C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 11:31 AM
JerryC5
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 79 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

I just use Autozone batteries when my vettes have needed a new one, also a Schumacher charger from Wal Mart.

I noticed on both my C5 and C6, when they were new, the battery would drain more quickly, however after a few months of driving them a lot, the battery drain problem went away. I assumed the batteries were low when I got them, and became more fully charged with use.

Now I only put the charger on if I believe I won't drive it for a month or two.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:33 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 901 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by NDMIKE88
Your OEM was an AC Delco and lasted 8 years. Why not buy another AC Delco?
Just like washing machines and lots of other things these days there are only a couple of battery manufactures left. They are basically all the same if you buy the same type (flooded / AGM, starting / deep cycle). All the rest it just branding , sales channel and warranty. You pay more for the longer warranty not because it's built better but because there is a greater chance they will have to honor the warranty. Do you think Delco actually makes batteries or that the one you buy today is made by the same manufacturer as the 8 year old OE battery?
Old 03-26-2017, 01:33 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuckoo
My battery on my 2011 GS just pooped out 2 days ago. I had a feeling it was going because of a weak start last week when I washed it. I bought my GS preowned last August and have only put 1200 miles on it. It sat a lot the past few months because of the rainy weather we had here in So Cal. Wednesday I had just bought a Shumacher SP3 tender to hook up and the battery was dead right then. The battery was an AC Delco. At 7 yrs old I doubt it was original but you never know. I was ready to go to the local chevy stealership to pick up another one but read a few posts about just getting an Autozone battery because if it fails there are usually Autozones all over the place to get a replacement.

Loonggg story short I went with the Autozone Duralast battery, about $25 cheaper and it fit perfect.

The Schumacher sp3 was only $32 & comes with all the hook ups and an extender cord was $9, seems like it will do the job.
Did Autozone charge you to install battery?

Quick Reply: Replacement Battery Question