C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bounce Dryer Sheets

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 09:17 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by torchred_lt1
After reading a post about winterizing a 2011 GS, one of the replies stated placing dryer sheets throughout the interior. I'd not heard of that before and was wondering what the purpose of that was.
Years ago when the drier sheet idea came up, it was supposed to be for under hood to discourage mice while car's stored & odor's confined to outside cockpit. Never heard anyone recommend interior use.

Can use DS inside, no rule against.
But come Spring I couldn't live with the lingering smell of a drier for who knows how long, mothballs even worse. YMMV
If there's a mice problem get a mouser cat and/or good traps.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:34 AM
ErikR
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

This is my first winter with my first Corvette and I'm nervous about keeping it in my garage for winter. I have 7 traps in the garage and have caught 28 mice the last few weeks. I plan on a multi layered defense. Dryer sheets in the car, moth ***** under the car and under the hood, traps around each wheel under the car, and my cats in the garage a few hours a day.

The mice have never bothered any of my motorcycles during their 5 months of winter storage.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:00 PM
upnorthmi
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the other product I use. Along with dryer sheets.

http://www.ruralking.com/earthkind-f...FQouaQodJ9gDKQ

I have several vehicles that get stored over the winter and have had great success!

In the great white north we have a BIG mice problem with stored vehicles. Years ago I failed to to do the proper prevention on one of my cars and paid the price dearly....wont happen again!
Old 10-27-2016, 01:51 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 881 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkyvette
Texas has had mice/rats of epidemic proportions this year. So many that the animals around here have grown bored of chasing them. They run out in the highways in the daytime and sit in intersections. It's crazy.
Wet spring and summer, they had a ton of food to eat, made lots of babies and now they are thinking about finding a place for the winter.

Quick Reply: Bounce Dryer Sheets