C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 TVS 2300 slower than LS2 Maggie 112 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 12:23 AM
dllhg
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts
Default LS3 TVS 2300 slower than LS2 Maggie 112 ?

This seems strange to me. I know there are a lot of factors but I still am a little puzzled by this.

** 06 has an Ls2, with ported stock heads, mild cam, headers, Maggie 112 blower at 10 PSI and 315 gears.

** 2012 has LS3, headers, TVS 2300 @ 6-7 PSI I believe. Stock pulley anyway.

Pulls great down low but any kind of roll from 45 up and it feels like a slug compared to my LS2. Even with stock boost I would have thought the TVS 2300 would be atleast as fast. He said it dynoed 526 WHP through the stock A6. It has an Eforce 599 blower on it. That is a 2300 isnt it ?

The 112 setup dynoed low 500s on 6-7 PSI so I would assume it is in the 550-570 WHP range at 10 PSI. That car felt faster even at the lower boost setting.

Wondering if possibly it is a slipping belt or something. Could the gears make it feel that different ? Just doesn.t seem right. :dunno:

Last edited by dllhg; 06-27-2016 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 AM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 150 Posts

Cam and heads with those gears will probably give a substantial feel of power as opposed to the LS3 you described. I have a GS with a Magnacharger at 8psi - a similar setup. My car is VERY docile while cruising and exhibits no real feel of power unless the go pedal is liberally applied. When engaged, my GS is a total beast and the ZR-1 sized Michelins start fighting vigorously to hold on to the road. All my previous Vettes were max-effort cam cars and had the feel and visceral thrill while cruising and were just super load screamers under full throttle. But, none of them were violent. My current GS is like a Caddy until gassed - very violent in response under boost.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:04 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Both are Eaton TVS-2300 rotor assemblies,

So the question comes down to how hard they are being turned (IE, SC top pulley and HB pulley sizes), then the tune next.

Hence both can have a 3.25" top pulley, but if there is a under or over drive pulley on the HB, it going to make a huge difference.

And as stated, the next is the tune, or better yet how conservation the tune is, and how much of the TM is being left in place. I bring this up, since both could be tuned the same, but his TM may be restricting more power to the ground than the Ls-2's tune instead.
Note, Torque management hobbling is huge on most can tunes (Eforces flashed can tune), and even worse with the C7 ZO6 OEM GM tune as well.

Myself, the TVS-2300 is good for 650HP on either a LS2 or 3 (read stock motor), and you just need to run a meth kit to keep them from being coming heat pumps, margin of safety in regards to the needed octane rating, and so the motor is putting out full power hit after hit.

As for hobbling in the TM, screw that and if you are going to have this kind of power on tap, then you better have enough talent to use wisely instead. So no TM hobbling, the throttle map reworked to get it crisp and quick without delays (yes, dam near linear with pedal to TB rate openings), and this allow you to break the back end loose when every need to to correct a line instead.

So to sum it up, get your hand of both tune files, and if nothing else, take a good look at the TM tables.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:20 PM
dllhg
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Even once pinned 100% it just doesn't pull as hard.

I have HPT and I might have 2 more credits to play with the new Vette. I have the old Vette I can look at.

The pedal on this one at certain speeds is crazy. Sometimes it is cruising in 4th or 5th and you slowly give gas to a good 50% and it doesnt downshift. Manually shifting helps a lot. I think this thing needs a trans tune bad.

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 TVS 2300 slower than LS2 Maggie 112 ?

Quick Reply: LS3 TVS 2300 slower than LS2 Maggie 112 ?