C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help I need power!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 10:51 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
I think it's funny that whenever a young guy makes a thread, all the old grandpas get all offended that he can afford the same car that probably took them 50 years to get. They always give the original poster an attitude and rarely answer the question they ask. Relax guys this isn't an English class and he wasn't being a dick about anything.

That said, yes power is not cheap and doing it the right way is usually very expensive BUT it may just save you a blown motor later down the road. Also at 17 I would be in trouble if I had a bolt on LS2. I managed to get in enough trouble with a 1988 Camaro with 160hp. Be careful and respect the car.

To any of the cranky old guys I offended, don't bother responding to me. I won't engage you in some lame internet argument. I don't care if I hurt your feelings. Go play bingo.

Hahaha thanks man and trust me I don't give two sh*** I'm talking smack to them to but hey I'm loving my life 17 and a 2007 manual convertible corvette 3lt and thanks bro I learned my lesson trust me if my father didn't make me into a car nut. I wouldn't have the vette anymore thanks for the backing up funny how the People who were talking smack are 50+ and I also made that thread in 3 minutes and my damn iPhone has autocorrect . Thanks again man have fun with you're vette cause I am:***** :

Btw they wouldn't say anything to me if we met in person
Old 08-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by CammedC6520
I'm definitely comfortable with the way my car is now. After mods then that's a diff story.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:56 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
Interesting, you talked about "old grandpa's giving attitude" but it's Ok for you to give attitude to them.
Well Mike he wasn't talking about you, you were the friendly guy and you have helped me on many forums, thanks for that. But these other old or senior citizen what ever way they like to be called. Started talking trash when all I asked was for help. But it's ok I'm 17 they're 60 with a corvette and probably take pills to have more testosterone.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Well Mike he wasn't talking about you, you were the friendly guy and you have helped me on many forums, thanks for that. But these other old or senior citizen what ever way they like to be called. Started talking trash when all I asked was for help. But it's ok I'm 17 they're 60 with a corvette and probably take pills to have more testosterone.
I know he wasn't, but thought the words he used were interesting.

Let us know how your mods come along, but the next set of mods becomes more expensive, i.e. cam and heads or even boosted. One mod affects another and before you know it you plotting down some good cash. There's really no such thing as cheap, safe HP.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:43 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
I know he wasn't, but thought the words he used were interesting.

Let us know how your mods come along, but the next set of mods becomes more expensive, i.e. cam and heads or even boosted. One mod affects another and before you know it you plotting down some good cash. There's really no such thing as cheap, safe HP.
Yeah I have been thinking more and more in going to wait for the serious mods so my car is in a safe zone I'm going to go with this Full z06 exhaust , vararam Intake, fast 102 102 throttle body 160 thermostats and a tune I'll be happy if I make 400+ hp and torque to the wheels once I'm out of high school oh man **** gets real head and can and a twin turbo. Thanks Mike for the info I'll go the safe way
Old 08-04-2016, 12:05 PM
unclecookie
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 146 Posts

Up to this point I haven't responded to your request for help. I agree with others that you were not talking "trash", only asking for opinions on possible mods for your car. But with this quote from you, you are now starting to talk trash about senior citizens probably "taking pills to have more testosterone". At 68 years old I kind of resent that statement, so please try to stay on subject. JMHO

The comments about punctuation were posted only because it is so much easier to understand what your request is if you use a simple "period" to end your sentences. It's really not too much to ask for, and will get you more honest responses.

Good luck with your mods
Old 08-04-2016, 01:05 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by unclecookie
Up to this point I haven't responded to your request for help. I agree with others that you were not talking "trash", only asking for opinions on possible mods for your car. But with this quote from you, you are now starting to talk trash about senior citizens probably "taking pills to have more testosterone". At 68 years old I kind of resent that statement, so please try to stay on subject. JMHO

The comments about punctuation were posted only because it is so much easier to understand what your request is if you use a simple "period" to end your sentences. It's really not too much to ask for, and will get you more honest responses.

Good luck with your mods

Well done buddy
Old 08-04-2016, 01:43 PM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

It's not cheap when you do it the right way for these cars.

I would think talking to some places that make cams to spec would be a nice start. then you can decide if heads are also needed. But..it's a slippery slope. One you start with performance mods, it sort of never will end.

Just know that it's going to get a little expensive. But OH it's worth every penny when done right!
Old 08-04-2016, 04:01 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by bhoch
It's not cheap when you do it the right way for these cars.

I would think talking to some places that make cams to spec would be a nice start. then you can decide if heads are also needed. But..it's a slippery slope. One you start with performance mods, it sort of never will end.

Just know that it's going to get a little expensive. But OH it's worth every penny when done right!

Haha thanks and I know it will be worth every penny
Old 08-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Dub Mc
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Just don't get yourself uninsurable.. It's great to have a car like you have at 17 and would be a shame to have insurance stop you from driving it.. Talking to you like a grandson because I'm 66 and take no pills of any kind.. You started out like a nice young man so don't mess it up by not ending like one.. Enjoy the car and be careful while enjoying the Chevy.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:20 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Regardless of who started talking trash first, when you throw it back to include a whole age group segment, you lose the respect to get answers from the people with the most experience. We've all been 17 before and most of us accepted the wisdom of our elders, except our parents of course.

Just for reference, I'm just days away from turning 75, but still run high 10's with my low budget LS3 bolt-on. When I was 15 I built a Model A street rod with the help of my older cousin and his dad. Because of their experience in racing, my car ran quicker than the best Detroit had to offer. The bottom line is: Never underestimate old guys with Vettes.

Last edited by HOXXOH; 08-04-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:40 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by let er eat
In your case this is gonna be the best bang for your buck...along with a vitesse throttle controller...and a tune
don't need the controller if you get a real tune
Old 08-04-2016, 09:44 PM
tealex
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Lighten up Francis !! Everybody take a deep breath now !!

Last edited by tealex; 08-04-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:52 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Regardless of who started talking trash first, when you throw it back to include a whole age group segment, you lose the respect to get answers from the people with the most experience. We've all been 17 before and most of us accepted the wisdom of our elders, except our parents of course.

Just for reference, I'm just days away from turning 75, but still run high 10's with my low budget LS3 bolt-on. When I was 15 I built a Model A street rod with the help of my older cousin and his dad. Because of their experience in racing, my car ran quicker than the best Detroit had to offer. The bottom line is: Never underestimate old guys with Vettes.
Cool you put it that way, but I honestly don't care what "age group" helps me or not it's a simple trash talk back to another and it shouldent of came out in a bad way I'm more of talk **** to each other have fun if you guys have a problem like how I say I'm sorry and gtfo cause most people I joke with even though they were mad I didn't use periods or my punctuation got a little messy lol this isn't English class if it's to hard for you "people" to ready then don't respond then I don't need a group of *** hats lol never said that before commenting bullishit to me when I'm trying to figure out a couple things.... And if any one got offended Hahahaha oh well who started this and you seem cool don't mean to come off in a bad way but lmao getting elders to be mad at me over a forum is kind of funny and kind of need to grow up.. We all talk **** buddy
Old 08-04-2016, 10:53 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

And that statement wasn't towards you it was to the other old elders who started this
Old 08-04-2016, 10:55 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by tealex
Lighten up Francis !! Everybody take a deep breath now !!
Hahaha Ik man these group of elders talk **** and when I say a few things back jokingly they get all heated. Only reason why I'm replying because I think it's hilarious
Old 08-04-2016, 11:08 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by HOXXOH

Didn't see your last comment. If God does keep me on this earth for awhile trust me my car is going to be a whole lot faster then ten seconds

Get notified of new replies

To I need help I need power!!!

Old 08-04-2016, 11:23 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

lol...funny replies in this thread. obviously the op does not recognize nor appreciate the demographics of this platform. lol
carry on
Old 08-05-2016, 12:13 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
lol...funny replies in this thread. obviously the op does not recognize nor appreciate the demographics of this platform. lol
carry on
Guessing you're an elder? Or which way are you demographically speaking of cause them old timers also have bad punctuation? Oh I'm sorry.... lol
Old 08-05-2016, 12:34 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Guessing you're an elder? Or which way are you demographically speaking of cause them old timers also have bad punctuation? Oh I'm sorry.... lol
yep...i resemble that statement...56 years knowledgeable

Quick Reply: I need help I need power!!!