C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting the radio to 0

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 08:33 AM
bucwheat
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Setting the radio to 0

Anyone know how to set a radio with nav to 0,I'm trying to get my radio serial number and the owner manual says to set the radio to 0.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:46 AM
shakinrock
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Anyone know how to set a radio with nav to 0,I'm trying to get my radio serial number and the owner manual says to set the radio to 0.
If you are referring to your XM radio ID go to either channel 0 or 1 (I forget which one) while tuned into XM.
The following users liked this post:
bucwheat (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 08:55 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by shakinrock
If you are referring to your XM radio ID go to either channel 0 or 1 (I forget which one) while tuned into XM.

another option would be to take your VIN to your local GM dealer and have them run a VIS report...........Vehicle Information Service

typically provides ALL vehicle build info. including options, warranty information, and radio ID information..............

FREE OF CHARGE, just takes them 5 - 10 minutes to do so..........
bucwheat (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 09:23 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

You just have to keep pushing the scan button until you get down to zero. This is easy if you don't have a subscription because 0 and 1 (Preview) are all you get. With a subscription the easiest way I've heard that works is to go to the lowest number preset you have and then push and push and push ... Since I have never had a subscription except all the free ones they keep having, I don't know but you might try parking in a garage where you can't get a signal to make it think you don't.

I forgot to add, if you push and push and end up cycling, you have set a category. Change categories.

Last edited by FortMorganAl; 03-22-2017 at 09:25 AM.
bucwheat (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 01:41 PM
bucwheat
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
You just have to keep pushing the scan button until you get down to zero. This is easy if you don't have a subscription because 0 and 1 (Preview) are all you get. With a subscription the easiest way I've heard that works is to go to the lowest number preset you have and then push and push and push ... Since I have never had a subscription except all the free ones they keep having, I don't know but you might try parking in a garage where you can't get a signal to make it think you don't.

I forgot to add, if you push and push and end up cycling, you have set a category. Change categories.
Thanks so much for the help.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:06 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by bucwheat

I can't believe you have never received an email from Sirius offering you 5 months for $25. I get them at least twice a month. In the email they list your Radio ID.

Get notified of new replies

To Setting the radio to 0

Quick Reply: Setting the radio to 0