C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3lz/3lt Interior Redo? Custom Interior Stitching?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 10:24 AM
MTBSully
Melting Slicks

Received 649 Likes on 328 Posts

Default 3lz/3lt Interior Redo? Custom Interior Stitching?

Found a good deal on a 3lz z06, but I am not sure how I feel about the two tone 3lz interior like this:

Would prefer the 3lz with the charcoal leather. Anyone had a custom stitched dash done? Maybe just swapped the cream leather out for charcoal? Obviously would be done at a professional interior shop
Old 02-07-2016, 11:02 AM
corvette-kyle
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Check out Down South Vettes
Old 02-07-2016, 01:24 PM
91RS
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It would be costly to do it with new GM parts because you'd need the instrument panel, both door panels, console lid, and seat covers. Possibly one of the high end scrap yards like fparts or Cleveland PAP could sell you all the parts in one place but could still be costly. Only other option would be finding a trim shop to reupholster the parts you have (which doesn't seem easy to find, I'm trying to find someone to do the steering wheel for my STS-V in suede). I'd love to change the instrument panel for the 4LT one in my GS.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:08 PM
beamg5
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm of the mind that there are simply too many pre-owned Z06's available for you to have to settle for something you are not pleased with.

I'm not a fan of the two-tone interiors either and would simply wait to find a "vette" that suits you to a "tee," rather than compromising -or- having to spend a lot of money, which you'll never recoup, so as to change the existing interior.

Either way, good luck on your hunt for the right car !!

Gary
Old 02-08-2016, 06:59 AM
91RS
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah and its money you'll never get back. I bought a base 1SS Trailblazer SS (cloth seats, etc) and spend a bunch of money and time converting it into a 3SS. All that money I spent doing that could have bought me a truck that was already a 3SS and probably also a year or two newer. If you're wanting to go custom colors and whatnot then you won't have a choice but to have it done but just keep in mind the car won't be worth any more money.

Last edited by 91RS; 02-08-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:24 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Other owners have done the swap-out here on CF, whether or not its worth doing is another thing. I seem to recall two owners swapping out for each other's interiors a while back.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:24 AM
PAULEB07
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 226 Posts

I have the same interior. Different is no nag and mine is a manual. I like it. Wear it down and when ready bring it to an upholsterer and have it redone. I wouldn't spend the $$$. All that money you spend doing that, you could buy one the way you want probably also a year or two newer.

Get notified of new replies

To 3lz/3lt Interior Redo? Custom Interior Stitching?

Quick Reply: 3lz/3lt Interior Redo? Custom Interior Stitching?