C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That one turn that freaks out my active handling

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 12:35 AM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default That one turn that freaks out my active handling

I have had active handling and traction control step in a few times in my 08 A6 when I was driving with some "spirit" and I am glad they were there to keep me in check. However today while out for a sunny 85 degree drive, car and tires fully up to temp, I go to make a left hand turn from a dead stop onto a two lane highway, probably a 120 degree left hand turn onto a banked 75mph highway that they cut rumble grooves down the entire middle of... I pull out and go to accelerate and as soon as I hit those rumblers at about 20mph, the boat anchors dropped and the power was pulled with traction message on the DIC. I am glad nobody was coming because the car wouldn't go. As soon as I got off the rumble strips, I was able to reengage thrust and takeoff. I made a loop and went right back to this corner and I can reproduce it! Must be the perfect combo of bank angle, turn degree and rumble strips as I was not giving it "the beans" either time, just pulling out as I would normally. It has happened nowhere else like that for me. Anybody have a similar experience?
Old 02-24-2017, 03:39 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkyvette
I was able to reengage thrust and takeoff. I made a loop and went right back to this corner and I can reproduce it! Must be the perfect combo of bank angle, turn degree and rumble strips as I was not giving it "the beans" either time, just pulling out as I would normally. It has happened nowhere else like that for me. Anybody have a similar experience?
There is a similar T-intersection around here between two mountain roads. From the stop sign, I have to disable traction control to turn right:

Quick Reply: That one turn that freaks out my active handling