C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's seat controls not working, Airbag light on

Old 10-09-2016, 11:36 AM
MattZ28
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Driver's seat controls not working, Airbag light on

Hey all, my dad just picked up his first Corvette yesterday, a 2013 Grand Sport with 16k miles. The only modification to my knowledge is an aftermarket Kenwood head unit.

The red airbag light is on the dash, and the seat controls on the driver's seat do not work. The lumbar adjustments DO work, and the memory adjustments can make the seat go back/forth, but you cannot slide the seat back and forth using the rocker switch on the seat.

I haven't had a chance to look at it since we just finished a 14 hour round trip to pick up the car and I'm dead tired, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction so I know what to look for. I'm going to check under the seat and see what the wiring looks like, but my main concern is, is there anything related to wiring an aftermarket head unit which could cause this?
Old 10-09-2016, 11:47 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

It's unlikely that a head unit has anything to do with the issue. The more times the seat is moved fore and aft, the more likely is damage to the wire harness connectors under the seat. Be sure to disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes before messing with bright yellow airbag connectors anywhere on the car.

Last edited by cclive; 10-09-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:44 PM
MattZ28
Burning Brakes

Ok thanks. It looks like the bumper to bumper warranty expires on Wednesday so he's going to take it to the Chevy dealership tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:20 PM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by cclive
It's unlikely that a head unit has anything to do with the issue. The more times the seat is moved fore and aft, the more likely is damage to the wire harness connectors under the seat. Be sure to disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes before messing with bright yellow airbag connectors anywhere on the car.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

I received a letter from GM about the connections coming loose under the seat from moving it fore and aft. PITA to remove the seat but maybe the stealership will do it since it is involved in a warning notice.
NSF
Old 10-11-2016, 09:26 AM
MattZ28
Burning Brakes

Good thing he took it in - the dealership found that the wiring was damaged and it's being replaced under warranty. Thanks all

Get notified of new replies

To Driver's seat controls not working, Airbag light on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver's seat controls not working, Airbag light on