Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Weird hunch National Geographic might do a ZR1 documentary

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:34 AM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Default Weird hunch National Geographic might do a ZR1 documentary

Out of boredom tonight (yes at 1:30 in the morning I'm still crazy about Corvettes), I was watching that Ultimate Factories special about the Corvette Z06 when something caught my eye: on numerous occasions, the documentary relied on "exploded view" diagrams about various parts of the car. They use a computer generated yellow Corvette Z06 to demonstrate the exploded views. If you pay close enough attention to the yellow Corvette before the body work is lifted away, there's a line pattern on the hood bulge in the exact same location, size, and shape as the hood window on the new ZR1.

Also, the hood bulge appears more prominent on this computer generated model, just like the ZR1's hood bulge. Being that it's a computer generated image, I can understand seeing a bigger hood bulge might be the mistake of the people who generated the image. However, there's no mistaking that hood window outline that is clearly visible.

If anyone has the Ultimate Factories: Corvette episode still saved on their tivo or whatever else, if you have some spare time, go back through it and find the exploded diagram Z06. So who knows, maybe the Ultimate Corvette to date will get its time in the spot light on an Ultimate Factory episode.

Last edited by 1985 Corvette; 01-06-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:19 AM
Invisiguard
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
Out of boredom tonight (yes at 1:30 in the morning I'm still crazy about Corvettes), I was watching that Ultimate Factories special about the Corvette Z06 when something caught my eye: on numerous occasions, the documentary relied on "exploded view" diagrams about various parts of the car. They use a computer generated yellow Corvette Z06 to demonstrate the exploded views. If you pay close enough attention to the yellow Corvette before the body work is lifted away, there's a line pattern on the hood bulge in the exact same location, size, and shape as the hood window on the new ZR1.

Also, the hood bulge appears more prominent on this computer generated model, just like the ZR1's hood bulge. Being that it's a computer generated image, I can understand seeing a bigger hood bulge might be the mistake of the people who generated the image. However, there's no mistaking that hood window outline that is clearly visible.

If anyone has the Ultimate Factories: Corvette episode still saved on their tivo or whatever else, if you have some spare time, go back through it and find the exploded diagram Z06. So who knows, maybe the Ultimate Corvette to date will get its time in the spot light on an Ultimate Factory episode.
lol, I just posted the EXACT same thing, didnt see your post, but yeah they aired that show MONTHS before we saw any image of the ZR1

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1906729

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Weird hunch National Geographic might do a ZR1 documentary