C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window sticker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Likearock
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Window sticker replacement

Anyone know how to obtain a window sticker? Looking to buy a 2010 but it's 5 hours away and the current owner does not have it to email me to look at...Like to be sure what I am looking at before I make the drive..Thx
Old 03-21-2017, 01:39 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Why not ask for lots of pics?
Old 03-21-2017, 01:40 PM
BigBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Get the vin and a picture of the sticker in the glovebox that lists the option codes. Should be able to get the dealer to give you something with that or post them here and I bet the members here can decipher it.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:41 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Likearock
Anyone know how to obtain a window sticker? Looking to buy a 2010 but it's 5 hours away and the current owner does not have it to email me to look at...Like to be sure what I am looking at before I make the drive..Thx
Corvette Museum sells them but probably not tooo timely.
If you have the VIN you cans ask any GM dealer service department to print the build sheet. I have found these to be pretty accurate as to options on the vehicle. Also have then print the VIS, or list of repairs done at a GM dealer. Both only take a second to print and out free.
The following 2 users liked this post by ruxvette:
Amontekong (03-21-2017), Likearock (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 01:46 PM
Likearock
Instructor

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Get the vin and a picture of the sticker in the glovebox that lists the option codes. Should be able to get the dealer to give you something with that or post them here and I bet the members here can decipher it.
I do have the vin. I will ask for pic of sticker in glovebox...present owner has no clue when I asked certain questions
Old 03-21-2017, 01:59 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

I do have the vin. I will ask for pic of sticker in glovebox...present owner has no clue when I asked certain questions
A pic of the glovebox sticker would be the simplest and most helpful...it is the ultimate authority on what was in the car when it left the factory...more so than the VIS. My VIS shows some things that are not in agreement with that glovebox sticker. Then you also need to make sure that things shown on the sticker haven't been changed...wheels come to mind.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Likearock
Instructor

Originally Posted by cclive
A pic of the glovebox sticker would be the simplest and most helpful...it is the ultimate authority on what was in the car when it left the factory...more so than the VIS. My VIS shows some things that are not in agreement with that glovebox sticker. Then you also need to make sure that things shown on the sticker haven't been changed...wheels come to mind.
Well, I just got the build sheet from GM dealer...that took about 5 minutes...one very important piece of info shows no Z51 option but I assumed from picture it had due to cross-drilled rotors...and present owner had no idea what a Z51 was....
Old 03-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Likearock
Instructor

Originally Posted by ruxvette
If you have the VIN you cans ask any GM dealer service department to print the build sheet. I have found these to be pretty accurate as to options on the vehicle. Also have then print the VIS, or list of repairs done at a GM dealer. Both only take a second to print and out free.
Thanks for the great info...had build sheet faxed to be in 5 minutes..
Old 03-21-2017, 03:34 PM
Amontekong
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Man, that's a handy answer. I am not sure what trim level (?LT) my newly purchased 2009 is and the dealer wasn't sure (or so they said). Thanx for the tip.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:52 PM
BigBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, I just got the build sheet from GM dealer...that took about 5 minutes...one very important piece of info shows no Z51 option but I assumed from picture it had due to cross-drilled rotors...and present owner had no idea what a Z51 was....
99.9% of car owners don't know what their cars have. They either know fully optioned or base.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Vetaholic
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '09

Default Crossed-drilled rotors

FYI - The crossed-drilled brake rotors are part of the Magnetic Selective Ride Control (F55) option too.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:58 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Amontekong
Man, that's a handy answer. I am not sure what trim level (?LT) my newly purchased 2009 is and the dealer wasn't sure (or so they said). Thanx for the tip.
Look inside the glove compartment. Should be a tag inside that tells all of the codes the car was built with. Take a pic, go back to computer, and google them. Most will show up, a few won't. There are several lists that show what they are. Trim level on base cars and GS's are listed as "LT". Z06 and ZR1 are listed as "LZ". It will either be a 1, 2, 3, or 4, depending on year model.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:45 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Elaborate. What kind of questions? Doesn't sound right to me. Everyone and anyone should be familiar with their own vehicle.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by BigBlue
99.9% of car owners don't know what their cars have. They either know fully optioned or base.
You would think they would and should if selling a car. People have questions, and they would like answers.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:29 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

The NCM has a great library. Call the museum and ask for Betty in archives. they can provide all information pertaining to your car. I was there last week and picked up several things for my car including a new, never opened sales brochure.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:37 AM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

This site does have a VIN Decoder
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/vindecoder.php
Old 03-22-2017, 08:20 PM
hrt vlv
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Doesn't know anything about his Corvette Maybe shop around, Lots of C6;s out there. KLICK-LEWIS in palmyra, pa has a bunch of low mileage vettes, Prestige motorcars in York, pa. has low mileage cars. They are both well informed about the products they have. Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Window sticker replacement

Old 03-23-2017, 08:48 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
Elaborate. What kind of questions? Doesn't sound right to me. Everyone and anyone should be familiar with their own vehicle.
Not so, sadly. I asked a golfer at our course last week what kind of aftermarket exhaust he had. He did not know he had aftermarket exhaust, and had to go look at them. He turned and said, "Corsa?". He has had the car, a 2009, for two years...

Many people only know how to put gas in, and when to change the oil.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:53 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2

Many people only know how to put gas in, and when to change the oil.
When to have someone else change the oil...LOL
Old 03-24-2017, 12:19 PM
DocktorQ
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
The NCM has a great library. Call the museum and ask for Betty in archives. they can provide all information pertaining to your car. I was there last week and picked up several things for my car including a new, never opened sales brochure.
I too was at the museum a couple of weeks ago. I would recommend giving Betty a call also. I got my Build Sheet and Replacement Window sticker. While I was waiting Betty looked up the "born on date" for my car. She knows her stuff

Quick Reply: Window sticker replacement