C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Familyman
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Seat

hope y'all understand this anyone having any trouble with back of drivers seais t on outside edge about kidney level. It feels like metal is about to punch through seat cover kinda like foam has moved or was never over metal
Old 08-28-2016, 04:07 PM
Ramler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 156 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Familyman
hope y'all understand this anyone having any trouble with back of drivers seais t on outside edge about kidney level. It feels like metal is about to punch through seat cover kinda like foam has moved or was never over metal
Depends on what year the car is. Anything older than 2012 I think that is common. My 07 felt like only the leather was covering that part. Also it is very easy to scuff, especially people who wear phones on their belt. The new seats in the 2012 was suppose to fix that. My 13 is good.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:19 AM
Familyman
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by hoganj
Depends on what year the car is. Anything older than 2012 I think that is common. My 07 felt like only the leather was covering that part. Also it is very easy to scuff, especially people who wear phones on their belt. The new seats in the 2012 was suppose to fix that. My 13 is good.
Sorry should have said it's a 13 gs
Old 08-29-2016, 07:29 AM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

Had the same problem. I unzipped the seat back and worked my way around to add a piece of flexible plastic at that point. It was starting to wear through so best to catch it early.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:41 PM
Familyman
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by C6ToGo
Had the same problem. I unzipped the seat back and worked my way around to add a piece of flexible plastic at that point. It was starting to wear through so best to catch it early.
Thanks for reply I can't find a zipper anywhere on seat back does have a slot I can get my hand in but I don't see any way to get that far up without taking seat out which is what I may have to do

Get notified of new replies

To Drivers Seat

Quick Reply: Drivers Seat