C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Has Taken Delivery of a 1SA or 1SX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 07:57 PM
SouthFlorida
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Has Taken Delivery of a 1SA or 1SX?

We have been hearing for a couple of months now of new C6 owners that have taken delivery of their 1SB Option Vettes. The constraint on the 1SX and 1SA was lifted 5 weeks ago, so now we should be seeing deliveries. If you have taken delivery of a 1SA or 1SX, what was your delivery date and Vin? My vin was 4496 and the delivery date was October 13.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:02 PM
David Lasic
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine's 5833, on the line right this minute and to be completed tomorrow, Saturday 10/16 as BG is working overtime tomorrow and next Saturday per Kevin.

I expect it to go to Allied by Wednesday 10/20 and be delivered to the dealer about 10/27 or so here in No. Calif.

1SA, six speed, DSOM, cashmere, glass roof
Old 10-15-2004, 08:30 PM
SouthFlorida
Instructor

Default A Great Car

I got the Silver/Ebony with the Auto. I love it. It feels more like one of the muscle cars of the old days then the C5 does with that extra torque and the low roar. I like that. Also, it seems like the power range set in the trans is more on the low end then the C5 and after 70 MPH or 80 MPH, it is more like a overdrive. I like that and I think it is a good ideal since most of us spend all of our driving under 80MPH. It gets up to speed faster then the C5 but after 80MPH it just seems to move up really slow with the acceration dropping flat. The C5 was like that to, but not as much as a drop off. But that is all good because I would rather have the power range on the lower end where it belongs. The steering is much more tight and responsive and the car is quieter and the interior gives more of a luxury feel then the C5.

I was surprised about a couple of things. I knew there was keyless entry and start but it is impressive that when I walk away from the car, it locks and when I walk towards the car, it unlocks. I never even have to reach in my pocket. Then I was surprised the 1SA had so many electric seat adjustments on both seats that my C5 didn't have. Then there is the thermostate control that I heard it was going to have that is nice that my C5 didn't have. The only thing I don't like is the radio, it is not that good sounding as was the case in the C5. Also, when I was traveling down the road with the top off, I was having problems with the seat belt flapping on the passenger side that I had to keep messing with. I never saw that happen in the C5 but it wasn't any big deal.

It is a great car!
Old 10-15-2004, 08:42 PM
David Lasic
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Great write up!!!!! Thanks for all of the detailed review

Just can't wait to put my hands on my own 1SA car.

Soon, very soon.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:41 PM
NextOne
Melting Slicks

Received 1,046 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFlorida
Also, when I was traveling down the road with the top off, I was having problems with the seat belt flapping on the passenger side that I had to keep messing with. I never saw that happen in the C5 but it wasn't any big deal.

It is a great car!
I wondered if anyone else had this problem. My solution is to reach over and fasten the belt. Problem solved.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:31 PM
SouthFlorida
Instructor

Default Just Little Things

Originally Posted by NextOne
I wondered if anyone else had this problem. My solution is to reach over and fasten the belt. Problem solved.
I wouldn't call it a problem just an observation. It is no big deal. The visor would come unhooked with me as well which I have heard others on the forum mention. But that is no big deal either. Just little things pretty much insignificant to me. No complaints.

Get notified of new replies

To Who Has Taken Delivery of a 1SA or 1SX?

Quick Reply: Who Has Taken Delivery of a 1SA or 1SX?