C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropping Drivetrain help? And what should I replace meanwhile I'm in there.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:18 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Dropping Drivetrain help? And what should I replace meanwhile I'm in there.

Hey guys I'm dropping my drivetrain because of unusual noises, 90% sure it's the TT bearings.

What else should I change meanwhile I have the whole thing down to avoid headaches later. (Other then clutch)

what are things I should add a bleeder kit?

And can anyone give any torque specs on all the bolts that are needed to be put back in this process.

Also good instructions if anyone has any I will look some up to, I'm sure someone has done this before.

Oh last thing what brand stuff or stuff you guys recommend using.

Thanks for all the help, and people who come here to post dumb stuff I will report you guys as you guys have reported me.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Don't know any of that but post up lots of pics as you go.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:38 AM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jughead
Don't know any of that but post up lots of pics as you go.
Will do and I will record most of it.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:55 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 901 Likes on 586 Posts

Heads for sure. Not the engine's, yours.

Maybe get a shop manual first, try reading it?
Old 03-24-2017, 12:15 PM
RichKiss
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by CammedC6520
Hey guys I'm dropping my drivetrain because of unusual noises, 90% sure it's the TT bearings.

What else should I change meanwhile I have the whole thing down to avoid headaches later. (Other then clutch)

what are things I should add a bleeder kit?

And can anyone give any torque specs on all the bolts that are needed to be put back in this process.

Also good instructions if anyone has any I will look some up to, I'm sure someone has done this before.

Oh last thing what brand stuff or stuff you guys recommend using.

Thanks for all the help, and people who come here to post dumb stuff I will report you guys as you guys have reported me.

Thanks in advance!
You will be lucky to get any help with the past few threads you have started and a warning at the end of this one. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
CammedC6520 (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 12:26 PM
Joey D
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by dr_gallup

I literally just laughed out loud.

OP- I'm still not sure if you're just f#@king with us all, but I'll take the bait.

The reason you're getting brush back is because you are asking questions without doing the leg work yourself at all. By way of example, the torque specs are something you could find on your own pretty easily...via any shop manual for the car.

If you did a search in the forum or just got a shop book for the car, you would find an answer to every question you asked and you would be able to ask more specific questions in this thread based upon your new found knowledge. People would respect that and give better answers.

You're also still asking Z06 ?s in the wrong forum. I know you get more replies here, but at the very least, you should search that forum for answers.

As for your initial question:

Dropping a drive train without any game plan of what you are looking for is a bad idea. You need a game plan of what you want to do and what you want to upgrade before you do anything. If you don't have one, you will be taking the car apart over and over.
CammedC6520 (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 01:25 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by RichKiss
You will be lucky to get any help with the past few threads you have started and a warning at the end of this one. Good luck!
You know why there's a warning, find it dumb how they report me and I let them slide for saying stuff to me which is no help. Buts let's move on from that.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:34 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,349 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

You know why there's a warning, find it dumb how they report me and I let them slide for saying stuff to me which is no help. Buts let's move on from that.
Have you looked for a shop manual...or looked for youtube videos?
Old 03-24-2017, 01:46 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Have you looked for a shop manual...or looked for youtube videos?
No wasn't thinking about the shop manual until he mentioned it. I was trying to find a more descriptive manual from like a thread. But I'll record and take pictures of the process to help someone else as what I need
Help for now.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:43 PM
RichKiss
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey D

OP- I'm still not sure if you're just f#@king with us all, but I'll take the bait.

The reason you're getting brush back is because you are asking questions without doing the leg work yourself at all. By way of example, the torque specs are something you could find on your own pretty easily...via any shop manual for the car.

If you did a search in the forum or just got a shop book for the car, you would find an answer to every question you asked and you would be able to ask more specific questions in this thread based upon your new found knowledge. People would respect that and give better answers.

You're also still asking Z06 ?s in the wrong forum. I know you get more replies here, but at the very least, you should search that forum for answers.

Dropping a drive train without any game plan of what you are looking for is a bad idea. You need a game plan of what you want to do and what you want to upgrade before you do anything. If you don't have one, you will be taking the car apart over and over.
Very intelligent response.
Joey D (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 03:01 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by Joey D

Yeah ik Man, drivetrain is the same for all though better responses here and I'm starting it tomorrow. I know there's a problem I do need to drop
The drivetrain. Thanks man and I will
Old 03-24-2017, 03:24 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

In one of your previous threads I already linked a forum thread with all the pictures and steps.
CammedC6520 (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 04:10 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
In one of your previous threads I already linked a forum thread with all the pictures and steps.
Really? Which one
Old 03-24-2017, 04:54 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Really? Which one
Jesus Christ, you really expect to be spoon fed. It took me two seconds to find the post in his history.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:09 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by doomi
Jesus Christ, you really expect to be spoon fed. It took me two seconds to find the post in his history.
Damn someone woke up on the wrong side of bed, you know there's a thing you can do is skip over my thread like if you see my name skip it?
If it really bugs you that much there's no need to comment
Old 03-24-2017, 05:29 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Just set your torque wrench to 0 and start going up incrementally until you break the nut/bolt loose. Then write down how many ft/lbs it took to loosen it. When you reinstall everything refer back to that list and tighten accordingly. Nothing to it.

How do you know what the noise is if you haven't brought it to a shop yet. A few days ago you didn't even know what a torque tube bearing was. Ripping your car apart to chase a sound you haven't completely identified yet could be problematic. I say get a certified diagnosis first.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:33 PM
CammedC6520
Drifting

Originally Posted by 5knives
Just set your torque wrench to 0 and start going up incrementally until you break the nut/bolt loose. Then write down how many ft/lbs it took to loosen it. When you reinstall everything refer back to that list and tighten accordingly. Nothing to it.

How do you know what the noise is if you haven't brought it to a shop yet. A few days ago you didn't even know what a torque tube bearing was. Ripping your car apart to chase a sound you haven't completely identified yet could be problematic. I say get a certified diagnosis first.
Thing is I don't want to drive the car yet cause the heads haven't been fixed that guy I talked to about his dropped valve at 14k was enough to scare me. I have a set of heads and btr 4 cam coming from ahp next week I saw videos I'm sure it is the drive train either way I gotta drop it and change somthing

Get notified of new replies

To Dropping Drivetrain help? And what should I replace meanwhile I'm in there.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:59 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Any regrets about buying this car yet? You've only had it a week and are afraid to drive it and getting ready to do one of the most involved procedures aside from pulling the engine. Not to mention you're not even sure what the problem is. Did you ever see "The Money Pit"?
Old 03-24-2017, 06:04 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Damn someone woke up on the wrong side of bed, you know there's a thing you can do is skip over my thread like if you see my name skip it?
If it really bugs you that much there's no need to comment
You're right. Good luck dropping your drivetrain tomorrow. Sounds like you really have this under control.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:04 PM
J.Moore
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_gallup

My stomach hurts,,

And this.."Don't know any of that but post up lots of pics as you go."

I can't tell if you are serious about all this or not. Sure is alot of work you have put into a troll post.

So you are gonna tear this car apart looking for a noise or "somthing?"
You gotta change "somthing?" OK, if you must, but you can't come back here and ask these guys what to change, deal?

I advise you to stop now Captain..tearing a car apart looking for a noise is not the route to take.

Last edited by J.Moore; 03-24-2017 at 06:20 PM.
marinablu67 (03-24-2017)

Quick Reply: Dropping Drivetrain help? And what should I replace meanwhile I'm in there.