C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 power seat gremlin/blown fuse

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 04:34 AM
OIF2XVET
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2012 power seat gremlin/blown fuse

Hello all, I have done my research on the forum but have not come across this similar issue.

THE PROBLEM. Every time my wife drives the car the driver seat stops working and the memory fuse is blown.

I have never blown the fuse when I drive the car. The only thing I can think of is that every time she drives; even if it is 100 degrees outside she has the seat warmer on.

Is there any known issue with having the seat warmer on while adjusting the seat that would cause it to blow the fuse? I have removed the seat and looked for an striped or crossed wires and have seen nothing.

lastly, I know what the fuses are for but am I completely wrong if I put a 15 watt fuse in v.s. the 10 watt fuse?

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Grimlock13
Melting Slicks

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts

Well you said you looked at the wiring under the seat for cut wires but maybe the problem is in the seat itself (ie. a cut wire touching the frame, shorting it and blowing the fuse). IF that is the case a 15 amp fuse would also blow.

You have to figure out what is different when you drive vs. her to figure out what is blowing the fuse. I would assume that the seat moves forward (and up?) when she gets in? That might move the wires towards the frame.

This is all assumption and kinda "thinking out loud" as the direction I would be looking toward.

Could be the memory module itself when activated but then you would think it would do it again when it moves things back for your settings...
Old 03-15-2016, 10:28 AM
OIF2XVET
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimlock13
Well you said you looked at the wiring under the seat for cut wires but maybe the problem is in the seat itself (ie. a cut wire touching the frame, shorting it and blowing the fuse). IF that is the case a 15 amp fuse would also blow.

You have to figure out what is different when you drive vs. her to figure out what is blowing the fuse. I would assume that the seat moves forward (and up?) when she gets in? That might move the wires towards the frame.

This is all assumption and kinda "thinking out loud" as the direction I would be looking toward.

Could be the memory module itself when activated but then you would think it would do it again when it moves things back for your settings...

Yeah, I am thinking when I get the time I will play with it and see what happens when I adjust the seat with the warmer on.

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 power seat gremlin/blown fuse

Quick Reply: 2012 power seat gremlin/blown fuse