C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIN 1384 plagued with electrical problems...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Daylon
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been having some electrical problems, but it never quit. Mainly drivers aids and traction control on the F55 option. They have ordered a module that will finally fix all. Fingers are crossed. There were 12 systems not communicating with each other. I still say it has to be a crime of some type to enjoy a car this much. Hope they get you running buddy.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by prseasix

I'll call them on Monday, 11/15/04 to see if it's going to be here this week.

Still no word on a fix for the actual problem yet; they're just working on developing a good diagnostic test for the mode switch. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know anything definite.
Did you ever hear anything on this?
Old 02-13-2005, 03:17 PM
no spin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie
Did you ever hear anything on this?

Clark was running his car at Winter Jam III in Gainesville last weekend and enjoying every minute. If I remember correctly he said the techs determined his F55 was working properly, although he believes he cannot tell any difference even on the road course at Gainesville.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:21 AM
skfurr
Racer

Originally Posted by no spin
Clark was running his car at Winter Jam III in Gainesville last weekend and enjoying every minute. If I remember correctly he said the techs determined his F55 was working properly, although he believes he cannot tell any difference even on the road course at Gainesville.
That's dissapointing to hear. Our F55 car was noticably different between sport and tour. Not night and day, but noticable. I put the wife behind the wheel and covered the switch. We drove for about 100 miles and she could always tell which way the switch was when we've hit a bump in the road or ride over expansion joints. Problem was, even though she could tell, it wasn't a huge difference. We both felt that the ride was so good even on sport mode that on our new one we went for the Z51 package.

Stephen
Old 03-02-2005, 03:49 PM
AutoCutter
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, what was the outcome of the crack GM testing team. I have Z51-manual with the same weird problems, but the dealership say nothing is wrong-Mind you they have had to paid for rentals and towing, but nothing is wrong!

Get notified of new replies

To VIN 1384 plagued with electrical problems...

Quick Reply: VIN 1384 plagued with electrical problems...