C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One or Two pice Brake Pads ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Ed Cackowski
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default One or Two pice Brake Pads ????

Hi Rocket Riders !!!!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I have a 2013 427 vert with the chrome ZR1 Wheels and am tried of all the dust generated by the stock Brake Pads . I searched on line and found two models of Hawk Ceramic Pads a two piece Model HB531Z.570 and a single piece model HB659Z.570 .

The stock Pads are two piece , but is there an advantage to the single piece model? I do not track the car but do some spirited driving. Anyone have experience with the single piece Pads?

Thanks for the help

ED :
Old 11-27-2015, 08:12 AM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Hey Ed, I have the same car and I switched to the Hawk single ceramic pads. Less dust now and stops just fine. They still have brake dust but not as bad as stock pads.

Last edited by Todds427; 11-27-2015 at 08:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ed Cackowski (11-27-2015)
Old 11-27-2015, 08:29 AM
Ed Cackowski
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todds427
Hey Ed, I have the same car and I switched to the Hawk single ceramic pads. Less dust now and stops just fine. They still have brake dust but not as bad as stock pads.
Hi Todd !!!!!
Thanks was there a reason you went with the single piece pads over the stock two piece
Ed
Old 11-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

My stock pads were 6 piece (6 small pads) and I went with the single pad for simplicity and ease of install.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

AutoZone Ceramic Gold pad lets, $120 all in and good to go. They work just fine and cut dust 90%. Fun DIY job
NSF
Old 11-27-2015, 03:00 PM
MTsVette
Drifting

Location: O'Fallon Illinois - Currently own a 2016 Z06 1LZ A8 Coupe
Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
AutoZone Ceramic Gold pad lets, $120 all in and good to go. They work just fine and cut dust 90%. Fun DIY job
NSF

I have them all around on my 2012 GS. Great pads. Very low dust and brakes work absolutely fine.

MT
Old 11-27-2015, 05:39 PM
g's13 GS
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

stock front pads on a 13 GS are 6 padlets per side
Old 11-28-2015, 11:25 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

I cant not speak for the Hawk pads but the Carbotech 1 piece give you about 15% more pad surface while also giving better pedal feel and a lot more even pad wear. You will see when you pull your padlets you will see they are all worn at different rates. For a quality low dust performance pad take a look at the Carbotech 1521 pad a 100% non corrosive dust will not harm your wheels or paint.

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.

Original 1 piece press release:

We have finished our redesign of our C6 Z06 One Piece pad for the front and rear stock calipers (PBR Calipers). We were the first to release the padlets almost four years ago, and then we were the first to release the One Piece over a year ago. That design that we worked with GM on wasn't perfect. That's the same design you see other companies using now.

We set out to redesign the new One Piece all on our own. We wanted to make sure it was perfect and even more user friendly. This new design will drop right into the caliper and you don't have to take out the caliper pins or spring clips. The spring clips are critical in keeping the brake pad square to the rotor surface and ensuring that the pads slide smoothly along the pins. The spring clips also assist in reducing the noise inside the caliper.

This new one piece will make changing pads a lot faster and easier. The newly designed Carbotech One Piece will give longer pad life and a little more bite as well. We are molding the new One Piece pad just like we do with all the C6, C5, and C4 brake pads.

We are also using industry leading NRS technology. If you're not familiar with NRS technology it gives molded pads up to 8 times stronger sheer strength vs. conventional molded brake pads and riveted pads. NRS technology also helps in reducing noise and vibration of the brake pad inside the caliper as well as aiding in longer wearing pads. We use NRS technology on all C6 & C5 front and rear brake pads.

Here is a link to explain further what NRS technology is exactly: http://www.nrsbrakes.com

Here is a step by step install procedure
http://www.101corvetteprojects.com/2...rvette-c6-z06/

F: $275 R: $233
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28

Get notified of new replies

To One or Two pice Brake Pads ????

Quick Reply: One or Two pice Brake Pads ????