C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Where do you race your car?
Street Race
16.48%
Track Race
14.20%
Track and Street Race
14.20%
I do not ever race and do not care what others do as long as its not around other people
18.75%
Street racing is just plain stupid
36.36%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How many of you street race?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 09:20 PM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Again really F'ing unbelievable noone else has got a story here but me...in the entire community. Maybe I should start an oil thread or a "what tire is best" thread. Then I can consider whether another rear diff thread change is appropriate. It should give me enough time to think about it. I don't log on to this site to hear about that trite $hit. I look forward to a story or something that has some meat to it. I have Akebono brake pads by the way.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:58 PM
DSMdemon93
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll admit I've done it here and there previously. The older I get, the slower I like to go. Sure, I'll slow down on the freeway when no one is around and rocket from 20-120. The acceleration is what gets me. I'm not about to swerve in and out of traffic at 100+. If you do, you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:10 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by raspyc6
Again really F'ing unbelievable noone else has got a story here but me...in the entire community. Maybe I should start an oil thread or a "what tire is best" thread. Then I can consider whether another rear diff thread change is appropriate. It should give me enough time to think about it. I don't log on to this site to hear about that trite $hit. I look forward to a story or something that has some meat to it. I have Akebono brake pads by the way.

It's not that they do not have stories.. Most of us all do. Please do not take offense to this as I mean none.

Many guys here are very careful about this sort of thing. If something were to happen on the street where an accident occurred and you killed someone, what will happen to you if they find thread after thread of you posting this activity? It won't help your case. A prosecutor would shove every sentence of it up your rear. Although both racers know the risk that they take when entering a speed contest, a grieving family will not let it go.

Thus the reason this forum must extinguish any illegal activity posts. They could be implicated as promoting the behavior. Maybe not legally but certainly civilly if someone has enough money for attorneys. I firmly believe that if this thread poll were public they would have locked the thread.

Maybe we all have tin foil hats on but keep in mind that we live in a world where it is possible to even sue McDonalds for a hot coffee burn. I doubt this board has the funding to cover millions in attorney fees.

Your IP log ins are linked to this site and with a warrant they will be forced to hand the user over.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by User Omega
It's not that they do not have stories.. Most of us all do. Please do not take offense to this as I mean none.
I have tons of racing stories from the days of yore, but in this modern politically-correct culture a lot of people wouldn't understand or accept them.
The following users liked this post:
User Omega (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 11:26 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
I have tons of racing stories from the days of yore, but in this modern politically-correct culture a lot of people wouldn't understand or accept them.
^^^ Same here, have a few that are pretty awesome, as well as one or two that would have some rolling on floor laughing .... just not worth sharing for the reasons stated above

Last edited by Welker1; 03-13-2017 at 09:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bruze (02-27-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 09:06 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by User Omega
...Thus the reason this forum must extinguish any illegal activity posts. ...
You are under a misconception that the rule against posting about illegal activity is still banned on this forum. There used to be a rule like that but it was removed when IB bought the site and IB thinks they can get more clicks by promoting illegal activities. If you check the current rules ( https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-rules-109/ ) I see nothing that prevents posting illegal activities any more. IB would promote crack dealers and prostitution if they thought they could get away with it. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tte-forum.html and even worse, https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...-corvette-z06/

This used to be a great site until the new owners decided selling stupidity was more profitable and that all cars from Corvettes to Kias were the same when it came to owners.

Last edited by FortMorganAl; 03-13-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by raspyc6

NSA is watching dude.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:22 AM
BusterHeiman25
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I partake from time to time but I live in a place where you have long stretches of highway you can go to with nobody around for miles. If you put other people at risk by racing through traffic you're an idiot. Local drag strip only has open nights once every 2 months or so
Old 03-13-2017, 11:22 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

The offensiveness of street racing depends wholly on context. When I lived in a very sparsely populated area, there was a place way out there where people would meet to race. Due to monitors, there was zero chance of a non-racer wandering into the middle of a contest. The police knew about this and winked at it due to it being better than spontaneous racing in town.

Having a drag race through a school zone and that sort of way out in the boonies with monitors are both technically street racing but are worlds apart in potential effects on the community.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:56 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
This used to be a great site until the new owners decided selling stupidity was more profitable and that all cars from Corvettes to Kias were the same when it came to owners.
Someone brought that up and it wasn't about racing. It was about all the pop-ups and ads right on the page. A moderator came on with all the bull about it had to support the sight $$$. When I asked him what if there weren't all the good information about Corvettes from the members who would come here and support the sight.

They evidently don't consider that anymore. Move the thread, bury it somewhere. No answer.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

I'v never seen a street race go pass 120+mph.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:33 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Never past 120? I believe if you check that you can kill someone or even yourself at less than 120. Here's yesterday's fatality at less than 120. http://www.fox8live.com/story/349342...-ends-in-death

Hey, IB, there are usually 4 or 5 fatalities a week that could be posted to attract the stupid. Just Google street racing news. And you could make lots of money posting snuff films.

Quick Reply: Poll: How many of you street race?