C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little project today

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 09:17 PM
acheman8
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron'sGS
They do in TX. They'll stop you for anything out of place.
Must be your local cops. I've driven mine since brand new in 2012 without a front plate. Never been stopped...
Old 05-06-2016, 12:34 AM
KingJoey
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had three different vettes with no front plate, I drive around DFW all the time, and haven't had an issue with cops yet.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Richard F
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

I got a bracket because in East Texas DPS will stop you pretty quick without one. A few weeks ago I was coming back from Tyler headed to Jacksonville to Bacon Chevy. I had a bracket off my 09 Base model in the trunk with the plate on it, as I had just got a 2011 GS and the bracket wont fit. Wanted to see if Bacon had one. Passed a DPS unit (2Man) driving slowly and waved....I'm retired Law Enforcement and being friendly, thought I might know who it was but didnt... he immediately pulled me over for the "I see you don't have a front license plate"...I got out and explained the situation and even opened the trunk and showed him the plate on the old bracket....and that I'm retired Law Enforcement...He says, be right back with a warning, and went to his unit to write the warning...as he is sitting there, I just happen to notice that his DPS Unit, a Dodge, doesn't have a front license plate....my guess is it probably got ripped off when they jumped thru a median after a speeder which is pretty common.... I could tell the Trooper was a rookie and was riding with a FTO...when he came back and gave me the speal about the warning and I signed off on it, I asked..."How do you like writing tickets for No Front License Plate when your Unit doesn't have a front license plate?'....He turned, looked, looked again, and turned back sort of sheepish and said this is my Corporals Unit, as he walked off back to the Unit....I wish I could have heard the conversation in the Unit when he got back in...ha...

Last edited by Richard F; 05-06-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:40 AM
BigBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I've been ticketed for no front plate. Cost me $35 and the stamp to send the pictures to the court showing I had it "permanently" attached to the front. Dps will hit you for it but that's because they have nothing else better to do with their time but most county and city don't care.

Quick Reply: Little project today