C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 03:19 PM
kssod
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 maintenance

I have a 07 GQ with 12k miles. New tires last year, SS run flats, oil changed every year. Also have had clutch, and brake fluid drained and replaced in 2014. Coolant drained and filled last year.
All done at a dealer by a "corvette tech" along with a visual inspection and tightening of Corsa mufflers.

The dealer truly messed up the tires, installed the wrong ones, SS non run flats on the rear, and AS3 on the front! Thus will not be going back.

What other preventative service needs to be done with such low mileage, but 9 years of age? Belts and hoses? Tranny, differential? Open to suggestions, and also Cleveland area dealer for service, Tim Lally maybe?
Old 02-21-2016, 03:58 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

I'm not sure that I would do anything else that was not covered, but want to make sure that the hoses are flexible and not hard by giving them a squeeze and noting any weak spots. Hoses usually fail right after the joint at attachment points.
BTY, you coolant was a little everdue, the norm for dex-cool is 5 years.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Rogers 07
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

12,000 on an 07, Wow, I just don't understand that kind of thing. (Not saying its bad, I just don't get it) My 07 has 130,000+ on it and gets more every day! It's the most fun car I've ever owned !! Other than normal maintenance items, such as oil/filter changes every 6-7k, tires, batteries, brakes, belts, all scheduled fluid changes, spark plugs, etc the only repairs have been 1 fuel level sensor (Warranty work) one starter motor at 110,000 and I just replaced the radiator due to a small crack in one of the tubes. It runs like a champ and still gets 29+ MPG at 70MPH.
Of course, its not perfect now by any means, The passenger side visor cover broke off a long time ago! It has road chips as you would expect in the paint, and the XM radio contract expired a long time ago I have owned it since new and can account for every smile delivering mile on it. I look forward to driving it every day, I get a little disappointed when my wife wants us to take the SUV to the grocery store etc, I understand it, but I don't like it Any way, good luck with your car, take care of it like the service manual says at a minimum, Then just enjoy it, (In your case more than you have been)
Old 02-21-2016, 07:45 PM
jlbsam
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogers 07
12,000 on an 07, Wow, I just don't understand that kind of thing. (Not saying its bad, I just don't get it) My 07 has 130,000+ on it and gets more every day! It's the most fun car I've ever owned !! Other than normal maintenance items, such as oil/filter changes every 6-7k, tires, batteries, brakes, belts, all scheduled fluid changes, spark plugs, etc the only repairs have been 1 fuel level sensor (Warranty work) one starter motor at 110,000 and I just replaced the radiator due to a small crack in one of the tubes. It runs like a champ and still gets 29+ MPG at 70MPH.
Of course, its not perfect now by any means, The passenger side visor cover broke off a long time ago! It has road chips as you would expect in the paint, and the XM radio contract expired a long time ago I have owned it since new and can account for every smile delivering mile on it. I look forward to driving it every day, I get a little disappointed when my wife wants us to take the SUV to the grocery store etc, I understand it, but I don't like it Any way, good luck with your car, take care of it like the service manual says at a minimum, Then just enjoy it, (In your case more than you have been)
Have you ever replace the sway bar end links and the shocks?
Old 02-21-2016, 09:40 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

You already have most of it handled. Diff fluid should be replaced (easy DIY). If the car clunks over bumps, replace the end links (easy DIY). Air filters (2) and cabin filter. Take a looks at the belts to make sure they are not cracking (probably fine).
Most important thing you can do for that car is to put some miles on it.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:49 AM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Maybe replace the differential fluid as some Vettes had clutch pack chatter from the fluid they were putting in it back then. I would'nt worry about the transmission fluid until 30,000 miles. With that mileage your end links shoud be fine unless they are dry rotted. My guess is it's not likely. Inspecting the coolant hoses and accessory belts is a good idea.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:53 AM
Rogers 07
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jlbsam
Have you ever replace the sway bar end links and the shocks?
I replaced the sway bar ends with spherical rod ends just because I had them available, the shocks are still the factory Z51 units, they still work fine, no issues with them at all.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:48 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

At 12K miles on a 9 year old car, it's been over-maintained and under-driven. You might as well drive it at the same rate until something breaks, which might not happen in your lifetime.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by kssod
I have a 07 GQ with 12k miles. New tires last year, SS run flats, oil changed every year. Also have had clutch, and brake fluid drained and replaced in 2014. Coolant drained and filled last year.
All done at a dealer by a "corvette tech" along with a visual inspection and tightening of Corsa mufflers.

The dealer truly messed up the tires, installed the wrong ones, SS non run flats on the rear, and AS3 on the front! Thus will not be going back.

What other preventative service needs to be done with such low mileage, but 9 years of age? Belts and hoses? Tranny, differential? Open to suggestions, and also Cleveland area dealer for service, Tim Lally maybe?
I think I would go back just one more time brother.

Get notified of new replies

To 07 maintenance

Quick Reply: 07 maintenance