Originally Posted by TedG
Aren't the DRLs also your turn signals? And how would you be able to foil tape them? Aren't they in a semi sealed unit?
I taped the whole lens, from the outside. For turn signals, I use the arm out the window method. I guess I should have used a
instead of a
OK. On a more serious note, I did find the following post on digitalcorvettes: the search actually works there believe it or not (sorry, couldn't resist).
It was posted in the C6 section by a C6 owner so I believe
it refers to a procedure that will work on the C6 but I haven't tried it (don't plan to because in reality I don't care that the DRL's are on) and am not 100% sure.
Here is how to disable them permanently and it is reversable and does not affect the operation of any other lights. Cut and paste follows. 1. In the passenger footwell, lower the front carpet.
2. Remove the foot panel.
3. Locate the IPEC (Instument Panel Electrical Center) It looks like the fuse box next to the battery.
4. Remove the cover of the IPEC.
5. Turn it over and find the diagram of the components.
6. Locate relays 38 and 40. (38 controls the right DRL and 40 the left)
7. Pull each relay and carefully remove the cover.
8. Insert some type of insulator between the relay contacts (matchbook cover cardboard or the plastic from a coffee can lid works well) that you have cut to fit.
9. Replace relay cover, replace relay, replace IPEC cover, replace the footwell.
Please remember to have the ignition OFF and if you are not comfortable doing this work with the battery connected, DISCONNECT IT FIRST.