Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Titanium Headers anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Titanium Headers anyone?

If you think the Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust is expensive, think about this.

We are installing them along with Kooks Headers today, right after the Pfadt Carbon fiber drive shaft.

I have been asked by the engineers at Akrapovic if we want them to develop the first full titanium exhaust header to compliment their full titanium exhaust system.
The R&D is crazy for this type of header, but if we could secure 40 to 50 orders (deposit required) they will make them. It would feature a cast titanium flange that is a true D-port and shorty headers that would merge with their 9 lbs X-pipe. Cats would have to be installed by your local shop in the X-pipe.

The headers, Xpipe and full muffler, tips, all in titanium (carbon fiber tips are optional) utilizing the Bi-mode valving would save 58lbs compared to stock. Our installation today is shaving off -46 lbs, but we are merging the Kooks to the EVO Ti system.

If you are interested at all, the pricing would be around $1500 Euros for the headers in titanium, which right now is around $1950 dollars each. This does not include the EVO system, which is priced on our website.

If we get enough interest and pre-orders, we would commit to them, and get this started. Power would be likely equivalent to current headers, with 13 from the mufflers. The real deal comes from the 58lbs weight savings, which on the stock Z06 power/weight ratio equates to 9.3 HP just from weight.

The cool factor could not be estimated, and NOS or SC brings a much better value. But for the true nutcases like me, that are striving for every lb of weight savings, and every HP, this is one more link in the chain.

Please vote here if you have any interest: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...rs-anyone.html

Jim Hall
Old 07-26-2010, 02:22 PM
CorvetteRanch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sign me up, I'm lookin to shave weight like crazy on this heavy *** C6 Z.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:33 PM
newschool
Burning Brakes

why would they go through all the trouble to make a shorty header?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 PM
CorvetteRanch
Instructor

Cripes guess I didn't read the small print. Welp that's a roger, why make Ti Shorties...hmm guess I'm going with LG Superpro LT Headers then. See ya! Besides the Uber expensive Ti muffs are only 6lbs heaviers than Corsa extremes...stainless thin tubing is almost as light as Ti, and far easier to weld and fabricate. I sure love the Akrapovic system I had on my GSXR750, and the Ti system on my Duc 999R, but not worth it on a street car.

Get notified of new replies

To Titanium Headers anyone?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Titanium Headers anyone?