C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:34 PM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

The itch is real. I might just order a set
Old 03-25-2017, 01:00 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by greatgonzer
The itch is real. I might just order a set
Go ahead, you can do it, "make your corvette headlights great again"

Originally Posted by rkj427
the attachments here should be all you need to remove the headlights, and swap the lenses on your own.................
- hopefully once the lenses land a local yokel will help us with bringing their car in and we'll do a soup to nuts video like our other install videos.

Originally Posted by sandalia91362
I just had my car detailed and the headlights looked like they needed attention. After detailing, now I can see what looks like cracks in the lenses in addition to issues with the lens exposed to outside elements. I had them looked at today and the "cracks" are on the inside so the lenses need to be replaced. It seems that headlight assemblies for a 2007 Vette are no longer made so I am interested in the alternative - replacement lenses. Since I'm a girl and not knowledgeable about installation, can you give me the installation instructions to give to a mechanic so I can see what this will cost (parts purchased from you and replacement by other - unless you want to come to Cali to do replacements)?
We are in Cali So perhaps you would consider being the one person that can drive up locally to do the install?

Originally Posted by IRingTwyce
Ordered and paid!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:05 PM
IRingTwyce
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
Ordered and paid!
Just checked my account on your website. It shows no orders for me and the money I sent is still in my paypal account. Did my order not go through or something?
Old 03-27-2017, 09:10 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

paypal glitches are the reason. if you pay with paypal, the site gets your payment, we get the invoice copy and order copy but it doesn't show in your invoices.

Also, we have only one person from wichita falls, and it's also because you did an eCheck that the payment doesn't show on our end as completed

We're hopefully about 1 week away from announcing the arrival and the beginning of the shipments, but fingers crossed, customs will be a pleasure to work with, we just know it

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 03-27-2017 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:14 PM
IRingTwyce
Advanced

paypal glitches are the reason. if you pay with paypal, the site gets your payment, we get the invoice copy and order copy but it doesn't show in your invoices.

Also, we have only one person from wichita falls, and it's also because you did an eCheck that the payment doesn't show on our end as completed

We're hopefully about 1 week away from announcing the arrival and the beginning of the shipments, but fingers crossed, customs will be a pleasure to work with, we just know it
OK. Thanks for the prompt explanation! Just wanted to make sure the order went through successfully.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:20 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Another headlight set getting updated...

Continuing to make your headlights great again

Photo is sideways, sorry about that.
Attached Images  

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 03-27-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:09 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

General reminder, if you are unfortunate enough to have black sealant - like the above photo - we have to charge more for labor, the removal of this sealant takes nearly 2 additional hours and there is no faster way to do it, sadly.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

General reminder, if you are unfortunate enough to have black sealant - like the above photo - we have to charge more for labor, the removal of this sealant takes nearly 2 additional hours and there is no faster way to do it, sadly.

That's the kind of black sealant I had on mine & yes it takes much longer & labor intensive to remove it, I ended up using my Dremel Tool..
Old 03-28-2017, 09:48 PM
Giamanut
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Is the black sealant unique to any specific years?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:56 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by Giamanut
not necessarily limited to certain years.........can't tell what the color is until you attempt to remove the lens from the housing either.........

may have been different suppliers who originally manufactured the light assemblies initially.................
The following users liked this post:
Giamanut (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 11:46 PM
IRingTwyce
Advanced

If it will make it more difficult or more expensive, I can almost guarantee my '06 has it.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:40 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rkj427
not necessarily limited to certain years.........can't tell what the color is until you attempt to remove the lens from the housing either.........

may have been different suppliers who originally manufactured the light assemblies initially.................
If it will make it more difficult or more expensive, I can almost guarantee my '06 has it.
We're in the middle of doing a headlight now that is black, it's taking 3 hours longer than the one with the grey/silver style glue.

Both headlights have the same markings on the side and 0 obvious information (at least to us) about the date/time of production.

If someone can give us some insight into which lights show any specifics (if they do) that would assist everyone.

Below are 3 photos:
1 showing the markings on the side of the headlight
2 showing a BMW headlight that shows markings on when it was built
3 showing a headlight we're currently working on it.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:01 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

3 updates:
1) Our installer believes you can tell ahead of time, before shipping the headlights to us, what type of sealant you have on your lights. Around the edges where the original lenses meet the back of the headlights, you will see some of the old sealant seeping out a little. If it's black, we will charge more to open, remove and reinstall. If it's grey/silvery, we will charge less.
2) The 40ft container lands on Friday April 7th based on the most recent maritime tracking logs. It could be a day or two earlier or later but usually the logs are pretty accurate. We are already telex released and have already assigned a pick up time for the parts, we will begin shipping that Saturday if the shipment is available for pick up on April 7th with the soonest time people will receive their lenses on Monday April 10th.
3) There will be a 'certification' surprise for y'all - can't say more than that since some people with peeping eyes are watching
Old 03-31-2017, 09:26 AM
Sprocketboy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Removing sealant

3 updates:
1) Our installer believes you can tell ahead of time, before shipping the headlights to us, what type of sealant you have on your lights. Around the edges where the original lenses meet the back of the headlights, you will see some of the old sealant seeping out a little. If it's black, we will charge more to open, remove and reinstall. If it's grey/silvery, we will charge less.
I have been following this thread with great interest as I think I will need to make the lens change later this year. I am apprehensive about shipping the headlight assemblies from Canada to California as if anything happens to them enroute it will be extremely difficult for me to replace them. I have read all the instructions about doing the change of lens at home (and our Capital Corvette Club has posted on this as well) but now I see the comments about the black sealant. I will try to figure out what I have based on this tip by the installer but if I do have to do it how are you getting it out (the 3 hour process)? Thanks!
Old 03-31-2017, 09:41 AM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprocketboy
I have been following this thread with great interest as I think I will need to make the lens change later this year. I am apprehensive about shipping the headlight assemblies from Canada to California as if anything happens to them enroute it will be extremely difficult for me to replace them. I have read all the instructions about doing the change of lens at home (and our Capital Corvette Club has posted on this as well) but now I see the comments about the black sealant. I will try to figure out what I have based on this tip by the installer but if I do have to do it how are you getting it out (the 3 hour process)? Thanks!
How I did mine (with the black sealant) with it still soft & use a narrow sharp screwdriver try to get the blade under the sealant & push ! it will come out mostly in short strips, then when I couldn't scrape anymore out & the remaining sealant was hard again I used my Dremel tool and cleared the rest took about 2 hrs for both assemblies, using a spreading tool (see earlier post) REALLY HELPED !!
The following 2 users liked this post by Johnathon59:
info@umnitza.com (03-31-2017), Sprocketboy (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 12:59 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Sprocketboy
To be honest, shipping is the hardest part to explain to people. Everyone thinks they know how to ship until their headlights get broken or damaged in shipping.

This is crucial - we created a video that shows you the level of "stuffing" you need to undertake to insure proper shipping of headlights:

Originally Posted by Johnathon59
How I did mine (with the black sealant) with it still soft & use a narrow sharp screwdriver try to get the blade under the sealant & push ! it will come out mostly in short strips, then when I couldn't scrape anymore out & the remaining sealant was hard again I used my Dremel tool and cleared the rest took about 2 hrs for both assemblies, using a spreading tool (see earlier post) REALLY HELPED !!
100% correct

As we posted above, we have the spreading tool - really high quality - available that we use. If you guys are interested, we'll be more than happy to sell them to you for 10% over our cost - it's not our market, but if we can provide you a useful tool, why not.

----
Without further ado, we have another professional headlight install we've finished with the Zen6 Lenses. Don't mind the clear film protection We painted the insides a satin black for the customer - unfortunately the flash really makes it look orange peel but in person it's smooth

We ARE making your headlights great again, one order at a time.

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 03-31-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:35 PM
umtuba
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Yokel

- hopefully once the lenses land a local yokel will help us with bringing their car in and we'll do a soup to nuts video like our other install videos.

We are in Cali So perhaps you would consider being the one person that can drive up locally to do the install?

Hello, I ordered a set from you on 22 March. I also live in Fairfield, CA. Send me an IM and maybe we can work something out, if you haven't already had an offer.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Old 04-02-2017, 04:21 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Another lens completed yesterday, will post images with the rings lit up.

We're getting closer to shipping day!

Old 04-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I would be very interested in seeing how your lenses turn out once you get them. Mine look terrible.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Columbia2004
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another lens completed yesterday, will post images with the rings lit up.

We're getting closer to shipping day!

I'd be very interested in seeing the final product on the bench in this lighting without the Saran Wrap on them. I still haven't seen an image exactly like that. Looking for this to see the true optical image at an angle and straight on.

Quick Reply: C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses