Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Pratt and miller c6r and zr1

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Howydo
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Pratt and miller c6r and zr1

I had a rare opportunity today to drive a new pratt and miller c6r along with my current 2009 zr1. The car is an absolute beast! The car has more low end grunt (torque) than my ZR1. I think overall, the two cars are pretty equal as far as speed goes.

The pratt and miller was beautifully designed with the entire body made of carbon fiber. The interior was incredible. The seats are much better than the zr1 and the steering wheel has alcantera, leather,carbon fiber and is flat on the bottom like an audi r8 or lamborghini.

I wasn't as impressed with the brakes which aren't carbon fiber but still plenty good. The car felt more brute and easier to lose control of than the zr1.

I liked the interior so much that I am having them make me a custom steering wheel and seats for my Zr1. The wheel will integrate all of the current buttons/controls that my zr1 has and the seats too will have power movement and the same airbags as the originals. They are even going to put the same zr1 emblem on the seats. The seats will have much more lateral support and are made partly of carbon fiber.

I would recommend these guys to anyone interested in top notch work on their corvette. These guys know the corvette like the back of their hands. Also, I was wondering what you guys thought about changing out the steering wheel and seats on the ZR1. Do you guys think this is a positive or negative for resale value? I guess I can always change the seats back along with the wheel if I had to.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 PM
joetz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen those seats in photos and they sure look cool. They should come standard on the ZR1. For a car with the performance capabilities of the ZR1 the stock seats sure are not up to task of withstanding all those g-forces.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 PM
mikebaab
Advanced

Originally Posted by Howydo
...I liked the interior so much that I am having them make me a custom steering wheel and seats for my Zr1. The wheel will integrate all of the current buttons/controls that my zr1 has and the seats too will have power movement and the same airbags as the originals. They are even going to put the same zr1 emblem on the seats. The seats will have much more lateral support and are made partly of carbon fiber...
Pictures please?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Howydo
Racer

pictures to come in about 3 weeks
Old 03-23-2009, 11:01 PM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I had a rare opportunity today to drive a new pratt and miller c6r along with my current 2009 zr1. The car is an absolute beast! The car has more low end grunt (torque) than my ZR1. I think overall, the two cars are pretty equal as far as speed goes.

The pratt and miller was beautifully designed with the entire body made of carbon fiber. The interior was incredible. The seats are much better than the zr1 and the steering wheel has alcantera, leather,carbon fiber and is flat on the bottom like an audi r8 or lamborghini.

I wasn't as impressed with the brakes which aren't carbon fiber but still plenty good. The car felt more brute and easier to lose control of than the zr1.

I liked the interior so much that I am having them make me a custom steering wheel and seats for my Zr1. The wheel will integrate all of the current buttons/controls that my zr1 has and the seats too will have power movement and the same airbags as the originals. They are even going to put the same zr1 emblem on the seats. The seats will have much more lateral support and are made partly of carbon fiber.

I would recommend these guys to anyone interested in top notch work on their corvette. These guys know the corvette like the back of their hands. Also, I was wondering what you guys thought about changing out the steering wheel and seats on the ZR1. Do you guys think this is a positive or negative for resale value? I guess I can always change the seats back along with the wheel if I had to.
Make sure you keep the original parts for resale.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Just keep your stock seats and wheel for resale GM didn't change the seats in the ZR1 becasue it would have required a whole new round of crash testing.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:19 PM
yellerz51
Pro

I think he means these and they are sick...

Old 03-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

The wheel is very similar to what Caravaggio makes, but the seats are custom made by Leer
Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 AM
james1990
Burning Brakes

i think thats a great way to upgrade a car that doesnt need much upgrading
Old 03-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Zippy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 2, 9 & 10 Veteran
St Jude donor '09

WOW..I love the look.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
yenkovette
Advanced

Pratt & Miller is as good as any "tuner " in the world ........the results are carved in stone !! Thanks for sharing your views.....very few people will have had the opportunity to directly compare these cars.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Howydo
Racer

Originally Posted by CORVETTEZL1001
Make sure you keep the original parts for resale.
I can't keep the original parts, they need them for templates for both the wheel and seats. I can always order a set of new ZR1 seats and a steering wheel if it comes down to it in the future. The stock seats and wheel are not coded/numbered and therefore, are not specific to any one car.

I'm not sure that anyone would really object to these upgrades, however. Pratt and Miller are the best in the business and they have name recognition behind them. The upgrades are so much nicer than stock.

I guess if the car becomes a collectors item it could become an issue but again I can always reorder the stock seats and wheel. Besides, as much as I love the ZR1 I don't think it will be a collector's car. If the car does become a collector's car it won't be for a very long time. Besides, I like driving my cars not making garage queens out of them.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

I can't keep the original parts, they need them for templates for both the wheel and seats. I can always order a set of new ZR1 seats and a steering wheel if it comes down to it in the future.
not necessarily. try ordering C6 interior sail panels ... you haven't been able to get 'em for many months now. i'm sure there are a lot of parts you just can't get right now. If GM goes chapter 11 you may never be able to get them.

I'm not sure that anyone would really object to these upgrades, however. Pratt and Miller are the best in the business and they have name recognition behind them. The upgrades are so much nicer than stock.

I guess if the car becomes a collectors item it could become an issue but again I can always reorder the stock seats and wheel. Besides, as much as I love the ZR1 I don't think it will be a collector's car. If the car does become a collector's car it won't be for a very long time. Besides, I like driving my cars not making garage queens out of them.
Yeah, if you're going to drive it, it will not be collectible. For a driver's car, the mods will be a wash. I wouldn't worry about keeping the originals.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Howydo
Racer

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
not necessarily. try ordering C6 interior sail panels ... you haven't been able to get 'em for many months now. i'm sure there are a lot of parts you just can't get right now. If GM goes chapter 11 you may never be able to get them.

Yeah, if you're going to drive it, it will not be collectible. For a driver's car, the mods will be a wash. I wouldn't worry about keeping the originals.

Hmm, could be right but I guess that's a chance I'll have to take. I'm not too concerned with the seats and wheel, they are pretty much standard on every corvette.

I guess I could order the parts now and hold on to them just in case they're not available in the future but that will cost me like $3500 just to secure that position. I'm not sure it's worth it. Anyway, thanks for the info...

Also, after speaking directly with Pratt and Miller they don't seem to think getting those parts will be difficult at all.

Last edited by Howydo; 03-25-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: edit
Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Old 03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Also, after speaking directly with Pratt and Miller they don't seem to think getting those parts will be difficult at all.
that's pre-sales talk ... i definitely would not take their word for it.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Howydo
Racer

Could be but I also called two chevy dealers and they both said that they too could easily order seats and a steering wheel. Guess I'll just have to take my chances. I like the upgrades enough to chance it. Thanks....

Get notified of new replies

To Pratt and miller c6r and zr1

Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
yenkovette
Advanced

Could be but I also called two chevy dealers and they both said that they too could easily order seats and a steering wheel. Guess I'll just have to take my chances. I like the upgrades enough to chance it. Thanks....
I think this is the right attitude........enjoy the car now. Don't worry about Barrett -Jackson auction 30 years from now. I doubt if we're talking about an original Cobra Daytona coupe or Grand Sport here.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

ordering and getting are totally different things.

just want to be clear, i'm not trying to discourage you, i think you should get the p&m versions ... soo much better than stock. i have the caravaggio steering wheel, which i think is the same or nearly the same as the p&m and it is so fantastic. no one down the road is going to care that you don't have the original equipment, in fact you'll probably have a great selling point.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

the interior of pratt and miller's C6r is what the Zr1 should look like from the factory IMO.

Zr1 witha C6R interior = perfect match * not to take anything away from the rest of their work on the C6. I just prefer the fac mechanicals and looks

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Pratt and miller c6r and zr1