Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] I think there will be lots full of unsold ZR'1 in a few weeks

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:04 PM
crystalvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think there will be lots full of unsold ZR'1 in a few weeks

With most dealers asking $50K over I think there will be a lot of unsold ZR1's sitting around very soon.

Dealers are confusing the ZR1 qith the Z06. The Z06 was under priced at intro which allowed fro $10K mark ups. The ZR1 is a touch over priced in my opinion (loaded up) and the amount of 115K buyers out there vs $65K for the Z06 is a lot less and the amount of peole willing to pay $165K is zero.

Also, they are making 2000 of these - that may be the highest number of $100K+ cars produced in the US to my knowledge.

If you want one just wait a few weeks (4-8 weeks to be specific) and the prices will be at or a touch over sticker in my opinion...

Last edited by crystalvette; 09-24-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Ego-Trip
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran

......I think there will be a lot of unsold ZR1's sitting around very soon.
If you want one just wait a few weeks and the prices will be at or a touch over sticker in my opinion...
Huh? I dont think so.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:15 PM
J HEBERT
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2k1 Vette
Huh? I dont think so.
Don't be so quick to jump on him, if u only knew UNDER msrp is a reality in 6 months, no B.S. 2 unsold cars on the ground right now, I got the serial #s The dealers are in for a hell of a surprise and I say screw every one of 'em asking over Far more will be sold at or below than the 1st few above by the time the dust settles. For those that paid 50+ over, the suicide line forms to the right

Last edited by J HEBERT; 09-10-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: no got teh spel chek:)
Old 09-10-2008, 07:18 PM
craftfox
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are 3 zr1's coming to St louis that have NO BUYERS...they are trying that crap here and it is not working.. we have 07 z06's around here because of dealer greed, still sitting on lots waiting for homes...
Old 09-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

OP I hope you are right. I want a ZR1 ASAP and I refuse to pay a nickel over sticker price for it.

Originally Posted by craftfox
there are 3 zr1's coming to St louis that have NO BUYERS...they are trying that crap here and it is not working.. we have 07 z06's around here because of dealer greed, still sitting on lots waiting for homes...
Similar stuff going on around here. 08 Z06s not selling because they are only marked 5k off...

Originally Posted by J HEBERT
For those that paid 50+ over, the suicide line forms to the right
LOL!

Last edited by Jorday; 09-10-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Ego-Trip
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran

Don't be so quick to jump on him, if u only knew UNDER msrp is a reality in 6 months, no B.S. 2 unsold cars on the ground right now, I got the serial #s The dealers are in for a hell of a surprise and I say screw every one of 'em asking over Far more will be sold at or below than the 1st few above by the time the dust settles. For those that paid 50+ over, the suicide line forms to the right
OK...so the OP says that he expects them at MSRP in a "few weeks" and you agree with that? All I heard you say was that "UNDER msrp is a reality in 6 months". There is a big difference between "few weeks" and "6 months".

I dont disagree that the dealer greed will catch up with them but no way in hell ZR1's are just sitting around at MSRP in a "few weeks".
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let them drown in Zr'1s for trying to f*** us loyal Corvette buyers,if you ask me GM shouldn't allow them to do it in the first place they should set a max price limit!!!
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I still hold out hope that the line of idiots willing to pay over MSRP is short, but I'm afraid there just may be enough of them out there to scoop up this years production number. I think a car like that should fetch MSRP the first year, but thousands over is just plain crazy.

With any luck I will be able to pick up a 2010 (if there is one) in a little less than a year for a "fair" price. Like always, when the dealerships decide they have used up the idiot line and there are no more around, they will drop the price dramatically. Some dealers will hold out longer than others, but most of the high volume dealers will bring their prices down to earth within a year.

Also, if there are any dealers out there with a ZR1 in their inventory that they are willing to sell at MSRP... PM me.

Last edited by C6Tim; 09-10-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:29 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

I agree that I think a lot of people are in for a surprise. In short order, there will be plenty of ZR1's available for less than sticker. Stay tuned. Imho.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
micyoder
Cruising

I know a place that is sold theirs for MSRP!! same with the Z06's never over!! They are true to their customers!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Everbody knows of ZR1's for MSRP, but when it comes down to actually showing us, these cars or dealers mysteriously vanish or are no longer available. Please PM me for confirmed cars available now at MSRP (I don't care about Bill or Tom who bought theirs at MSRP), and I will be proud to show people pics of my new ZR1.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Supacat
Instructor

Was there not a post on here saying that there will be an UNLIMITED number of zr1s made?? if thats so, then all you have to do is wait..hell even with a limited number being built i still say all you have to do is wait..there is a premium for wanting to be the "first on the block or state or whatever" to have one..the markups are for THOSE people..if you are not one of them..say it with me...just wait..
Old 09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Supacat
Was there not a post on here saying that there will be an UNLIMITED number of zr1s made?? if thats so, then all you have to do is wait..hell even with a limited number being built i still say all you have to do is wait..there is a premium for wanting to be the "first on the block or state or whatever" to have one..the markups are for THOSE people..if you are not one of them..say it with me...just wait..
True, I don't think anyone is disputing the waiting game will pay off, but one poster actually said in a couple weeks there will be dealers lots full of ZR1's at or slightly over MSRP..in weeks!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:23 PM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

There will be more and more of these turning up unsold. Many of them on ebay are being relisted because there not making reserve. There are way fewer buyers of this car at $117K MSRP then the Z06. We are now going into winter time will tell on pricing.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,408 Likes on 611 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by crystalvette
................. Also, they are making 2000 of these - that may be the highest number of $100K+ cars produced in the US to my knowledge.

They will never produce 2000 units in the 2009 model year...
Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM
CDNZR
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by CORVETTEZL1001
There will be more and more of these turning up unsold. Many of them on ebay are being relisted because there not making reserve. There are way fewer buyers of this car at $117K MSRP then the Z06. We are now going into winter time will tell on pricing.

Bingo.. winter/snow = bad for selling performance cars. Wait for a few months until they have to move the ZR1 because creditor comes knocking on their doors for payments.
What ever happen to the $100k - $105k MSRP that was suppose to be? Besides, it's better to pick up next year's model because by then most of the bugs will be corrected?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
breakskeet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 145 Posts

Well, just wait till the first guy with 150K in his pocket gets passed by one of these cars.

These cars are hitting the streets just now. They have been causing people to go crazy for over the past year. Just look at the posts on this forum over this time alone and the first guy on here got his yesterday! When people start to see, touch, hear, and get smoked by one of these cars it's going to drive them nuts. This is only the beginning.

Get notified of new replies

To I think there will be lots full of unsold ZR'1 in a few weeks

Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by breakskeet
When people start to see, touch, hear, and get smoked by one of these cars it's going to drive them nuts.
That is a good point...
Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 PM
breakskeet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorday
That is a good point...
It's like sex. People can tell you all about how great it is, but until you experience it for yourself...... well maybe I'll know about that someday.....
Old 09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Silverbullet6spd
Racer

I saw my first ZR1 today! One of my BMW customers drove it in to show off.He paid $94k according to him.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] I think there will be lots full of unsold ZR'1 in a few weeks