C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake pad clips possibly rubbing rotor

Old 02-28-2016, 08:54 PM
ricarr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pad clips possibly rubbing rotor

Put new GM ceramics on 2005 C6...installed the new clips (which fit in the bracket which holds the pads and the pad nubs fit into the clips)....sounds like one of the clips may be rubbing against the rotor (right rear wheel)....I dont think its on the machined face of the rotor but possibly the outside edge of the rotor...looks like super tight tolerance with the clips in the bracket...any ideas? Thanks
Old 02-28-2016, 08:59 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I would just remove the clip and cut it down or you may be able to take a dermal and just grind it down so it does not rub. Although if it's properly installed it should not rub. Remove it and reinstall it to check its correctly installed.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:37 PM
ricarr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by okie08vette
I would just remove the clip and cut it down or you may be able to take a dermal and just grind it down so it does not rub. Although if it's properly installed it should not rub. Remove it and reinstall it to check its correctly installed.

Thanks, I have had it apart a few times trying to adjust the clip...maybe I tried to adjust too much and need to replace...or go to the pros...hopefully not
Old 02-28-2016, 10:27 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

You may just have a bad clip, if you have the old ones I would just but that back and see if that does it.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:30 PM
ricarr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by okie08vette
You may just have a bad clip, if you have the old ones I would just but that back and see if that does it.
Another thing I was reading...maybe a rust ring on the rotor making the sound on the new pads??? I know there was some rust on the rotor...inside ring and outside ring. I painted the inside ring but did not address the outside ring...something else to check
Old 02-28-2016, 11:31 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

If those rings are too big I would have the braking surface micro to make sure the rotors should not be replaced also.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:59 PM
joliett
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

I also had to replace those clips on one rear wheel...Found them at Autozone at a reasonable price.
One wheel was rubbing and driving me crazy.

I think these are the clips:
http://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-t...?checkfit=true

Last edited by joliett; 02-29-2016 at 12:09 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Brake pad clips possibly rubbing rotor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake pad clips possibly rubbing rotor