C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks header gaskets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 01:11 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,713 Likes on 2,998 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Default Kooks header gaskets?

For those of you that have installed Kooks brand long tube headers on your C6, did you use the gaskets that were provided in the kit or something else? thanks
Old 03-01-2017, 02:38 PM
HK770
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

OEM/GM for me , World of difference in OEM than KOOKs.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Haven't done it yet, next week I hope so I cant answer the question but in looking at the supplied gaskets from Seal4Good and their website it says to install the gaskets one way and they cant go that way because of the 2 center bolts being off set from center line, in other words only go one way, the opposite of their instructions. They have a concave on one side, when I talked with them they said it was never brought up before but that it didn't make any difference The are a crush type gasket.
So anyone with input please feel free. I forget if they say to put the concave against the heads or header but no matter , it only goes one way, if I'm wrong please advise
NSF
Old 03-01-2017, 05:08 PM
CSTYLE
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I also used oem!
Old 03-01-2017, 05:26 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Haven't done it yet, next week I hope so I cant answer the question but in looking at the supplied gaskets from Seal4Good and their website it says to install the gaskets one way and they cant go that way because of the 2 center bolts being off set from center line, in other words only go one way, the opposite of their instructions. They have a concave on one side, when I talked with them they said it was never brought up before but that it didn't make any difference The are a crush type gasket.
So anyone with input please feel free. I forget if they say to put the concave against the heads or header but no matter , it only goes one way, if I'm wrong please advise
NSF
if you use the GM mls gaskets they will never leak.preferably new set

Get notified of new replies

To Kooks header gaskets?

Quick Reply: Kooks header gaskets?