Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Mild2Wild + ZR1 = WoW

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07
Default Mild2Wild + ZR1 = WoW

Find out what Z06 and C6 owners (with NPP exhaust) have know for years. Adding Mild2Wild will make the ZR1 sound like the beast it was designed to be below 3500 RPM.

Used by Jay Leno and Scott Dixon (indy 500 winner)

So you’re looking for a wireless controller for your ZR1 (Bi-mode exhaust) and you’re confused what to purchase. Videos / instructions / Customer Reviews = all at the bottom

Starting on all order placed 4/1 and on

In the constant effort to improve my products and offer a level of customer service that goes above and beyond. All Mild2Wild wireless NPP/Z06/ZR1 controls will ship with all the tools needed for simple 3 min install.

If I can’t earn your business with the best wireless controller on the market Mild2Wild, I hope you will check out www.nakidparts.com and see the many innovative products I have been working on for you.

Cars built after 10/06 do not have the homelink system and you will need to use the wireless FOBS provided as you can not program the visor control

I also have many DIY’s, a discount club and much much more all at www.nakidparts.com.

If you are only looking for the lowest price regardless of quality, customer service and reliability you can stop reading now.

If the best product is what your after, MILD2WILD and I can help, please take a second to read what I have been doing for the past 14 months to build you the first and best selling wireless exhaust control on the market. YOU ALSO GET MY LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTEE

If you want to skip this, you can just order at the bottom for a special sale price.

From the day forum member vettejoel ordered his Z06 June of 2006, I saw the need for a wireless controller that would do just customers wanted, open the exhaust valves below 3500rpm, but allow you to set them back to OEM with a press of a button and MILD2WILD or M2W was born. As it turns out, GM developed a great exhaust but kept it bottled up under 3500RPM and uncorking that bottle revealed one great sounding exhaust.

One of the most important features of MILD2WILD - THE ELECTRONICS ARE BUILT AND CERTIFIED IN A CONTROLLED FACTORY ENVIRONMENT. I NEVER OPEN AND MODIFY THE ELECTRONICS PRIOR TO YOU RECEIVING THE UNIT.

14 months ago, nothing existed to wirelessly control the exhaust. As with anything I do, I went on a quest to develop a product that would be worthy of a $75,000 car. At that time no wireless black box on the market was rated above 2A (the OEM exhaust circuit is 10A). I was lucky enough to work with the very engineer that built the bi-mode exhaust system for GM. I took those specs and had a black box built to my specs.

Building custom electronics are costly but well worth it in the long run, EVEN TODAY A BOX WITH MY SPECS IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC. I then assembled the best of the best components; all double insulated and even had some custom connectors made for the best fit.

I also started Leea Customs Inc., which was a major step showing my commitment to the product as well as my customers. As any business owner knows, many costs go into producing a quality product.

Since then, MILD2WILD has been reviewed in magazines and had been resold and certified by all the major parts houses. It is even the official choice for many tuners and Chevy dealers and chosen by B&B as the official fusion exhaust controller. When taking a look at my web site www.nakidparts.com, it’s easy to see the number of custom and one-off products I have developed and successfully been selling on the forum for over 2 years, I AM NOT JUST EXHAUST SWITCHES.

I can tell you that price is only part of any purchase, I feel it’s more important when installing electronics in a $75,000 car you select a product from a company with a outstanding track record that is here to stay, has one of the highest levels of customer service on this forum and will take any steps necessary to make customers happy.

Reguarding homelink /car2u, it will work if you have Homelink (1 leds), GM changed over to Car2u (3 leds) and as of now car2u can not be programmed. I have an engineer assigned to me so time will tell if we can get them working.

The original Mild2Wild - “0” ZERO battery drain, start in either Mild or Wild sound, (which is your choice and configured upon installation, not when you order it) and has just the right function you need with a 3 minute install…just Mild2Wild at your command!

SALE LINK ORDER NOW!

Add my famous splash guards and polishing kit and save even more LINK

See the 400+ rave reviews from customers LINK

Read the endorsement from Jim Hall(Designer of the Halltech systems and top tuner)LINK

See the many videos LINK

View the install instructions LINK

Vette Magazine

Simply install the unit, program the homelink (cars built after 10/06 may not have homelink) so you can use the provided mini remotes and you now have taken full control of the Bi-Mode exhaust. MILD (quite) when you want and WILD (aggressive) when you need it. Lets face it, much of your driving is under 3500 RPM so why not have that aggressive sound when you need it the most. Switch it any time running or not. The system is also designed to maintain the last know setting so the car starts up in the same position it was shut off in.

Some suggest it need to be easy to reach like your traction control. In realty, the exhaust is generly left in the wild position and the only need to access the switch is when you need to kill the drone on long trips. It certinly is not like the traction control that may need to be switched on or off in an emergency.

The 5 MIN Wireless Install (most do it in 2min)

Use your HOMELINK (cars built after 10/06 do not use HomeLink) or THE PROVIDED MINI REMOTES. Some mounting options

SALE LINK ORDER NOW!

What customers had to say:

"just bought one, and I'm happy to report that the entire experience has been nothing short of brilliant:
Simple online purchase, Quick delivery, Easy installation, Great product!"

"ordered mine yesterday & installed today! In my years of experience modding mostly euro cars, this one hands down is the best $$ spent! Love the
product!"

"I got my MILD 2 WILD Switch, installed in minutes, works like a charm! And no holes drilled in the console for a switch! Mine starts up in the mode I turned the motor off in, I like that feature. I highly recommend this great product."

"Got mine exhaust switch, installed today! WOW. What a sound at idle. Can't wait to open it up tonight! Just incredible sound. Thanks! Very COOL product."

"Received my unit yesterday. Nice little package and two remotes. The install took place this morning. I like it alot. This unit just saved me about $ 1200.00, that is I don't have to think about a new exhaust system. Thanks you very much."

"Hi Ed. Got my switch yesterday, thanks. 5 minute install, and I'm far from mechanical."

And 100's more here
CLICK TO SEE
MORE
Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
black-on-black
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely something worth buying for the vette!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody have a soundbite of a ZR1 with the exhaust flaps open?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by coolcat
Anybody have a soundbite of a ZR1 with the exhaust flaps open?

The ZR1 team was staying at our hotel at Carlisle and we got them to pull a fuse for a few moments, WOW Wish I had the recorder
Old 09-10-2008, 03:35 PM
JamRWS6
Racer

I've heard the flaps actually open around 3K on the ZR1 versus 3500 on the Z06. Anyone verified this?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:30 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
I've heard the flaps actually open around 3K on the ZR1 versus 3500 on the Z06. Anyone verified this?
That's 'cause once that supercharged mill gets going, they are AFRAID to stay closed!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:57 PM
CorvetteRL
Lifetime Vette Lover
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the instructions!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
That is true on the C6 NPP and may be the same on the ZR1.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:43 PM
blue devil 1
Racer

Default NPP on ZR1

I took delivery of #43 9/10 at the museum. Directly after the plant tour,I took the car to the PDI Dept in back of the museum. I showed The guys doing the get readys how to install the Mild2Wild , which I had brought with me. It took me less than 2 minutes on my ZR1 and let it suffice to say that everyone was extremely impressed. WORKS GREAT!!!! And yes the computer controls the NPP on the ZR1 and it does open at 3k rpm.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Old 09-17-2008, 10:09 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Just installed mild2wild (wireless exhaust control) in a ZR1, it is the best mod by far. This car with the exhaust open under 3000K is even more incredible sounding then the Z06 and the C6 NPP. The video will be posted soon

It's on sale and comes with the tools needed for install

LINK

Old 09-21-2008, 07:28 PM
KILLER06GT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
Just installed mild2wild (wireless exhaust control) in a ZR1, it is the best mod by far. This car with the exhaust open under 3000K is even more incredible sounding then the Z06 and the C6 NPP. The video will be posted soon

It's on sale and comes with the tools needed for install

LINK

Pipedreams is awesome to deal with. I've bought 2 mild2wilds from him in the past and has always been a pleasure to deal with. Thanks Ed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09fzJwxGqgs
Old 10-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Old 10-18-2008, 03:30 PM
black-on-black
Instructor

Damn, the M2W sounded good on the ZR1!
Old 10-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Old 10-19-2008, 04:26 PM
ammoman
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I put mine in this morning and it does work great.
The real need is on the highway.With the fuse out i loved it around town but when i got on the highway, the noise was bad for the hour drive to the shore.
Eric

Get notified of new replies

To Mild2Wild + ZR1 = WoW

Old 10-19-2008, 05:05 PM
CETA 256
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

The coolest mod a vette owner can do.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director