C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash rattles

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 09:51 PM
ontime
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Dash rattles

I have a '13 GS and when driving over some less than ideal roads I get this constant vibrating rattle. it cones right from the cluster area. I would have gone to the dealer as it is still under warranty but decided to find and fix myself. It turns out to be the plastic duct that follows the dash pad contour. I was able to isolate using foam placed in different areas and made it go away. I did remove the bezel first then when that didn't work I removed the gauge assembly and there it was. I eliminated the roof noises this weekend also by lubing the seals and tightening one of the studs. Not a bad weekend. you wouldn't think this stuff would need attention with 12k miles but it is plastic.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:10 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,239 Likes on 910 Posts

It is always better when you fix it yourself.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:29 AM
airmed2
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 190 Posts

Oh how I hate rattles. I got so pissed off one day when driving my VW Rabbit years ago, that while sitting at a stop like and seeing the gear shift vibrate like a Western Diamondback, I slammed my fist down on it so hard, that I shoved the whole shifter through the floor. My wife looked at me and shook her head saying, "Well, I guess you fixed the noise, didn't you."

The rest of that drive was very interesting....

Get notified of new replies

To Dash rattles

Quick Reply: Dash rattles