanks guys, my buddy's car is under warranty so maybe he'll get a new TR unit haha
Old 11-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,012 Likes on 2,171 Posts

Originally Posted by furiousox
Hello all,

Bank that when you pull the top off the clutch fluid tank, the fluid inside is pitch black and had floaters in it.

Hence the clutch fluid is contaminated, and when you press the pedal all the way down, it not fully releasing the clutch.

Short of that, would dare to guess that the back linkage coupler bolt for the shifter linkage is loose.

But since it still under warranty, then let the dealer solve the problem under warranty.

Get notified of new replies

To 6mt - Reverse won't come back to neutral

Quick Reply: 6mt - Reverse won't come back to neutral