C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 driver door window regulator module full of water

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 03:46 PM
outty
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 driver door window regulator module full of water

Recently had my 2005 C6 coupe detailed and then window regulator module failed and nothing in driver side door would work. Ordered a new module online because it was much cheaper and then took it to the dealer to have installed. When they took the old module out they said old one was full of water. Not sure if this happened during the detail or a recent rain. However, I did have the exact same part replaced about two years ago. They did not mention whether there was water in it at that time. What should I be looking for to make sure this doesn't happen again? Not sure if my door/window is leaking or not draining or what? I asked the dealer when I picked it up and they did not have any answers for me but the water must of gotten in there somehow so I want to fix the problem not just keep replacing the module/window assembly. Any help is much appreciated!
Old 05-06-2016, 06:23 PM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by outty
Recently had my 2005 C6 coupe detailed and then window regulator module failed and nothing in driver side door would work. Ordered a new module online because it was much cheaper and then took it to the dealer to have installed. When they took the old module out they said old one was full of water. Not sure if this happened during the detail or a recent rain. However, I did have the exact same part replaced about two years ago. They did not mention whether there was water in it at that time. What should I be looking for to make sure this doesn't happen again? Not sure if my door/window is leaking or not draining or what? I asked the dealer when I picked it up and they did not have any answers for me but the water must of gotten in there somehow so I want to fix the problem not just keep replacing the module/window assembly. Any help is much appreciated!
Is that a reason why Corvette owners don't drive in the rain ?

In all seriousness that is a weird phenomena. I've never heard of that.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:58 AM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Inspect your window dew wipes. The are the rubber/felt seals at the bottom of your window that attaches to the top part of the door. They should show no signs of cracks or dry rot and should be pressing against the window without any gaps. I suspect it's the outer dew wipe that's letting water in when it rains or the car is washed. If you have to replace the outside one I recommend doing the inside as well.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:03 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette312
Is that a reason why Corvette owners don't drive in the rain ?

In all seriousness that is a weird phenomena. I've never heard of that.
No, this is why we don't let other's wash our cars.

This would where the OP should be looking/pointing fingers.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 driver door window regulator module full of water

Quick Reply: C6 driver door window regulator module full of water