C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your Corvette a parking lot magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
Speaking of parking lots, does anyone else have a problem getting out of their Vette in a lot? The doors are so wide that I can't get them open far enough to get my size 12s between the threshold and the door. Mostly I have written it off to being old and fat, but that doesn't effect the size of my feet (much). Same problem that I had with two 4th gen Camaros in a row.
RT: Go to your favorite surgeon and have him take a couple of inches out of the length of your foot and then he'll sew them back up. You can then get shorter shoes and you'll be all set.

No need to thank me.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:26 PM
acesx4
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

They just want their cars to look good next to your's!!!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:45 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,494 Likes on 815 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by stingray71
I recently bought my 2009 Coupe and I am still pretty paranoid about parking near other cars. I don't take multiple spaces because I know that will get unwanted attention. However, I TRY to park away from other cars whenever possible. I'll usually leave about 5-6 empty spaces but it doesn't seem to work. I feel like a parking lot magnet because whenever I come back out to the parking lot (even if I have been in the store 10 minutes) there always seem to be people that want to park right next to me.
I've had enough experiences with my other cars where I know people just don't care when they open doors. Does this happen to others Corvettes?
I may just be overly sensitive to it, but I feel like people want to park next to me when there are other empty spaces closer to the store/restaurant.
yes, just yesterday some dude hit my car with his door and I was sitting in my car at the time
The following users liked this post:
mikecronis (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2017, 07:07 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
No, because I don't park it out in the middle of the boondocks. I park with the other cars at Loew's, Kroger, Walmart, K-Mart, Walgreens.
When I park in spots just like the average Joe, people understand that I'm not a stuckup snob who thinks he's special. I do however avoid parking between two pickups or SUV's, so I can see to get out if they're still there when I want to leave. When possible, I like to pull through to a facing spot to have more visibility when leaving. Nine years, 141K miles, and never a parking lot scratch.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:14 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad*Max
yes, just yesterday some dude hit my car with his door and I was sitting in my car at the time
So...what are the charges?? Assault and battery? Hopefully not worse than that...
Old 02-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

Parking far in an empty space at night, I'm afraid of my vette getting vandalize LOL. The Paranoia is real.
mikecronis (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Received 266 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiron
Just trying to get away from folks. They always find me.
I feel you......this alway's seem to happen when I'm at a nice restaurant parked in the back away from others, and there's always a car right next to me. I don't take up 2 spaces, or park crazy.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:06 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Back during the holidays I had gone to my bank to pick up some nice crisp bills for my grandkids and I came out of the bank to find this Chrysler mini van parked so close to my driver's door that I couldn't get into the car and with his rear end hanging out behind my car so that, had I been able to get in, I couldn't get out of the parking space. The guy had left his wife in the car and I asked her where her husband was. She said he was in the bank so I told her to go get him so he could move the van. She couldn't get out, so I went in after him. Everyone in the bank went into shock when I told the guy directly to get his azz out to his car because I wasn't going to wait around for him to finish his banking. I told him that, since he was inconsiderate enough to trap my car in it's parking space, I was damn sure inconsiderate enough to make a scene in the bank. He comes out and I tell him to move his POS. I told him that he was an inconsiderate turd. He looks at me funny and then gets his azz in the van and leaves. Never even apologized.
The following 2 users liked this post by RagTop69:
Excind (02-21-2018), mikecronis (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
Back during the holidays I had gone to my bank to pick up some nice crisp bills for my grandkids and I came out of the bank to find this Chrysler mini van parked so close to my driver's door that I couldn't get into the car and with his rear end hanging out behind my car so that, had I been able to get in, I couldn't get out of the parking space. The guy had left his wife in the car and I asked her where her husband was. She said he was in the bank so I told her to go get him so he could move the van. She couldn't get out, so I went in after him. Everyone in the bank went into shock when I told the guy directly to get his azz out to his car because I wasn't going to wait around for him to finish his banking. I told him that, since he was inconsiderate enough to trap my car in it's parking space, I was damn sure inconsiderate enough to make a scene in the bank. He comes out and I tell him to move his POS. I told him that he was an inconsiderate turd. He looks at me funny and then gets his azz in the van and leaves. Never even apologized.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:23 PM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Ii just park among the regular cars -- look for a wider space when possible - I think the soccer moms are less risk than the idiots in POS cars that go way out to park next to you.
mikecronis (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2017, 10:32 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron'sGS
I feel you......this alway's seem to happen when I'm at a nice restaurant parked in the back away from others, and there's always a car right next to me. I don't take up 2 spaces, or park crazy.
You just came up with the obvious solution!!! Bring a decoy vehicle with you when you park. Buy a cheap ratty car like an old LeCar, and park it on your blind side.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:57 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Happens to me all the time.

I park in only one spot away from the crowd, and I come back and I'm surrounded.

It's the Gregarious Instinct alive and active.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:57 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
Parked in a restaurant parking lot in Arlington...very back lot. No other cars in this particular lot. Went in, ate, came back out. Probably an hour or so. Parked next to my car was a pos Ford Bronco, probably early 60's. It was so close, I could not get in my car. Couldn't even walk between the two. No other cars in the lot, and there were plenty of empty places to park. Had to get in from the passenger side of the car and climb over the console.
You know that was intentional...probably laughed with his buddies about it. Probably a joke he plays all the time. Nothing much you can do without you winding up being the bad guy...
LMB-Z (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 12:01 AM
Rick369
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
Yep some people just don't understand.

I assume you are talking about the dumb *** corvette owner that is taking up 2 parking spots by parking on an angle.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rick369:
drcarric2650 (08-03-2017), mikecronis (02-24-2018)
Old 02-25-2017, 12:32 AM
HOTXFIL
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
Parked in a restaurant parking lot in Arlington...very back lot. No other cars in this particular lot. Went in, ate, came back out. Probably an hour or so. Parked next to my car was a pos Ford Bronco, probably early 60's. It was so close, I could not get in my car. Couldn't even walk between the two. No other cars in the lot, and there were plenty of empty places to park. Had to get in from the passenger side of the car and climb over the console.
Search for "valve stem remover" here...
LMB-Z (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 12:47 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

My wifes wasn't until we wrapped it..........
Attached Images   
Old 02-25-2017, 07:07 AM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick369
I assume you are talking about the dumb *** corvette owner that is taking up 2 parking spots by parking on an angle.
I despise people who take up two spots like this. Had the Vette driver parked close to the yellow curb, it would have left plenty of space for a vehicle in the next spot. It would not be possible for their car door to touch them.
mikecronis (02-24-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Is your Corvette a parking lot magnet?

Old 02-25-2017, 12:21 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Went to Home depot the other day -- not many peope there so lots of parking available.

I parked a long way from the front door - no one there.. all empty spots.. come out and two cars are parked one on each side of me.. and all the empty spot near the front door were still empty.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:37 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 323 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by Rick369
Yes, that and the Great sense of humor of the guy parked next to him. Laugh every time I look at that picture.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:51 PM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I always try to park strategically in parking lots, whether or not I'm in my corvette or any of my other vehicles I own. It drives the wife nuts when we go somewhere but I can't help it!
SLOjoe (02-21-2018)

Quick Reply: Is your Corvette a parking lot magnet?