C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Vitesse Throttle Controller Easy to do and Very happy with results

Old 02-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Warship2k15
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16
Default Just installed Vitesse Throttle Controller Easy to do and Very happy with results

Just installed Vitesse controller.Easy to do and I like the adjustability.I personally think it's a good upgrade to any car.

You can turn it down for someone who isn't used to the car or bad conditions and turn it up to whatever throttle response you want.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

I have yet read a negative review, all positive.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:49 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Some confusion about this throttle controller. It can't/doesn't ad HP correct ? It doesn't increase performance in any respect correct ?? Research seems to say that under absolute full throttle conditions the controller is a mute point, is this correct. So it seems as though it is installed just for the fact of not having to press the throttle pedal as far as normal to go zoom ? I watched a video of someone who installed it and it appears to create the illusion of the car being quicker cause the you go zoom-zoom faster with less pedal travel. Is how far one has to press the pedal really an issue with these cars ??.....just curious.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,182 Likes on 2,132 Posts

All it does is reduce/eliminate the reaction time of you pressing the gas pedal and the throttle reacting to it.

It does NOT make the car faster. It's basically giving you a lead foot without actually having a lead foot.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,182 Likes on 2,132 Posts

Btw. I only heard of negative reviews but it seems like its mostly user error. Only issue I might be concerned about is remember back then when those lexus's or was it the Camry? That the throttle got stuck open?? And the car crashed and the family knside died or something? Idk i feel like that's just another thing that could fail or go wrong.

I do wanna do this mod though but idk.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Warship2k15
Racer

St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by windyC6
Some confusion about this throttle controller. It can't/doesn't ad HP correct ? It doesn't increase performance in any respect correct ?? Research seems to say that under absolute full throttle conditions the controller is a mute point, is this correct. So it seems as though it is installed just for the fact of not having to press the throttle pedal as far as normal to go zoom ? I watched a video of someone who installed it and it appears to create the illusion of the car being quicker cause the you go zoom-zoom faster with less pedal travel. Is how far one has to press the pedal really an issue with these cars ??.....just curious.
It does not improve hp.But it does make the throttle respond quicker and to different levels.

An example would be if on the street you and a friend that had the exact same cars and you had the Vitesse and had it turned up then if you both floored it at the same time you would get a jump on him.Because it took out the lag.

Now is the et going to be better Prob not much of a difference.Because then both cars have already responded by the time they brake the beams.

Also if you had it turned up and hit the throttle 1/4 way down the throttle blades open more so the car feels a lot more responsive.

So hp increase NO.
Throttle response increase with variable opening rates.YES!

Last edited by Warship2k15; 02-05-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
Apparently, it removes the lag, which is very noticeable in the C6 in comparison with cars from years ago, where the gas pedal was connected to the carb via steel linkage and response was instant.

Throttle response:

Old cars - normal

C6 - not normal

TC - returns C6 to normal
The following 2 users liked this post by Bruze:
d e robberts (02-06-2016), TheLadyC6 (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 06:19 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Btw. I only heard of negative reviews but it seems like its mostly user error. Only issue I might be concerned about is remember back then when those lexus's or was it the Camry? That the throttle got stuck open?? And the car crashed and the family knside died or something? Idk i feel like that's just another thing that could fail or go wrong.

I do wanna do this mod though but idk.
I'm still skeptical about this mod because of the fact there is no HP benefits. Wouldn't a good tune give you the much needed throttle response plus HP? And hook up a set of headers for another 25 to 30 more HP and it seems like a no brainier. Yeah I know, more expensive but definitely worth it in my opinion.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
Apparently, it removes the lag, which is very noticeable in the C6 in comparison with cars from years ago, where the gas pedal was connected to the carb via steel linkage and response was instant.

Throttle response:

Old cars - normal

C6 - not normal

I think Bruze said it succinctly. A "crisp" feel to the throttle is all you get.

btw - I have one and improves the car, IMHO.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:38 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
I'm still skeptical about this mod because of the fact there is no HP benefits. Wouldn't a good tune give you the much needed throttle response plus HP? And hook up a set of headers for another 25 to 30 more HP and it seems like a no brainier. Yeah I know, more expensive but definitely worth it in my opinion.
NO.... Not to the point that the VTC does..... I had a great tune but still had lag in my SC LS2 with 544rwhp.....

After installing the VTC the throttle was perfect at SP5 +-

Ive installed it on my new to me GS2010 last week and it woke the car up and no more lag... . .
that should get me by for a while until I do some other mods once I recover from the accident I recently had that totaled my SC LS2( no it wasn't my fault I got rear ended in stopped traffic. the guy hit me at 65+mph and totaled the car after I had just put 12k into it)
Old 02-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Guys it's always the same people that are skeptical

If you don't believe it works don't buy it but from the many many many reviews it does something and it does that something good

What it does is remove the terrible throttle lag that a C6 has and no you just can't push the pedal harder .....

The combination of more throttle and the transmission being in a lower gear makes the car so much more enjoyable to drive

And yes you can "tune" out the lag but then you are stuck with just one throttle setting that you might not like

With the controller there are many settings that u can use

sp9 will blow the tires off , sp0 is the equivalent to stock and then you have several economy settings

I have mine set to sp6 which is a good balance of removing the lag without blowing the tires off of it when I mash it

Non believers ....it works .... just ask the hundreds of owners that have installed it

Dave
Old 02-05-2016, 08:31 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 482 Posts

What they said above sums up my experience over the last 5 or so months. I really like what it does and how it does it and ease of installation.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Warship2k15
Racer

St. Jude Donor '16

I was a skeptic before I added it.

In fact I will tell you I was still skeptical driving it until I went up to sp4 and above. Then the lack of lag is what changed my mind.
I think you can only understand it fully by driving a car equipped with it and seeing for yourself.

If it just opened the blades further and still had the lag I would pull it off and sell it and chalk it up to hype.But the change in lag time and adjustability is why I plan on keeping it.

Also I like many of you thought what lag until I tried it.

I am not in any way trying to push this product.Just telling you my own experience.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Stop thinking about it as throttle response and look at it like this;
These numbers are just an example, they might not be 100% accurate but you will get the idea. (I hope).
Stock
Pedal position 25% 50% 75% 100%
Throttle position 15% 35% 60% 100%

VTC (I use SP 5-6, these are real world verified #'s)
Pedal position 25% 50% 75% 100%
Throttle position 27% 53% 78% 100%

It makes the throttle more linear, it will react just like a cable throttle system with a 1:1 ratio.
The following 3 users liked this post by Patsgarage:
BigMonkey73 (03-03-2016), Shift Point (08-09-2017), Vegas1500 (02-06-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 10:32 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Throttle response:

Old cars - normal

C6 - not normal

So Bruze, when are you going to buy your TC?
Old 02-05-2016, 10:42 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Probably the same time you get yours.... why don't you 2 just get it and stop bickering with each other.... maybe you 2 can get together and help each other install them...LOLOLOLOLO just bustin *****...

and it looks like you too aren't too far from each other ... you could make a weekend out of it...
maybe invite others to come over and all install them together ...LOLOLOL
And you can all bbq some cow(burgers,steaks) together .....LOL I said a pun...

Last edited by ptroxx; 02-05-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

See below.

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Probably the same time you get yours.... why don't you 2 just get it and stop bickering with each other.... maybe you 2 can get together and help each other install them...LOLOLOLOLO just bustin *****...

and it looks like you too aren't too far from each other ... you could make a weekend out of it...
maybe invite others to come over and all install them together ...LOLOLOL
And you can all bbq some cow(burgers,steaks) together .....LOL I said a pun...
It was me and NSF that were "bickering." He promised to buy me one then welched out.

My car is in hibernation for two more months, so he's got plenty of time to apologize and send it.

Seems to me this item is a no-brainer if you want a car that acts normal.

Billy (the white) Boy: You're somewhere in SE Penna, right?

Get notified of new replies

To Just installed Vitesse Throttle Controller Easy to do and Very happy with results

Old 02-05-2016, 11:43 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

See below.

It was me and NSF that were "bickering." He promised to buy me one then welched out.

My car is in hibernation for two more months, so he's got plenty of time to apologize and send it.

Seems to me this item is a no-brainer if you want a car that acts normal.

Billy (the white) Boy: You're somewhere in SE Penna, right?
Oh that's right,,,,,, but still you and billy can still have a GTG and install your TC together ...LOL If I was closer id come help. and I even have a bad back... its not that bad an install.. was a lot easier taking the pedal off this time...

I even had to take it off in the side of the road when the one on my SC LS2 went bad.... I think im one of the only ones that had a bad one... it was fine for a while.. but when I was 3.5 hours from home it went bad ... got reduced power,, plugged in my scan tool and googled the code and figured out it was the VTC ,,,, disconnected it and all was good.... but the next week my baby was totaled ...
Man I miss that car... But my new to me GS will be bigger and better ,,,
Old 02-06-2016, 08:50 AM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Sp9 baby ya !!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Warship2k15
Racer

St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by choppychop
Sp9 baby ya !!
That's what I have mine set too!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed Vitesse Throttle Controller Easy to do and Very happy with results