C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsport Spindle Comparison, which is right for me?

Old 01-18-2017, 04:32 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default LG Motorsport Spindle Comparison, which is right for me?

Many have asked what is the difference in your spindles and what will it do for me?

We offer two different spindles for C5-current Corvette's. We have a drop spindle and a drag spindle. Depending on the application and fitment, which is going to be right for you.

From Left to Right: Stock, Drop, Drag

Drop Spindles
  • 1 inch lowered ride height
  • zero loss in shock travel
  • no changes to control arm geometry
  • retains all factory equipment including parking brake mounts
  • stronger brake caliper mount
  • stronger wheel bearing mount
  • replaceable upper true bearing mount
  • improved geometry
  • used by all top road racers like: Whelen, Blackdog, Geiger Cars, Danny Popp, Rich Willhoff, and many many more!

Some of you might have lowered your car using aftermarket bolts in the past and wondered why the cars rode so bad? Well shock travel, especially bump, is a problem with the Corvette and lowering it to much will cause no travel and a hard ride. Using the spindles to start with, can aid in providing more shock travel for your OEM shocks or even some aftermarket coil over kits. Our spindles were designed by and for racers and the geometry is setup to provide the most from your Corvette on track yet able to be driven on the street without any issues.

Stock to the left, 1" drop spindle to the right

Upper bearing mount for drop spindles

2015 Z06 stock vs LG Drop Spindles<br/>

Drag Spindles
  • solid billet construction
  • shorter spindle to allow fitment of 15" diameter wheels (C7's require control arm kit)
  • uses OEM C5 brakes or Carlyle Racing rear brake kit
  • track proven to 6 second quarter mile times by Mark Carlyle

Have a lot of HP but can't seem to get your 18" or 19" wheel and tire package to hook? That is exactly why we have our billet drag spindles, and conversion kits. HP for street cars is now well exceeding 1000 rwhp and they need a way to get that power to the ground. One of the main ways of doing so is with a solid 15" drag setup with a nice soft, sticky tire.

Height difference stock to drag spindle<br/>

Vengeance C7Z with LG Drag Conversion

Test building the first C7 kit.

When you are buying your upgraded suspension components, make sure to ask your retailer for only the best, LG Motorsports! Available through fine dealers across the World.
LG DEALER WORLD MAP

(C6 spindles used in pictures, same holds true for C5 units, as well as C7 but they use a completely different spindle).
Old 01-19-2017, 04:21 AM
advancivic
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Do they come complete with ball joints etc pretty much open box and install and go or do we have to swap over our stock stuff?
Old 01-19-2017, 10:16 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by advancivic
Do they come complete with ball joints etc pretty much open box and install and go or do we have to swap over our stock stuff?
Spindles are fully assembled with all ball joints in them. You would have to transfer over your wheel bearings and brake assembly but yes they are ready to bolt on and go.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:50 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Bump as I have had a few questions the last couple days on which spindle does what.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:24 PM
M2k2ind
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheel fitment

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Many have asked what is the difference in your spindles and what will it do for me?

We offer two different spindles for C5-current Corvette's. We have a drop spindle and a drag spindle. Depending on the application and fitment, which is going to be right for you.

From Left to Right: Stock, Drop, Drag

Drop Spindles
  • 1 inch lowered ride height
  • zero loss in shock travel
  • no changes to control arm geometry
  • stronger brake caliper mount
  • stronger wheel bearing mount
  • replaceable upper true bearing mount
  • improved geometry
  • used by all top road racers like: Whelen, Blackdog, Geiger Cars, Danny Popp, Rich Willhoff, and many many more!

Some of you might have lowered your car using aftermarket bolts in the past and wondered why the cars rode so bad? Well shock travel, especially bump, is a problem with the Corvette and lowering it to much will cause no travel and a hard ride. Using the spindles to start with, can aid in providing more shock travel for your OEM shocks or even some aftermarket coil over kits. Our spindles were designed by and for racers and the geometry is setup to provide the most from your Corvette on track yet able to be driven on the street without any issues.

Stock to the left, 1" drop spindle to the right

Upper bearing mount for drop spindles

2015 Z06 stock vs LG Drop Spindles<br/>

Drag Spindles
  • solid billet construction
  • shorter spindle to allow fitment of 15" diameter wheels (C7's require control arm kit)
  • uses OEM C5 brakes or Carlyle Racing rear brake kit
  • track proven to 6 second quarter mile times by Mark Carlyle

Have a lot of HP but can't seem to get your 18" or 19" wheel and tire package to hook? That is exactly why we have our billet drag spindles, and conversion kits. HP for street cars is now well exceeding 1000 rwhp and they need a way to get that power to the ground. One of the main ways of doing so is with a solid 15" drag setup with a nice soft, sticky tire.

Height difference stock to drag spindle<br/>

Vengeance C7Z with LG Drag Conversion

Test building the first C7 kit.

When you are buying your upgraded suspension components, make sure to ask your retailer for only the best, LG Motorsports! Available through fine dealers across the World. LG DEALER WORLD MAP

(C6 spindles used in pictures, same holds true for C5 units, as well as C7 but they use a completely different spindle).

Do the C7 drop spindles allow for a smaller wheel than factory? Can you do a picture of the drag, drop, and stock all next to each other showing height? Like the one above but with all 3.

I have a set of 18 inch weld RTS wheels from my c6z that clear everything in the rear except the very top of the ball joint housing on the stock drop spindles. I need these on my c7z like... yesterday. The run flat 20s aren't hooking at all!
Old 05-07-2017, 01:37 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by M2k2ind
Do the C7 drop spindles allow for a smaller wheel than factory? Can you do a picture of the drag, drop, and stock all next to each other showing height? Like the one above but with all 3.

I have a set of 18 inch weld RTS wheels from my c6z that clear everything in the rear except the very top of the ball joint housing on the stock drop spindles. I need these on my c7z like... yesterday. The run flat 20s aren't hooking at all!
Do you have a C7 or a C6? I think you are looking for the C7 package.

the photo included is of the C6 but the basic idea is the same.

If you are going to use 18" Weld Wheels, you can get away with just the Drag Spindles without the A arm package. the A arm should be ok with the 18" wheel package but if you go smaller diameter, you will need the complete A arm and Drag Spindle package.

Give us a call monday and we can see what an 18" wheel fits like on the C7 drag package.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

PS, we have a large shipment of C5-C6 drag spindles in stock now. LG

Old 05-07-2017, 10:38 PM
M2k2ind
Racer

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Do you have a C7 or a C6? I think you are looking for the C7 package.

the photo included is of the C6 but the basic idea is the same.

If you are going to use 18" Weld Wheels, you can get away with just the Drag Spindles without the A arm package. the A arm should be ok with the 18" wheel package but if you go smaller diameter, you will need the complete A arm and Drag Spindle package.

Give us a call monday and we can see what an 18" wheel fits like on the C7 drag package.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

PS, we have a large shipment of C5-C6 drag spindles in stock now. LG

I have a c7z.

The wheels are coming off of my c6z, and on to the c7z.

A picture like this of the c7 stock, drop, and drag spindles would help a ton. If the drop is just the slightest bit shorter, .5 inches or even less, it would work too.

Thanks for the response, I'll call tomorrow as requested.

The following users liked this post:
LG Motorsports (05-08-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 10:38 AM
M2k2ind
Racer

Originally Posted by M2k2ind
I have a c7z.

The wheels are coming off of my c6z, and on to the c7z.

A picture like this of the c7 stock, drop, and drag spindles would help a ton. If the drop is just the slightest bit shorter, .5 inches or even less, it would work too.

Thanks for the response, I'll call tomorrow as requested.

Can't catch you on the phone, my number is 9105368660. Please call me today
Old 05-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Lexicon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I want just 2 for only the front of my base 07 C6. Yea...I am cutting corners but my car is 90% street with mag ride and leafs. I am not doing coils but am trying to make it better overall. Can I get 2 for the same price you have on the 2 drags? If so...please PM me or email.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsport Spindle Comparison, which is right for me?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LG Motorsport Spindle Comparison, which is right for me?