C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Material of 427 Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 08:44 PM
play2win
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Material of 427 Front Lip

Have a 2013 427....front lip has a crack that I no longer can ignore. What is the stock front lip made out of? It is painted like the rest of the car in Night race blue metallic....want it replace it with oem part to match perfectly. Where can I get this? Want to make sure when I have it painted, the material is correct to ensure a match
Old 03-05-2016, 09:53 AM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by play2win
Have a 2013 427....front lip has a crack that I no longer can ignore. What is the stock front lip made out of? It is painted like the rest of the car in Night race blue metallic....want it replace it with oem part to match perfectly. Where can I get this? Want to make sure when I have it painted, the material is correct to ensure a match
The spec sheet says it's carbon fiber. The 427 Anniv model keeps the weave look, all others with this option, such as myself, have the fiber painted black.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:27 AM
play2win
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Appearance

Originally Posted by CO YGOSLOW
The spec sheet says it's carbon fiber. The 427 Anniv model keeps the weave look, all others with this option, such as myself, have the fiber painted black.
Thank you, when you say "weave look", I'm assuming you mean the carbon fiber appearance? Mine is not a weave look or black, it matches the rest of the car. Bought it new off showroom floor, so I have to assume it is absolutely the stock look. So, if I buy a fiberglass one, it will not match than? Any one on here sell the carbon fiber lips? Thanks in advance
Old 03-05-2016, 06:03 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by play2win
Thank you, when you say "weave look", I'm assuming you mean the carbon fiber appearance? Mine is not a weave look or black, it matches the rest of the car. Bought it new off showroom floor, so I have to assume it is absolutely the stock look. So, if I buy a fiberglass one, it will not match than? Any one on here sell the carbon fiber lips? Thanks in advance
I did mean the carbon fiber appearance when saying weave. I was flipping thru pics on the 427 registry, it appears that all non-anniv with the CF pkg have dark colored splitters (probably black). I didn't get thru all the pics, but I don't recall seeing for example a red or yellow 427 with matching colored splitters.

Does your build sheet say your car was built with the CF package? If not it could of been a dealer add-on.

To answer your other question....as long as you paint it, you shouldn't see any difference between a CF or fiberglass splitter.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:34 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Anniversary Edition 427 (like mine) is gray painted cf. Regular 427's look like cf.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Konadog06
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

The above advice is good. If the front spoiler is OEM, it is carbon fiber as mentioned and part of primarily a three piece option shown on your window sticker, "Carbon Fiber Package $2995". The other pieces are found running under your doors. You may be able to see the weave from the bottom side of these.
The GM replacement part number for the front is 19256909 and it list for just over $1000 if you purchase from an online GM vendor. The dealer is likely going to be more.
Most non anniversary edition cars spoilers are painted black.
Bill

Last edited by Konadog06; 03-05-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

How bad of a crack are you talking?

As others have said, that front spoiler is made of carbon fiber and will be extremely expensive to replace. If it's not that big of a crack, it might be more cost effective to have it sanded down and have someone try and epoxy or otherwise repair it then have it repainted.

Get notified of new replies

To Material of 427 Front Lip

Quick Reply: Material of 427 Front Lip