C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any owner of a C6 after driving a C7 find....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 09:46 PM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by golfbone
EVerything. The power, the ride, the handling, the MPG, the interior, the quiet from the convertible roof, the dash display. There is no aspect of the car that hasn't been significantly upgraded. I loved my C6's but they are not nearly as refined or capable as the C7 and that's just what it is. I can understand why someone who has a C6 would love it and be loyal to it but once you own a C7 you are not going to say the C6 is comparable unless you are somehow bent by some personal nostalgic prism that twists your appreciation of the cars. The C7 is a significant upgrade in every appreciable way.
From a strictly road course experience the C6 GS manual is a more capable car than the C7 Z51. One of the big improvements in handling for the C7 came from the tires. The C7 uses Michelin PSS's. I have driven the C7 on several occasions over several long days on road courses. Lot's of miles going through multiple sets of tires. The C7 is a very capable performer but if you're looking for a more dedicated track experience without going to a Z06 the Manual GS coupe is a winner. Add some Michelin PSS's with a little negative camber and you will be able to hang with an incredibly large assortment of track cars.

Last edited by Cyber Greg; 09-20-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:55 AM
dllhg
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

I could get a new Z07 if I wanted to today. Personally I just cant get over how they FUBAR the rear tail lights. The rest of the car I actually like the styling quite a bit. I was very tempted especially with the performances you get right out of the box.

Found this instead. Was a little less money and just bridged the gap on the c6-c7 for me. Ultra widebody and super rare. ZR1 Power to match. No comparison in looks dept IMO and I would hardly say "dated". True it doesn't look like its from the year 2050 like the new C7 but certainly modern looking. I'm good for now.....

Last edited by dllhg; 09-21-2016 at 03:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BrknWndC6 (09-21-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by dllhg
I could get a new Z07 if I wanted to today. Personally I just cant get over how they FUBAR the rear tail lights. The rest of the car I actually like the styling quite a bit. I was very tempted especially with the performances you get right out of the box.

Found this instead. Was a little less money and just bridged the gap on the c6-c7 for me. Ultra widebody and super rare. ZR1 Power to match. No comparison in looks dept IMO and I would hardly say "dated". True it doesn't look like its from the year 2050 like the new C7 but certainly modern looking. I'm good for now.....

winner winner chicken dinner
NSF
The following users liked this post:
BrknWndC6 (09-21-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 11:15 AM
BrknWndC6
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
Theres always the people that are gonna have to have the latest and greatest of everything. Corvettes included. And no matter whether the new model is actually better or not, they will continue to call it an upgrade. Just like you hear many in this forum state that they "upgraded" to a GS model. If a persons ride is kept up in good order and taken care of there is no such thing as an upgrade as all Corvettes are something special. I'd rather have a well kept C-6 than a ratted out C-7 any day....but just what the heck do I know....LOL
Nicely said my friend!
Old 09-21-2016, 11:16 AM
BrknWndC6
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

This is a sweet ride

i could get a new z07 if i wanted to today. Personally i just cant get over how they fubar the rear tail lights. The rest of the car i actually like the styling quite a bit. I was very tempted especially with the performances you get right out of the box.

Found this instead. Was a little less money and just bridged the gap on the c6-c7 for me. Ultra widebody and super rare. Zr1 power to match. No comparison in looks dept imo and i would hardly say "dated". True it doesn't look like its from the year 2050 like the new c7 but certainly modern looking. I'm good for now.....

Old 09-21-2016, 09:58 PM
Binh360
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
I love them both. The c6 is more raw, pure performance... but the c7 satisfies my racer side while also indulging my taste for luxury.

I would say the c6 is goal oriented while the c7 is more of a compromise.
Wow you took the words right out of my mouth! Love my C6 GS but I haven't driven it since I got my C7 Z.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:16 PM
z06vettewannabe
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 67 Posts

I like the C7 Stingray, but I don't LOVE the C7 Stingray. I LOVE my ZR1! I really like the C7 Z06 but since it performs about the same as my ZR1 (in a straight line) I just can't justify the extra expense. Maybe when used prices come down a bit more. In my opinion the C6 is such a classic design and for me at least, the C6 widebody Vettes are absolutely some of the baddest looking cars on the road, period. I see a C7 and I think "Nice car", but it just doesn't have that, I don't know......."it" factor, that something that gives me a visceral reaction when I see it. I still look at my car almost every night before going to bed....I know, crazy. I know the C7 is a "better" car in a lot of ways, but I just don't care. Bottom line, if a dealer offered me a straight up trade on the most loaded Stingray possible, I wouldn't even think about it....no way.....now if it was a Z06 or a Grand Sport.......that's a different story.

Last edited by z06vettewannabe; 09-21-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:20 PM
z06vettewannabe
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 67 Posts

Holy crap that's badass!
Old 09-22-2016, 02:27 AM
dllhg
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by z06vettewannabe
I still look at my car almost every night before going to bed....I know, crazy.
No not crazy, I do the same thing every night lol Of course I havent had it that long but still seems totally normal to say goodnight to my son, then my wife , then the car.

Last edited by dllhg; 09-22-2016 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:55 AM
NJ_phil
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

No not crazy, I do the same thing every night lol Of course I havent had it that long but still seems totally normal to say goodnight to my son, then my wife , then the car.
I bought a new car back in the 80s and loved that "new car smell" everytime I got into it. Now I love that new Chinese plastic and faux leather smell of my new vette.

Quick Reply: Any owner of a C6 after driving a C7 find....