C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 12:53 PM
Smitsd
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Need help please

Hello Forum Members and a Happy Thanksgiving to all

If anyone has the aftermarket C6 trunk lid liner with the embroidery patch, I need the width measurement, end of wing to end of wing of the patch.
Thanks Smitsd
Old 11-25-2015, 04:08 PM
edcologne
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitsd
Hello Forum Members and a Happy Thanksgiving to all

If anyone has the aftermarket C6 trunk lid liner with the embroidery patch, I need the width measurement, end of wing to end of wing of the patch.
Thanks Smitsd
are you referring to this one? is the oem accessory.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:07 PM
Smitsd
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes I am. I have an 05 convertible with the OEM lid liner with no patch. It's my understanding that the liner was dropped for model year 2006, and you had to go aftermarket to get one with an embroidery.I'm working with an embroidery shop to make one for me but their suggesting a width of 15". I think this might be a little to wide. If you could send me the measurements,width wing tip to wing tip of the patch shown in your photo I would really appreciate it. Thanks and have a great thanksgiving.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:57 PM
edcologne
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by edcologne
are you referring to this one? is the oem accessory.

Originally Posted by Smitsd
Yes I am. I have an 05 convertible with the OEM lid liner with no patch. It's my understanding that the liner was dropped for model year 2006, and you had to go aftermarket to get one with an embroidery.I'm working with an embroidery shop to make one for me but their suggesting a width of 15". I think this might be a little to wide. If you could send me the measurements,width wing tip to wing tip of the patch shown in your photo I would really appreciate it. Thanks and have a great thanksgiving.
interesting, did not know 05's had that liner. kinda like the earlier ones had the under hood light from the getgo.
not sure what the embroidery charges but a new oem accessory one on ebay is $129 shipped:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C6-Corvette-...9UuZDW&vxp=mtr

anyways, here is what I measured (lets call it +/- 1/8", not fitting pistons rings or axle gears here ):
- emblem wing tip to wing tip is 14"
- wing tip to outside of the liner is 15" on each side
- the lower peak of the emblem in the center measures 5.5" from the bottom and 8.5" from the top of the liner
- wing tip to the top of the liner is 5.5"

The following users liked this post:
Smitsd (11-26-2015)

Get notified of new replies

To Need help please

Quick Reply: Need help please