C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your Corvette a parking lot magnet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:34 PM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
Parked in a restaurant parking lot in Arlington...very back lot. No other cars in this particular lot. Went in, ate, came back out. Probably an hour or so. Parked next to my car was a pos Ford Bronco, probably early 60's. It was so close, I could not get in my car. Couldn't even walk between the two. No other cars in the lot, and there were plenty of empty places to park. Had to get in from the passenger side of the car and climb over the console.
I am not a violent person, but he would
have had a couple of flats when he came out
The following users liked this post:
LMB-Z (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 05:10 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by cessna10
That's not violent, that's passive-aggressive. That means you don't confront anyone, but keep it inside, then get even when no one is around.

Violent would be calling the guy out, opening a can of whoop-*** on him, slamming his head through his car window, then making love to his woman while he watched.
The following 2 users liked this post by ByRiver:
Bad_Brad (02-25-2017), mikecronis (02-24-2018)
Old 02-25-2017, 05:20 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by ByRiver
That's not violent, that's passive-aggressive. That means you don't confront anyone, but keep it inside, then get even when no one is around.

Violent would be calling the guy out, opening a can of whoop-*** on him, slamming his head through his car window, then making love to his woman while he watched.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:49 PM
Jeffthunbird
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking
Two words, handicap tags

There should be some perk to multiple knee surgeries............
Great idea. I could probably get one as I recently had knee surgery.
Might not get much sympathy when they look inside and see that third pedal...
Old 02-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffthunbird
Great idea. I could probably get one as I recently had knee surgery.
Might not get much sympathy when they look inside and see that third pedal...
You're from Canandaigua???? No kidding!

My mailing addy is Canandaigua although I live in Bristol near Honeoye.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:31 PM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ByRiver

Thanks for the free shrink session. After thinking about
your analysis, I think you are right.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:59 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by cessna10
The thought crossed my mind, but my wife said there might be cameras, so I decided against doing anything. I really didnt want to go to jail, and had no idea how big the person was, so a can of whoop *** may have been mine....lol. I shrugged it off and drove home. I guess letting the air out of the tires is not against the law as there is no damage...lol. I'll keep that in mind in case there is a next time.

This happened at Pappadeaux Restaurant near Texas Rangers Stadium.

Last edited by LMB-Z; 02-25-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by BlindSpot
So...what are the charges?? Assault and battery? Hopefully not worse than that...
I have no desire of being unemployed
Old 02-25-2017, 08:31 PM
Karl H
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Leave them a note explaining why you surgically removed the mirror from their door with your size 13 nut crushers. Of coarse you can use permanent ink marker.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:39 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
I told him that, since he was inconsiderate enough to trap my car in it's parking space, I was damn sure inconsiderate enough to make a scene in the bank. He comes out and I tell him to move his POS. I told him that he was an inconsiderate turd. He looks at me funny and then gets his azz in the van and leaves. Never even apologized.
He probably heard that Corvette drivers are usually carrying, and was afraid you might shoot him.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 PM
KevDude
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Homer3D
I have had this picture as a screensaver for at least 5 years. It is Epic.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:23 AM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

As above mentioned. I park my trucks next to Corvettes in lots because I KNOW the driver of a Corvette won't dare let their door touch my truck. Besides, I feel like I am protecting one side of a nice car because I won't let my doors fly either. That jalopy next to your vette might be a Vette owner themselves....
Old 02-26-2017, 08:01 AM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Arkyvette
As above mentioned. I park my trucks next to Corvettes in lots because I KNOW the driver of a Corvette won't dare let their door touch my truck. Besides, I feel like I am protecting one side of a nice car because I won't let my doors fly either. That jalopy next to your vette might be a Vette owner themselves....
That solves one mystery for me.

As I stated earlier, I park my Corvette at the end of the row, and at a slight angle while staying within the white lines. My supervisor drives a Hellcat. He parks his next to mine in the same manner.

Last year these two guys who apparently bought new trucks started parking their trucks next to our vehicles in the exact same way! We talked about why would someone cared about a truck. I mean, IT'S a TRUCK!! This is a paid parking lot just for our building, but is open for tourists going to the St Louis Arch. We used to park at the end of the row near the fence, but we moved to the row closest to the building, leaving the trucksters there own corner.

I have a F150 Supercrew Lariat that I purchased new, but never thought about parking it away from everyone. I just looked for a spot where I could get it to fit. To me it was just a truck.

Last edited by ByRiver; 02-26-2017 at 08:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mikecronis (02-24-2018)
Old 02-26-2017, 08:16 AM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

When those trucks cost as much or more than a Corvette though, you tend to want to take care of them. I started driving several old beaters back when I got my license, the least of which was a Chevette. It was the shiniest, cleanest Chevette you ever did see. I called it my "Vette" Pride in ownership was real. I worked for that car and took care of it.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:31 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

My daily driver is a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie. I do the same with my truck and park towards the end of the parking lot away from everyone else. I do always leave at least one space between me and any other cars parked by themselves when possible. Kind of out of respect for the other car and my own unwritten rules of parking.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:11 AM
BROCKYJACK
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a handicap placard as a result of surviving a head on in 2011. I bought my vette in Jan 2014. I have to say that handicap parking is the silver lining in the dark cloud. I don't have to worry about my car anymore....and am up close. I did have some azzhat throw a cup of coffee on it at a hotel last year. I guess he could not rationalize handicap and corvette.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Cedar
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

I worked for a guy 30 years ago who was sitting in a mall parking lot where his wife and daughter went to shop. He was sitting in his brand new Buick Park Avenue when a woman pulled in the parking space right next to him and threw her car door into the side of his car. He got out and politely asked her why she did that and her reply was it's just a car, so he forcefully opened his door several times into the side of her car and gave her the same excuse. He got back in and waited for his family and they drove away.

Get notified of new replies

To Is your Corvette a parking lot magnet?

Old 02-26-2017, 12:14 PM
CadVette
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by torchred_lt1
I worked for a guy 30 years ago who was sitting in a mall parking lot where his wife and daughter went to shop. He was sitting in his brand new Buick Park Avenue when a woman pulled in the parking space right next to him and threw her car door into the side of his car. He got out and politely asked her why she did that and her reply was it's just a car, so he forcefully opened his door several times into the side of her car and gave her the same excuse. He got back in and waited for his family and they drove away.

I watched something like that happen in a parking lot. A ignorant lady opened a door in a parking lot and put a dent in another girls car. The girls car that got hit said a couple of words to her and she got a one fingered salute. After that women went into the store the lady that got hit pulled a small sledge hammer out of her trunk and put a very big dent in the offending car. There were other people around that saw this and gave her applause and a thumbs up. Karma eventually got that girl.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:33 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by CadVette
I watched something like that happen in a parking lot. A ignorant lady opened a door in a parking lot and put a dent in another girls car. The girls car that got hit said a couple of words to her and she got a one fingered salute. After that women went into the store the lady that got hit pulled a small sledge hammer out of her trunk and put a very big dent in the offending car. There were other people around that saw this and gave her applause and a thumbs up. Karma eventually got that girl.

That's why we park far away from everyone else. Too many stupid and/or inconsiderate people out there. I had that happen to me years ago while I was sitting in my car. Luckily there was no dent but I went off on the woman and the guy that was with her. I think they both cr@pped themselves. It did make me feel better though.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:03 PM
willem wallace
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default green eyes

Originally Posted by kharouf
i feel you bro, iv seen stingrays parked in busy parking lots. its just a risk we gotta take but i don't think someone would vandalize a car for no reason. iv seen m3s m4s, amg benz and even Maseratis parked as well. if people did damage nice cars there would be news everywhere
10 years ago I had an absolutely pristine BMW convertible, not a mark on it. I took it to a local supermarket on a grocery run, not a barroom, a supermarket. Parked away from the entrance, no other cars around. Came out and proceeded home, got out and brought first armful inside, when I came back out, the sun was reflected off the side of my beautiful Beemer, there was a small dent, every 18", the entire length of the car. Needless to say, I was not happy

Quick Reply: Is your Corvette a parking lot magnet?