C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no blower no radio sound after new battery installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 05:57 PM
tweetdavidpenn
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no blower no radio sound after new battery installed

Hello All! I did a search and couldn't find anything, this is weird to me. I installed a new battery, the radio comes on and changes but no sound, and the a/c, heat and defrost all show as though they work but none blow any air at all. All were working fine before, and I checked the passenger panel fuses and even changed it just in case it was blown but didn't look blown.....still nada

Any help HUUUUUGELY appreciated.
Thanks, NEWBIE C6 guy....
Old 05-24-2016, 06:11 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

There have been some discussions over the years of various things not working correctly right after a battery change. Several have been resolved by just disconnecting the battery again, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect securely and try the systems again.

Sometimes it seems it's just a timing thing with the disconnect. Doesn't cost anything to try.
The following users liked this post:
tweetdavidpenn (05-25-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 10:15 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Rick's ideas are good.
Also, is the new battery fully charged? A C6 can do really strange things if the battery voltage is low.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:13 AM
tweetdavidpenn
6th Gear

Thanks guys! I tried last night, removing battery cables for 2 hours. So far, still no radio and no blowing, but I may try again. Battery voltage is in the sweet spot according to the Dashboard computer.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:20 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tweetdavidpenn
Thanks guys! I tried last night, removing battery cables for 2 hours. So far, still no radio and no blowing, but I may try again. Battery voltage is in the sweet spot according to the Dashboard computer.
I took my C6 about a month ago too and I had a dead battery. I have no blowing either along with my tilt and my powerseat doesn't move forward and backwards.....It's too hot to drive it without AC when it gets summer, so she will sit until I can save up enough to have it fixed.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:22 PM
tweetdavidpenn
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
Rick's ideas are good.
Also, is the new battery fully charged? A C6 can do really strange things if the battery voltage is low.
Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
I took my C6 about a month ago too and I had a dead battery. I have no blowing either along with my tilt and my powerseat doesn't move forward and backwards.....It's too hot to drive it without AC when it gets summer, so she will sit until I can save up enough to have it fixed.
Hmmmm, well Mr. Nubian, we're in the same boat it sounds like - some kind of a monor glitch here, I would think? Perhaps a different fuse than the the one I changed under the passenger panel? There must be something to do, here.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by tweetdavidpenn
Hmmmm, well Mr. Nubian, we're in the same boat it sounds like - some kind of a monor glitch here, I would think? Perhaps a different fuse than the the one I changed under the passenger panel? There must be something to do, here.
Hi tweetdavidpenn,

We’re sorry to hear you are having difficulty with the radio and blower in your Corvette. We understand you may be seeking advice from other forum users, but if you would like an additional layer of support, please feel free to reach out to us by private message.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
tweetdavidpenn (06-06-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 02:56 PM
biker1059
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I'll bet if you charge the battery everything will come back. No matter what the voltage meter says on the dash. As mentioned above, Vettes are very sensitive to voltage.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:12 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I agree with Rick...try reconnecting it after fully charging the battery. I think that when connecting a battery, there is a tendency to allow the connector to connect and then disconnect a few times rapidly as the connector is pushed onto the battery...this could certainly affect the computer systems. Pull the connector and then simply place it on the battery solidly once and try that.

As far as the DIC voltage, that is with engine running...meaningless in this case. You need full 12.8 with the engine off and measured at the battery itself...this is when computers boot, not when the engine is running.

Last edited by cclive; 05-25-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:29 AM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

The DIC is telling you what your charging system is putting out. It does not tell you the charge on your battery. As noted above, make sure it is fully charged. You may have bought a battery that had been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

Last edited by HBsurfer; 05-26-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:15 PM
tweetdavidpenn
6th Gear

My Issue conitunues....a quick recap: Hello All! I did a search and couldn't find anything, this is weird to me. I installed a new battery, the radio comes on and changes but no sound, and the a/c, heat and defrost all show as though they work but none blow any air at all. All were working fine before, and I checked the passenger panel fuses and even changed it just in case it was blown but didn't look blown.....still nada

I charged the battery, to no avail. still no sound from the radio, and worse, no blower activity from the AC or heater. Would it make sense to contact the battery manufacturer before taking it to a shop? Mr. Nubian, have you had any luck on your end?
Thanks everyone!!!

Get notified of new replies

To no blower no radio sound after new battery installed

Quick Reply: no blower no radio sound after new battery installed