C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank You Corvette Forum!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 03:36 AM
Kaosinla
Pro

Location: Beverly Hills No Job is Too Small, No Fee is Too Big!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thank You Corvette Forum!!!

I want to thank the members of this forum for the best information, personalized help, and otherwise great support in my path to become a C6 owner.

In Nov. of 2003, after seeing the San Fran. spy pics, I sold my C5 and placed a deposit on the C6. I made the deal at MSRP and was told I was the first person to have come in about the C6. I was told that they had the allocation and was then guaranteed first on the list.

On June 18th, my salesman called me and told me my order was placed, giving me my order number. It was downhill from here.

In July, I placed multiple calls to my salesman and the GSM to find out my event code. (Note: I was not bothering them everyday, or displaying any signs of being impatient.) Just wanted to know how my order was progressing. There always seemed to be an excuse of the system being down or the person who could look it up, not being in the office. When seeing the progression of the orders from forum members, I started to become a little worried.

A few days ago, I requested help from the forum in looking my order up to let me know the event code. With overwhelming response, members took the initiative to find out all the info they could.

Turns out, my order was sitting at 1100 because the dealer placed 3 orders ahead of me and his allocation was 2 vettes. In speculation, the dealer just passed me by since the other deals were above MSRP. Why sell one of the two vettes they are receiving at MSRP, when they can make a huge profit?

To sum it up, I cancelled the order, got my deposit back, and am placing an order with a forum vendor.

So, thank you to everyone. Without this forum, I would have never had good info about the C6 to become educated. And, without this forum, I would still be waiting for a car that would never come in.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:44 AM
C-6forRJ
Drifting

Cruise-In 9 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Good info.

Thanks for the sequence of events that led you to a forum dealer.... I feel much better now having read about your ordeal...I started my quest for my C-6 right here, with a foruim dealer.. Now I will quit my whinning and get back to waiting...with patience!!!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Darth Xed
Racer

I hate unscrupulous dealer like that.

If they told you that you were first, you should be first. Period.

Spread the word about the dealership that did this (name, city?). People should not support dealers who operate in this fashion, IMO.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:47 AM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Ambassador
CI-3-4, 9 & 10 Car Show Winner
CI-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14, '16
St Jude Fedex Bowl Donor '09

Sorry your dealer did you that way... but with some of them they are greedy and out for themselves.. its ashame alot of time was wasted... but it sounds like your in alot better hands now... good news!!

I think we all are getting very anxious now... I know I feel like this most of the time waiting...
Old 08-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Troy Roberts
CF Co-Founder
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise In I Veteran
Cruise In II Veteran
Cruise In III Veteran
Cruise In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Old 08-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Kaosinla
Pro

The name of the dealer is:

Santa Monica Chevrolet in Santa Monica, California---BUYER BEWARE!!!

I'm so glad I'm with a Forum dealer and may get my C6 before I would have with the above dealer, even if I they kept me first on the list!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 05:07 PM
thebiggman
Racer

Forum Dealers are the only way to go. With out a long story I'll just say... I learned the hard way too.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:06 PM
HHC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by thebiggman
Forum Dealers are the only way to go. With out a long story I'll just say... I learned the hard way too.
I sure had a good experience at Les Stanford
Old 08-06-2004, 09:19 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Did you have any problem getting your deposit back?I am thinking of dumping my dealer ,waiting to see if I will be the first convertible like they said! If not good bye if I can get my deposit back!1000$
Old 08-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Kaosinla
Pro

I didn't have a problem getting my deposit back....I had a written agreement for refund if they couldn't get me the C6.

Also, they were very surprised that I had such detailed information about the dealership, my order, and the orders placed ahead of me.

Good Luck!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:16 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Good story and good lesson with a happy ending. Which a Forum Dealer are you going with?
Old 08-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by Kaosinla

Also, they were very surprised that I had such detailed information about the dealership, my order, and the orders placed ahead of me.

Old 08-07-2004, 10:59 AM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Deja vu! In '97 I had the exact same experience. I put a deposit on #6 of 7 cars allocated to Shagannappi Chev in Calgary. When I called to check the status in a couple months they didn't even have an order #! Numerous dealers told me that was common practice for them & I even called GM Canada. They took it quite serious, unfortunately I was still out a car.

Get notified of new replies

To Thank You Corvette Forum!!!

Quick Reply: Thank You Corvette Forum!!!