C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat covers from Interior Innovation

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:51 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,446 Likes on 2,803 Posts

I ordered some new covers for my C4, and II has been very responsive to questions. Said it'd take about a week or two to make, which is totally fair considering they're half the price of other vendors, and allow for customization. Mine will be black with black suede centers and red stitching. Should look like an older version of my centennial seats, haha.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:29 PM
bgspot
Burning Brakes

Received 285 Likes on 159 Posts

^Yes it does only take 1-2 weeks. I think i wasn't clear on my last post. It didn't 3 months to get my covers. It took less than a week. I meant the planning took months because i knew i wanted different threads from different vendors so i was wanting samples to compare reds.

And i was able to get in touch with II today and my 3-piece kit order was sorted out. There was an email glitch during February and my order was dropped. No harm no foul as long as i get my stuff lol
Old 03-24-2017, 05:30 AM
sboblett
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default These are excellent

I bought these in full leather for my 2005 and am very pleased. I paid a local seat cover shop to install them and they came out great. The quality, fit and look is really far better then the originals. I recommend them highly.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:23 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by sboblett
I bought these in full leather for my 2005 and am very pleased. I paid a local seat cover shop to install them and they came out great. The quality, fit and look is really far better then the originals. I recommend them highly.
Did you get new cushions, or buy the seat rebuild kit? Curious about how much the shop charged you for the install.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2017, 12:30 PM
sboblett
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Did you get new cushions, or buy the seat rebuild kit? Curious about how much the shop charged you for the install.

Thanks!

They used the existing cushions that were in good condition but would have replaced anything that was needed. They charged me $300.00 which seemed fair to me. The shop was impressed with the quality of the leather and the covers. It was much heavier and nicer than the original. Many people do the install themselves but I have never done any and wanted a professional job.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:34 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

That seems like a fair price to me. I'm debating getting II covers for mine, but I have a 70 pound GR that rides everywhere with me, unless it is too hot. So, if I get new covers, I have to get a cover for the covers....
Old 07-12-2017, 04:22 PM
bobschatter
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

They look good against the black interior. I have a 2003 Artic White with white vinyl ragtop and torch red leather interior. I just received a set of torch red/white insert synthetic leather seat covers today and while the build quality is good the red is considerably off from the OEM torch red. The car has been garaged since day one and has 20,000 miles. The OEM seats don't look bad but I wanted to try something different. The order process was fine but the torch red is several shades lighter than OEM and has a slight orange tint. I tried to send an e-mail today but it keeps getting kicked backed because their mailbox is full. I'm hoping maybe it was a dye issue as I love the price and again, the construction looked and felt good. Will update as able.

OEM vs Aftermarket torch red seat cover

My car and the newly arrived seat covers.
The following users liked this post:
bgspot (07-13-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 04:33 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by bobschatter
They look good against the black interior. I have a 2003 Artic White with white vinyl ragtop and torch red leather interior. I just received a set of torch red/white insert synthetic leather seat covers today and while the build quality is good the red is considerably off from the OEM torch red. The car has been garaged since day one and has 20,000 miles. The OEM seats don't look bad but I wanted to try something different. The order process was fine but the torch red is several shades lighter than OEM and has a slight orange tint. I tried to send an e-mail today but it keeps getting kicked backed because their mailbox is full. I'm hoping maybe it was a dye issue as I love the price and again, the construction looked and felt good. Will update as able.

I had them send me samples of their red since I have Victory red accents and leather pieces in the interior that match the VR. Their red didn't match so my recent order is all black with red stitching.

I love the white and red together. I wish the C6 had that choice.

Last edited by 1rusty1; 07-12-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:50 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

They look good against the black interior. I have a 2003 Artic White with white vinyl ragtop and torch red leather interior. I just received a set of torch red/white insert synthetic leather seat covers today and while the build quality is good the red is considerably off from the OEM torch red. The car has been

I do see a difference, but I am wondering if it really is enough to even matter. Have you placed them inside the car to see what it looks like under different lighting conditions?

I am not that great a judge of colors, but I really don't see enough difference to matter....just me, though.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:38 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Interior Innovations is limited with its choice of red; they had only one shade available when I ordered my leather covers. This is what mine look like against Victory Red.

bgspot (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 08:53 AM
bobschatter
Advanced

Oh yeah, I tried different light, pulled them loosely over the remaining seat in the car with the top down, outside vs inside, etc. I want to like them if only so I can move forward but it isn't torch red. And yeah, the pictures don't do justice to how different the tone is compared not just to the OEM color but the interior. If my interior was black it wouldn't even be an issue. Oh well, we all know Corvette owners are obsessed when it comes to our cars! I read good things about the company so I'm sure it will work out. Worse case scenario I eat them (only $275) and put them on Craigslist.

Last edited by bobschatter; 07-13-2017 at 08:54 AM. Reason: misspelling
bgspot (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 08:56 AM
bobschatter
Advanced

P.S. Corvette Ed....Those seats do look killer in your car!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

P.S. Corvette Ed....Those seats do look killer in your car!
Thanks, they look even better now. They've had time to sit in the sun so all of the wrinkles are gone now.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:32 AM
jmeirhofer
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

These pictures are great. You guys did an awesome job on your seats. Almost makes me wish I needed new seat covers.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:10 AM
O TAZ
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Liken mine so far so good but I did opt, for the all leather seat covers
Attached Images   
11GrandSport (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 02:19 PM
bobschatter
Advanced

Default II contact

Yep, everybody's seat are looking good. Still can't contact II by phone or e-mail. Keep getting an error that their mailbox folder is full and no answer regardless of what hour (their time) I call. It is possible he is overseas (Pakistan) dealing with manufacturing business. I still can't resolve myself to the fact that their interpretation of Torch Red doesn't match my OEM seats or interior. Several friends and neighbors stopping by seem to agree that the new seats are a orange or pink hued red depending on the light but definately not GM torch red.
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Nice job ... looks great

Quick Reply: New seat covers from Interior Innovation