C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Museum Delivery and some Z06 Tid Bits

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Chairman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Museum Delivery and some Z06 Tid Bits

I picked up my DSOM, MN6, Z51 today at the mesuem today and all the good posts are included here by reference, so I won't have to repete them. I do however have one new thing to report. I have seen posts that lament the fact that the Nav system cannot be programed while moving....mine can. There does not seem to be any operating restrictions. There is a warning screen when you first start up that says that if you try to program while moving you will die and asks you to agree that is true but then, after I agreed, I have not found any restrictions and I was able to do everything I wanted to. Do the rest of you have this screen? There is the possibility that I just don't know what i'm doing since my entire experience is during the 126 mile trip home.
The museum delivery includes a personal tour of the factory and there are Z06 parts everywhere. Probably the biggest thing I saw was Z06 body panels on the vendor verification stand. They look very much like the flared fender photos I have seen on this forum but, in person they look much better. The windshield frame seemed much wider than normal but it may not have been the actual part. In addition, I saw a hood supposidely for a Z06 with an open air scoop at the front where it meets the front facia. There was also a front grill with a pronounced black diamond grid which I also believe was for the Z06. Many of the employees seem to know a lot about the car and I was told that the chassis of the Z06 would be hydraformed aluminum. Horespower over 500. 20 inch wheels. The folks I talked to seemed pretty excited about the "look" of the car. These are just some items for those waiting. I have my car, it drives great, life is good.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Life is good....I like that. Enjoy, enjoy!
I hope to pick up the identical car tomorrow.
It was spotted in Tucson, earlier today!
Old 10-20-2004, 08:06 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

thanks for the Z06 info can't F'ing wait
Old 10-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Cirrus8
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

The more I hear about the new ZO6, the more I want one. Can't wait to see it and the specs.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Lazerwolfe
Race Director

The wheels don't look 20 inches in the recent spy photo, but I could be wrong. I just don't see why they'd need to be that big anyway.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Hoyt Clagwell
Instructor

Chairman, you have a PM
Old 10-20-2004, 09:10 PM
prseasix
Race Director

Originally Posted by Chairman
I picked up my DSOM, MN6, Z51 today at the mesuem today and all the good posts are included here by reference, so I won't have to repete them. I do however have one new thing to report. I have seen posts that lament the fact that the Nav system cannot be programed while moving....mine can. There does not seem to be any operating restrictions. There is a warning screen when you first start up that says that if you try to program while moving you will die and asks you to agree that is true but then, after I agreed, I have not found any restrictions and I was able to do everything I wanted to. Do the rest of you have this screen? There is the possibility that I just don't know what i'm doing since my entire experience is during the 126 mile trip home.
The museum delivery includes a personal tour of the factory and there are Z06 parts everywhere. Probably the biggest thing I saw was Z06 body panels on the vendor verification stand. They look very much like the flared fender photos I have seen on this forum but, in person they look much better. The windshield frame seemed much wider than normal but it may not have been the actual part. In addition, I saw a hood supposidely for a Z06 with an open air scoop at the front where it meets the front facia. There was also a front grill with a pronounced black diamond grid which I also believe was for the Z06. Many of the employees seem to know a lot about the car and I was told that the chassis of the Z06 would be hydraformed aluminum. Horespower over 500. 20 inch wheels. The folks I talked to seemed pretty excited about the "look" of the car. These are just some items for those waiting. I have my car, it drives great, life is good.
I can program the Nav system when the C6 is moving, but only in a limited way...for instance, I can enter a destination and have the system compute a route, but only for addresses that have already been entered in the past (I can't type in new addresses for a new destination). I'm tempted to ask you to try this on your system, but don't have a wreck doing so!

Better yet, how about if you drive and have a passenger try to enter the new destination?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:00 PM
DarkKnightZ
Pro

Not sure about 'Dubs' on a Z06, but hey, they're the people building it. Guess if it has over 500 hp it can spin whatever mass it has to. Nice info!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:33 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lazerwolfe
The wheels don't look 20 inches in the recent spy photo, but I could be wrong. I just don't see why they'd need to be that big anyway.

i'll be damned if those rears dont look like 20's in that pic

probably a staggered 19 20 set up but it could be 20 all around
Old 10-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Rocketblock
Drifting

Old 10-20-2004, 10:56 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

Thank ya, thank ya, thank ya
Old 10-20-2004, 11:06 PM
C64BC
Pro

Originally Posted by M_C6
i'll be damned if those rears dont look like 20's in that pic

probably a staggered 19 20 set up but it could be 20 all around
They definitely look like they could be 20's. If the car is balance right they will not look too large. They would not put them on if they were not for some performance benefit. I'm getting a Z51 C6, but i will definitely be a fan of the new Z...but 400hp/400tq is enough for me!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:31 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C64BC
They definitely look like they could be 20's. If the car is balance right they will not look too large. They would not put them on if they were not for some performance benefit. I'm getting a Z51 C6, but i will definitely be a fan of the new Z...but 400hp/400tq is enough for me!

400hp/400 tq is enough for anybody! anything over that is extra credit
Old 10-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

Originally Posted by C64BC
I'm getting a Z51 C6, but i will definitely be a fan of the new Z...but 400hp/400tq is enough for me!
Yeah right. We all start that way saying (insert HP/TQ figure here) is enough for me. Soon, we get used to it and want more, much more .

Nice info on the Z. Can't wait until Jan.

Get notified of new replies

To Another Museum Delivery and some Z06 Tid Bits

Quick Reply: Another Museum Delivery and some Z06 Tid Bits