Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Best Tire Dressing

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
The BreeZe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Tire Dressing

I'm sure this has been discussed, but with the winter season almost over, we all look forward to sunny days in the driveway.

I can't seem to find a good tire dressing. I've always used Zaino on my cars and I use the Zaino tire dressing. It looks ooookay, black, but a dull sheen. The dressing dries and doesn't throw oil, but its not brilliant.

When I purchased my '09 last summer, the dealer put a really shiny dressing on the tires, but they weren't oily.

Many of the major over-the-counter tire dressings I've tried give you a wet look, but they throw oil all over the side of the car. Some of the dressings over time make the black turn a dark brown...ugh!

Anybody want to recommend a dressing that gives a great shine, stays black and isn't oily!

PS: DETAIL TIP spray the tire dressing into the wheelwell black plastic liners, makes the car look new.

The BreeZe
Old 03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
dg144
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful with chemicals near the carbon ceramic rotors! they don't like it and shiny tires aren't worth risking any braking problems
Old 03-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Blackdevil77
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I always used this stuff. Makes the tires look very wet with a deep black shine for 2-3 weeks, depending on weather.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Tire Dressing

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Best Tire Dressing