Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Letter from GM VP

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Vietnam Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Letter from GM VP

Anyone receive a letter from GM? Below is a letter I just received from GM.

Dear Jason,

Thank you for being a GM customer. There's been a lot of discussion about the auto industry over the past few weeks, and I want to make sure you know the facts about GM. This is important because with all the media coverage of late about our company and industry, it is evident that there is much misinformation and many very dated perceptions being communicated. The truth and the facts are always helpful. First, we're building our best cars and trucks ever, and we're committed to being the best car company on the planet.

Take a closer look at Chevrolet, Buick, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, HUMMER, Saab and Cadillac. You'll be surprised.

Our vehicles are more fuel efficient.
• 19 of our 2009 models have an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway or better — more than Toyota, more than Honda

• For 2009, we offer more hybrid choices than any other manufacturer. We currently have six hybrids, by mid-2009 we will introduce three more, and by 2012 we will offer 15 hybrid models

• 11 of our last 13 new-product introductions have been fuel-efficient cars or crossovers. This trend will continue with 22 of our next 24 new-product introductions
Higher quality.
• We back our quality with the Best Coverage in America:
A 100,000-Mile/5-Year Transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty.1 Plus, Roadside Assistance1 and Courtesy Transportation Programs.1 This coverage is superior to Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Ford. We believe in our quality and reliability, and we back it up!

• The 2008 Chevy Malibu and Chevy Silverado were the "Highest Ranked Midsize Car and Large Pickup in Initial Quality" according to J.D. Power and Associates2
Safe.
• 37 of our 2009 models have five-star frontal crash safety ratings3

• We offer the safety and security of OnStar,4 including Automatic Crash Response,5 OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics6 and Turn-by-Turn Navigation.7 Not Honda. Not Toyota. Not Ford. Not Chrysler. Not Nissan. Not Dodge
The proof is on the road today.

Chevy
• The Cobalt XFE offers an EPA estimated 37 MPG highway. More than Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic DX8

• The Malibu offers an EPA estimated 33 MPG highway, which is better than Toyota Camry LE or Honda Accord9

• The Traverse offers the best highway fuel economy of any eight-passenger crossover,10 an EPA estimated 24 MPG highway. It has more interior space than Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

• The Silverado is Car and Driver's Best Pickup 2 years running.11
The Silverado XFE offers an EPA estimated 21 MPG highway. No other large pickup beats it. Not Ford. Not Dodge. Nobody.12
Buick • Pontiac • GMC
• The eight-passenger Buick Enclave crossover is quieter than
Lexus RX 350.13 And with an EPA estimated 24 MPG highway, it gets better highway gas mileage than Lexus RX 350 and Acura MDX14

• The Pontiac G5 XFE offers an EPA estimated 37 MPG highway. More than Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic DX8

• The GMC Sierra XFE offers an EPA estimated 21 MPG highway. No other large pickup offers better highway mileage. Not Toyota. Nobody.15
Saturn
• The AURA midsize sedan offers best-in-class16 highway fuel economy. Its EPA estimated 33 MPG highway beats Toyota Camry LE and Honda Accord17

• The VUE Hybrid has the best highway fuel economy in its segment:18 an EPA estimated 32 MPG
Cadillac • Saab • HUMMER
• The Cadillac CTS is a 2009 "Best Resale Value" Award winner from Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com.19 It is one of Car and Driver's 2009 10Best. And it was also selected a top safety pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety20

• The Cadillac Escalade Hybrid eight-passenger luxury SUV offers an EPA estimated 20 MPG city. Better than a 2008 MINI Cooper S Convertible with automatic transmission21

• The Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan, SportCombi and Convertible have earned the 2009 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's "Top Safety Pick" award in the midsize category for the third straight year22

• The HUMMER H3 has a lower annual fuel cost than Nissan Pathfinder23
And our future looks even brighter.
• The upcoming Chevy Volt (expected launch date late 2010) represents a fundamental reinvention of the American automobile industry. The Volt will deliver up to 40 miles24 on a single electrical charge, well within the daily commute of nearly 80% of Americans. It represents a giant step toward energy independence

• GM will also continue to invest in hydrogen fuel cell technology, which is capable of reducing automobile tailpipe emissions to non-polluting water vapor. Already, GM has deployed 90 Chevy Equinox compact SUVs to people in what constitutes the world's largest market test fleet of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
All made by GM. Surprised?

Here's something else amazing: the Red Tag Sales Event,25 which continues through January 5, 2009. The price on the tag is the price you pay. See some red, save some green.

It's a smart time to buy GM. Visit gm.com for more surprising reasons why.

Sincerely,

Mark LaNeve

This is an email advertisement. If you prefer not to receive any unsolicited marketing emails regarding GM vehicles, click here.

To review the GM Privacy Statement, click here.

1) Whichever comes first. Excludes 2009 Saab vehicles. See dealer for limited warranty details.
2) Chevrolet Malibu and Chevrolet Silverado LD received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among midsize cars and large pickups, respectively, in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Initial Quality StudySM. Study based on responses from 81,530 new-vehicle owners, measuring 344 models and measures opinions after 90 days of ownership. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed in February–April 2008. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
3) Government star ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov).
4) Call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (466-7827) or visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.
5) Available on select 2007 and newer GM models.
6) Capabilities vary by model. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.
7) Requires ABS and Directions & Connections Plan. Not available in certain areas. Visit onstar.com for coverage map. Not available on Pontiac Vibe and Saab 9-3 and 9-5.
8) Comparable Toyota Corolla with an EPA estimated MPG 35 highway and Honda Civic DX with an EPA estimated MPG 34 highway.
9) Malibu with available 4-cylinder engine and 6-speed automatic transmission. Comparable Honda Accord and Toyota Camry LE, both with an EPA estimated 31 MPG highway.
10) Based on GM Mid-Utility Crossover segment. Excludes other GM vehicles.
11) Car and Driver 2008.
12) Based on GM Large Pickup segment and Silverado XFE with 5.3L V8 engine and an EPA estimated MPG 15 city, 21 highway. Ford F-150 SFE with 4.6L V8 engine and an EPA estimated MPG 15 city, 21 highway. Dodge RAM 2WD with 5.7L V8 engine and an EPA estimated MPG 14 city, 20 highway. Excludes other GM vehicles.
13) Based on independent testing.
14) Buick Enclave FWD, Lexus RX 350 FWD and an EPA estimated 23 MPG highway, Acura MDX and an EPA estimated 20 MPG highway.
15) Based on GM Large Pickup segment. Toyota Tundra 2WD with 5.7L V8 engine and an EPA estimated MPG 14 city, 18 highway. Excludes other GM vehicles.
16) Based on GM Mid-Car Sedan segment and an EPA estimated MPG 33 highway (gas), MPG 34 highway (hybrid). Excludes other GM vehicles.
17) Saturn AURA with available 4-cylinder engine and 6-speed automatic transmission. Comparable Honda Accord and Toyota Camry LE, both with an EPA estimated MPG 31 highway.
18) Based on GM Compact SUV-Crossover segment and EPA estimated MPG 32 highway.
19) Vehicle's projected resale value is specific to the 2009 model year. For more information, visit Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.
20) Based on IIHS segmentation and testing results. IIHS results based on front-, side- and rear-impact tests and the availability of Electronic Stability Control.
21) 2008 MINI Cooper S Convertible with automatic transmission and an EPA estimated 19 MPG city.
22) Saab 9-3: Based on IIHS segmentation and testing results. IIHS results based on front-, side- and rear-impact tests and the availability of Electronic Stability Control.
23) Based on EPA Annual Fuel Costs and EPA estimated MPG. H3 EPA estimated MPG 14 city, 18 highway. Pathfinder EPA estimated MPG 14 city, 20 highway (premium fuel recommended).
24) Assumes fully charged battery. Actual range may vary depending on driving habits and conditions. Vehicle features and performance capabilities subject to change without notice.
25) Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra. Not available with some other offers. At participating dealers only. Take delivery by 1/5/09. See dealer for details.

For Copyright & Trademark Information, click here.

The marks of General Motors, its divisions, slogans, emblems, vehicle model names, vehicle body designs and other marks appearing in this email are the trademarks and/or service marks of General Motors Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors. ©2008 GM Corp. Buckle up, America!

General Motors Corporation
100 Renaissance Center
482-A00-MAR
Detroit, MI 48265
Old 12-14-2008, 07:42 AM
1stc6z51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's too bad that they don't mention Corvette as being the best value sportscar in it's class. They are producing the best supercar in my opinion with the ZR1. The Z06 is also an awesome supercar. Why don't they advertise the Corvette and do a better job in marketing it?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:45 AM
09C6ZR1
Racer

Originally Posted by 1stc6z51
It's too bad that they don't mention Corvette as being the best value sportscar in it's class. They are producing the best supercar in my opinion with the ZR1. The Z06 is also an awesome supercar. Why don't they advertise the Corvette and do a better job in marketing it?
I agree with you but it's a little hard to mention a car that has a gas guzzler tax on it in the same breath as the rest of the coparisons that were posted by GM...Yhank you for the info Vet
Old 12-14-2008, 12:45 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

I don't buy Toyota or Honda anyway!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:10 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like desperation to me!!!! what does this have to do with corvette... ??
Old 12-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Vietnam Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 09C6ZR1
I agree with you but it's a little hard to mention a car that has a gas guzzler tax on it in the same breath as the rest of the coparisons that were posted by GM...Yhank you for the info Vet
I agree and I think they most likely saw the same problem mentioning the ZR1, but I think they should have at least mentioned the standard Corvette.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Vietnam Vette
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vettesplus
sounds like desperation to me!!!! what does this have to do with corvette... ??
I am certain I received this due to Corvette purchases, since I haven't bought any other GM cars. I was just wondering if everybody had received letters like this.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:03 AM
petefias
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vietnam Vette
I am certain I received this due to Corvette purchases, since I haven't bought any other GM cars. I was just wondering if everybody had received letters like this.
I got one. Last GM car I bought was in 95 (ZR-1). Recently, been looking at Silverado 2500HD's. I would have no problem buying GM. Problem is most people wouldn't even consider buying GM.

Get notified of new replies

To Letter from GM VP

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Letter from GM VP